Vogue Paris August 2008 : Daria Werbowy by Inez Van Lamsweerde & Vinoodh Matadin - Page 17 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

21-07-2008
V.I.P.

I love Kate's ed too, and I think she looks good in that ed I prefer French Vogue's way of portraying Kate than US Vogue's

21-07-2008
V.I.P.

I dont like Kates ed at all, whats with the J.Lo poses?Inez Van Lamsweerde & Vinoodh Matadin are so incredibly overrated its not even funny.

21-07-2008
V.I.P.

^me too, US Vogue was boring, this ed is glamorous and exciting, loooove

21-07-2008
V.I.P.

i'm very 50-50 about Kate's ed ...
something is truly missing ... and though there's no Balmain in the pictures posted, it feels 100% Balmain ... Emmanuelle, one day, you'll have to choose ...
the different works aren't seperated anylonger .... and it's really annoying ... or i don't know balmain should choose someone with tougher arms and creativity as art director ...
and the second picture (double page) is a true disaster !!!! IMO !

Last edited by BerlinRocks; 21-07-2008 at 07:22 AM.
21-07-2008
V.I.P.

^^^ agree!

Kate Moss can be so much more interesting that the Vogue's all style her to be.

The styling for her editorial feels a little too deja-vu for me. I feel like I've seen it before, a million times before!

The Sasha editorial is beyond boring.

I'm disappointed with Vogue Paris recently! I feel like its trying too hard to be edgy and unqiue.

21-07-2008
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselmax View Post
Nuits Fauves (preview)
Photographers : Inez Van Lamsweerde & Vinoodh Matadin
Fashion Editor : Emmanuelle Alt
Model : Kate Moss
Scanned by me

Sorry about the quality I just don't know how to scan double pages properly...
I thought you did the double pages really well and I say this as someone who (privately, I would never publicly complain) gets a little frustrated at how they're done by others, sometimes .

V.I.P.

I love Kate's ed, it's interesting, styling goes well with background, can't wait to see all shots!

21-07-2008
V.I.P.

Kate's ed is gorgeous, no surprise!!!

21-07-2008
V.I.P.

after a long time of doubts i decided what i dont like E Alt styling at all, and i hadnt ever like it: too simple, and Kate ed is a disaster. all these ugly "posh-cheap" -lookin`evening dresses, animal prints that makes woman look on 10-15 years older , than she is
urgh

Last edited by Alien Sex Friend; 21-07-2008 at 01:38 PM.
21-07-2008
front row

i love love love kate but if i have to be honest, this ed is not very good. i hope there will at least be some better shots in the rest

21-07-2008
The future is stupid

I love Kate's edit... Kate can pull off anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by helmut.newton View Post
I'm disappointed with Vogue Paris recently! I feel like its trying too hard to be edgy and unqiue.

Carine Roitfeld is a very strong woman... with a definite & unique point of view. She is a master at what she does. She conveys the look of Vogue Paris in her own image & she surrounds herself with beautiful... inspirational fashion editors that are so perfectly French it's breathtaking. Vogue Paris isn't trying to be anything... it takes a more free flowing curatorial approach than the other Vogues... it is simultaneously sexual & androgynous... high-class & low-class... and it is light years ahead of all the other Vogues... although I really don't like to compare the Vogues... they each have their own point of view. I don't look at Vogue Paris to find things I want to possess... I look to it for fashion... culture... style... inspiration... on every page you see creative freedom & that's what I want from a magazine. For me each issue of Vogue Paris is a collectors item. I personally find Vogue Paris a pleasure to view each & every month... and so do most of you... otherwise you wouldn't be clamoring for scans... you want to look at it... you can't stop looking at it!

21-07-2008
V.I.P.

AMEN

I was gonna say, the only bad thing about Vogue Paris is that it always leaves me begging for more, which can be frustrating sometimes

21-07-2008
V.I.P.

I third that, beautifuly said, my thoughts exactly MMA.

21-07-2008
front row

^i second that, i couldn't have said it better myself MissMagAddict

21-07-2008
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMagAddict View Post
I love Kate's edit... Kate can pull off anything.

Carine Roitfeld is a very strong woman... with a definite & unique point of view. She is a master at what she does. She conveys the look of Vogue Paris in her own image & she surrounds herself with beautiful... inspirational fashion editors that are so perfectly French it's breathtaking. Vogue Paris isn't trying to be anything... it takes a more free flowing curatorial approach than the other Vogues... it is simultaneously sexual & androgynous... high-class & low-class... and it is light years ahead of all the other Vogues... although I really don't like to compare the Vogues... they each have their own point of view. I don't look at Vogue Paris to find things I want to possess... I look to it for fashion... culture... style... inspiration... on every page you see creative freedom & that's what I want from a magazine. For me each issue of Vogue Paris is a collectors item. I personally find Vogue Paris a pleasure to view each & every month... and so do most of you... otherwise you wouldn't be clamoring for scans... you want to look at it... you can't stop looking at it!
i agree MMA .

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2008, august, daria, inez, lamsweerde, matadin, paris, van, vinoodh, vogue, werbowy