How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

16-07-2009
V.I.P.

Jennifer and Mathilde look so cute. Thanks for the snaps.

16-07-2009
V.I.P.

du juan looks great in the eds

16-07-2009
front row

I can't wait !!!

16-07-2009
backstage pass

ADN de la mode isn't too great...although i like the range of models and how the collections are showcased

don't look down

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyc_art_style View Post
I don't understand how you guys think this cover is boring. what does a cover have todo to excite you guys? does Daria have to stand on her head?
It's the overdose of Burberry check behind her, it utterly cheapens this for me into something ordinary; the colours of what she's wearing are gorgeous, but then you get this pattern which doesn't signify anything positive to me.

Carine doesn't live where I do, some visual references will be very far apart.

V.I.P.

Isabeli's DSqaured2 shot is stunning! love her expression especially her eyes!

where's Garrett's shot?

V.I.P.

Fantastic issue
I love when Vogue Paris dare to try itself into introducing girls, like they did with 2009 calendar for exemple... their choices are awesome...
They really can afford it much as they are also very faithful to "their" girls besides (Malgosia, Isabeli, Lara, Daria, Eniko, Iris... )
The French girls feature looks very nice as well, Charlotte di Calypso looks so gorgeous on the pic and she deserves her place among this feature sooo much... I'm happy to see Melo and Mathilde !!
btw this is such a nice "coup" from Vogue Paris, taking the opportunity to showcase those French girls almost only one week after the success of French girls ( congrats Elite btw ) in Haute Couture runways...

Last edited by mariemaud; 16-07-2009 at 11:42 AM.
16-07-2009
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerrouge View Post
It's the overdose of Burberry check behind her, it utterly cheapens this for me into something ordinary; the colours of what she's wearing are gorgeous, but then you get this pattern which doesn't signify anything positive to me.

Carine doesn't live where I do, some visual references will be very far apart.
I know exactly what you mean here. The Burberry check is looked down upon in some parts of the UK

But if you look past all of that, then it works. It does for me anyway.

fashion insider

ADN de la mode, and every thing else looks super fantastic!! Thanks so much! I'm still think about the cover.... :S

16-07-2009
Ère de ℳodernité

Quote:
Originally Posted by cottonmouth13 View Post
where's Garrett's shot?
Forgot to snap it That's too bad because he's shirtless

V.I.P.

The I&V editorial is stunning! Not only is the variety in the model casting and styling great, but it's beautifully photographed! Classic I&V, which I can never get tired of

All other editorials look good too, I cannot wait to get this!

I'm a bit underwhelmed by the Françaises au top picture though... I would have prefered a real editorial, and the girls don't look their best... Still a nice idea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VogueParisLover View Post
ADN de la mode, and every thing else looks super fantastic!! Thanks so much! I'm still think about the cover.... :S
I suppose it's like the LV monogramme in France, all the chavs/neds wear it (although it's counterfeit)... I still love it though

Last edited by taben; 16-07-2009 at 11:20 AM.
16-07-2009
fashion insider

^ I agree, I would've loved to see a full editorial with all of the French models... but I still like the picture.

16-07-2009
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thefrenchy View Post
Forgot to snap it That's too bad because he's shirtless
^oh, can you please snap it? that has got me so much excited to see 'cause he's shirtless in the ed.

front row

finally,it's out, the first close-up cover of the year
daria is so gorgeous, it's much better if ignore the background

16-07-2009
trendsetter

Thank you SOOOOOOOOOOOOO much Frenchy ! I have been waiting for this issue ever since I heard about it!

The cover is beyond disconcerting. I let out a huge gasp of disappointment when I saw it. The colors are so bland and dull and that angle of Daria's face is not in the least bit flattering. The styling is yawnful and questionable- kind of looks like a mediocre Gap ad! And why must they blatantly advertise certain designers in their covers. This is the third time this year! March was Chanel, June/July was Dior, and now we have Burberry! The cover does, however, give off a heavy early-Eighties vibe, and I think that's what they were going for... so they succeeded in one area.

Despite the major bummer of a cover, the contents of the issue are VERY promising. The behemoth main I&V edit reminds me of the grand editorial "Mode, Mode, Mode" shot by David Sims in the September 2005 issue with Nicole Kidman on the cover. It's nice to see they used a variety of models. And the styling in some shots is very masterful. The designer organization is quite a helpful way to showcase all of Fall's great clothes! And it's a new idea for VP since they usually mix and match the clothes from the various collections.

Iris's edit is FABULOUS, even if it looks like a complete redux of her March cover! But one can never go wrong with loads and loads of jewels! The tongue-in-cheek tackiness of the various jeweler t-shirts is also quite comical.

And I am SO happy to see Georgia May Jagger in this issue. I fell in love with her when I saw her in Vogue Russia a couple of months ago and it is so great to now see her in the pages of VP. She has such a youthful sexiness to her- so fresh. And a face that is so versatile! I hope she makes many more appearances in the magazine!

This is quite grand and jam-packed for being an August issue. Makes me wonder what September will look like ! Hopefully even better!

Last edited by vavavinny; 16-07-2009 at 11:29 AM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2009, august, daria, inez, lamsweerde, matadin, paris, van, vinoodh, vogue, werbowy