How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

15-07-2011
V.I.P.

"Escale A L.A." is disappointing, there is too much going on, without any real focus on the clothes....the ed is also too long....

15-07-2011
fashion elite

From the eds that I have seen so far this had to be my favourite issue in years. Also pleased that there seems to be a little more variety in models used.

15-07-2011
V.I.P.

I just can't bring myself to like the new 'look' of the magazine; the new fonts, the layouts, etc. It ruins the whole magazine and makes it look cheaper.

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psylocke View Post
And can VP please come up with another way to style Freja other than using that stupid punk/rock chick look over and over again?
me too,
Freja can do much better and more than the repetitive punk rocker look

15-07-2011
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiranYana View Post
me too,
Freja can do much better and more than the repetitive punk rocker look
Agree!

backstage pass

i agree with the freja lovers i think she can show a different, better side of herself. it's not good to put her in that rocker/punk theme the whole time, that's too easy and boring.

15-07-2011
V.I.P.

Lara is THE best thing about this issue, I'm getting it solely for her
those shots by Hans of Jourdan and Natasha are incredible!

15-07-2011
tfs star

Escale A L.A. is such a useless editorial and unnecessarily long.

I still have yet to purchase an issue VP this year. I really don't care how visually pleasing the photos are, if there's no substance or vision, I'm not spending my money on it. It's just getting tiresome.

15-07-2011
front row

Main ed is WAY too long..65 pages I counted? Way too long.

Lara, Freja, and Natasha had some nice shots. I felt Arizona and Raquel were just kinda in the background, Lara definitely was the star.

And I agree with everyone else, the whole "freja punk, hardcore, rocker" is old. Yes, she's edgy, but try something different!

15-07-2011
front row

The ed is boring. It's way to long and as everyone's been saying, the whole Freja rock-thing is getting really boring. She is so versatile and can do so much more, so idg why she has to be the one in black white shots with a band in the back.

front row

the beauty editorial is a joke....there are kids on youtube doing better makeup than that.

15-07-2011

The main edit is way too long, indeed, and I don't think it's the best work VP has ever done. But I like it anyway and maybe it's because of I&V.
BTW, the colors are so neon again. I've felt this for most of the issues this year. I don't know why they do this but I hope they won't do that again, bacause it makes the pics look not to have depth. It feels too light.

I'm starting to undetstand how VP is going under Alt. The eds are hardly as striking, provocative or controversial as it was under Carine. But it's been keeping the average quality every month so far. Not too sensational, but not too bad either. It felt so boring at first but if they keep this up, I don't think it's a bad thing.
When Carine was EIC some of the issues were dull whereas others were very intriguing. I think VP is getting 'calm' and almost equal when it comes to the quality of eds.

Last edited by Kanna; 15-07-2011 at 01:20 PM.
15-07-2011
V.I.P.

Main ed lacks many things, its worst collections ed VP has done, maybe it will look better in print (mostly the colors) but as a whole I'm disappointed, agree with everyone saying that Lara is the best part of it, but Natasha & Raquel also have one or two nice shots. Overall I could find like 5 shots that I saved.

Anna's bijoux ed is stunning, of course it reminds me her May ed, but it's still great. She looks beautiful in Miss Vogue aswell. Natasha's shots are better than Jourdan's in Feurer's ed. And get rid of this cheap awful font VP! I was hoping to see new layout this month, hopefully there's improvement in September issue, because I remember reading somewhere that there would be redisign.

15-07-2011
V.I.P.

This issue is not bad but I only like both Anna's edds. Points Forts is very Emanuele. I'm surpriesed she didn't style it.

Escale A L.A. is quite dissapointing. I don't feel it at all. The best part of this are Freja's and Lara's shots. At least they gave much during the shoot. IMO Isabeli, Arizona, Natasha and Raquel don't exist on the photos. Just bored girls waking and jumping around LA.

And also, I kinda miss the risk, the mistery, the vulgarity and passion that VP always had. Right now everything it's easy and simple, too simple.

Last edited by cul8tr; 15-07-2011 at 01:15 PM.
15-07-2011
clo
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by liberty33r1b View Post
"Escale A L.A." is disappointing, there is too much going on, without any real focus on the clothes....the ed is also too long....
Couldn't have said it better myself. What a mess of an editorial!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2011, august, inez, lara, paris, stone, vinoodh, vogue