How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

17-07-2011
windowshopping

IMO lara's eds are the best, followed by freja's seems like VP now has serious styling problems with models like Freja and Natasha maybe due to the repeated rock tone

Last edited by WhitePearl; 17-07-2011 at 12:30 AM.

17-07-2011
windowshopping

Despite some new models I'm glad to see in VP, sooner or later I will lose my interest in VP…

17-07-2011
front row

like vibrations chromatiques and that's it, all the others are pretty much rehashes of what's been done over and over again to death

17-07-2011
windowshopping

It's super cool! I love it!

17-07-2011
V.I.P.

60+ pages of I&V? Call me biased but I love it!

17-07-2011
old-fashioned

So the cover wasn't styled by Emmanuelle, that makes more sense. I like the main ed, but I agree about the casting - except for Lara and Arizona, who I simply cannot get tired of. Not only these girls are in every issue of Vogue Paris, but they are also doing what they always do, especially Raquel and her jumps and faces and Freja doing the androgynous rock chick...
I love MulletProof's suggestion of Ameyline Valade. It would be very nice to see some choices like that on the cover. Alt could mix more expected girls (I would love to see Arizona, for example) with unexpected interesting ones, like she's mixing obvious with not so obvious stylists and photographers.
Karim Sadli's ed is probably the best "Miss Vogue" ed so far. I don't find Anna S. a very interesting model, but she looks fantastic there (can't remember a model looking bad in an ed by Karim - Anna herself a few years ago, for System, also looked great). The 90s feeling of the styling reminded me of a Vogue Enfants ed also styled by Géraldine (that one shot by Matthew Brookes). It has that street element Emmanuelle loves, but it's more mixed, it feels more natural. I also like the balanced mix of color and b/w pictures, and love the red wall in the first shot.

Last edited by *ana*; 17-07-2011 at 05:21 PM.
17-07-2011
fashion elite

not. impressed.

18-07-2011
V.I.P.

What's boring, is the constant model casting discussion that surfaces in all the Vogue Paris threads. These models are used over and over for a reason - they deliver. You only have to flick through an issue to see that. Why should Emmanuelle or whoever, cast someone they dislike?

I'm thrilled that Natasha Poly's part of Escale A L.A, and styled by Emmanuelle. I would of preferred a more simplistic shoot. One that would have more focus on the clothes, because I love the selected pieces. Melaine Ward done wonders with Lara too. I wonder how the photographs would look with a full-page layout.

En Vogue and Zoom have combined? Not that I'm complaining, since it still consists of the same direction. Snejana looks so luxe with all those Chanel accessories, I do hope they continue to use her.

Naturally I'm delighted to see Poly by Hans Feurer. Jourdan's second shot is cover worthy, I love the colours. Shame Natasha wasn't on the same shoot as Anja for the June/July 2011 issue.

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueorchid View Post
US Vogue wasn't this repetitive really. I mean they have the models that they love and use often, but they never used the SAME models in basically every issue. They at least had a rotation.
Raquel is in every issue, try to name one she hasn't been in over last couple of months (or years, maybe)....

18-07-2011
trendsetter

it's funny you mention Raquel, her first ed was in the june/july issue 2011 this year, so one ed, and the one before that was also in in june/july 2010, so it's been a year of VP without Raquel.
i don't have a problem with the models they're using, and don't see any repetition in it, some of Alt favorites like Daria was featured only in february, Iselin hasn't had an ed this year, kind of weird, and Raquel just one.
Hopefully we'll get to see them all in september.

you soft and only

Quote:
Originally Posted by liberty33r1b View Post
Raquel is in every issue, try to name one she hasn't been in over last couple of months (or years, maybe)....
She wasn't in the July or February issues.

I wasn't trying to say that Vogue US doesn't reuse models, they do, of course. But, for example, Raquel's editorials are much more varied from issue to issue than what Emmanuelle is doing at Vogue Paris. She generally styles the same models the same way, which makes them seem even more repetitive to me.

18-07-2011
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueorchid View Post
She wasn't in the July or February issues.

I wasn't trying to say that Vogue US doesn't reuse models, they do, of course. But, for example, Raquel's editorials are much more varied from issue to issue than what Emmanuelle is doing at Vogue Paris. She generally styles the same models the same way, which makes them seem even more repetitive to me.
Well it's not Raquel now who repetitive it's Karlie she's almost every issue of US vogue these days. They love these models I don't have any problem with repetitive as long as they deliver what the stylist wants to say. I think Emmanuelle reuses them cos they suit with her style.

18-07-2011
tfs star

I find it funny how the industry is all about change, yet, some editors are reluctant to change in regards to models for their publication.

18-07-2011
you soft and only

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle_gb View Post
Well it's not Raquel now who repetitive it's Karlie she's almost every issue of US vogue these days. They love these models I don't have any problem with repetitive as long as they deliver what the stylist wants to say. I think Emmanuelle reuses them cos they suit with her style.
My point isn't that Vogue US doesn't reuse models, it's that they don't reuse them to the same EXTENT as Vogue Paris with Emmanuelle does.

19-07-2011
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikel View Post
60+ pages of I&V? Call me biased but I love it!
couldn't agree more!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2011, august, inez, lara, paris, stone, vinoodh, vogue