How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

12-07-2011
V.I.P.

Looks like Guy Bourdin meets Star Wars.

12-07-2011
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel29 View Post
Excited for the contents. I like that VP uses established girls, but I wish they would throw in some other established girls too, like Stam, Donaldson, Crombez, Jeisa, Trentini, Doutzen, Eugenia, Inguna, etc. Doesn't always have to be the sam established girls.
I'm glad this two do not apply.

It is repetitive, but VP uses without a doubt the best models out there. Can i really complain when they only use the best? I wished they used girls like Frida or Jac for example, but i can totally understand if they think they are not "strong" enough.

12-07-2011
fashion elite

I like it. The cover feels very summery and Lara kills it with that pose.

12-07-2011
tfs star

This cover is so awkward an unnatural and the cover looks is incredibly underwhelming. I do believe that this is definitely Lara's worst Cover for this magazine. However, I will purchase this issue for the collections editorial

12-07-2011
tfs star

According to MDC the cover is styled by Melanie Ward!

12-07-2011
rising star

Lara, Isabeli, Gisele, Kate, then Natasha, Daria then Lara again..... then maybe Freja... (Anja would look nice too...) the VP casting is a little too obvious... were Saskia and Daphne the last "new faces" we ve seen there?
It's almost like Vogue Brazil wich goes always like: Isabeli, Raquel, Gisele, then Isabeli again...
Why they can not try to show some other faces like Vogue Italia? lots of beautiful faces around...

Last edited by phalmeida; 12-07-2011 at 06:42 PM.
12-07-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cold_sun View Post
What bothers me slightly tho, is the fact that some people here complain about the repetitive use of the established girls, yet when Meisels shooting new faces for VI I read comments such as 'no expression', 'lifeless' etc for pages and pages.
I'm one of those people, but I wouldn't say those two complains are inconsistent. People are against "repetitive use of established girls" not "use of established girls". The other side of it is not necessarily "use of new girls". There are so many great established girls who have sort of fallen out of favor that I think fans here would be exctatic to see, some of which have been named. There really is no need to use Anja, Freja, Lara, etc in every issue.

fashion elite

I need thta magazine NOW!

███████████████

I Like the cover but no are very original

12-07-2011
fashion elite

i really dont mind vogue paris re-used their favorites over and over bc these girls are consistent in term of delivering great works. i dont think its a great idea for any vogue to use models all over the places. each established vogue has its own aesthetic so no surprise that they choose certain models to represent them. if the formula has been working since forever, i dont see a reason to change it.

i feel that if vogue paris give covers to many girls then it will takes away the prestige of this magazine. bc in that case it would make it easier for any model to land on cover of vogue paris.

12-07-2011
V.I.P.

Oh Lara, she always amazes me, I think this one of her best covers yet, she looks so sexy in that pose, cant wait to see her editorial

12-07-2011
trendsetter

I love it! It's such an intense, strong pose. Great choice for the cover. Lara is such a chameleon - she looks different in all her covers. Can't wait to see more. I'm definitely buying this issue.

tfs star

..delicious. better than IV's last VP cover with Lara. black, tight, summery, AND classy? AWH YEAH

V.I.P.

marvelous, strong enough, historic newtonish influence.
perfect !

eventhough i'm sad, once again, France wait for someone to be popular internationally before put him in front ... on the other hand, i'm very happy coz it's pretty rare VP puts a non-advertiser on the cover, non ?
Is it a first cover for Haider in VP ?

13-07-2011
front row

it's the best VP cover to come out since Emmanuelle Alt took the helm,but it looks like a ed.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2011, august, inez, lara, paris, stone, vinoodh, vogue