How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

11-07-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal-Galliano View Post
she's got pretty ugly nails.

Hahha they are incredibly unattractive here, i thought it was only me.

11-07-2012
V.I.P.

looks like a supplement cover i'm not impressed

V.I.P.

can they move on from the one-page-one-brand editorial type? it's so lazy and cliche.

windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeycombchild View Post
God these arguments are so redundant. Seriously.
Agreed! Haters live to hate. I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to see what any of these naysayers would do with a VP cover themselves given the chance.

11-07-2012
.my prison is your brain.

Moderator Reminder: Let's stick to commenting on the actual magazine cover and contents, thoughtfully please!, and not addressing each other as two sides, everyone is entitled to their opinions. Further comments and empty posts will be removed at moderator discretion.

Last edited by HeatherAnne; 11-07-2012 at 09:53 AM.
11-07-2012
V.I.P.

Wow, 3 major covers for Marion so far for August! Her reps sure are doing their job and why not, she's an absolutely beautiful and talented actress. Congrats to her!!

fashion insider

Personally as much as I love seeing models on the cover than the next person I just think it's time Vogue Paris departed from that whole scheme. I would LOVE to see more french celebrities in addition to some internationally well known stars (Angelina Jolie, for example). French Vogue obviously hasn't been the same and for a lot the members on here it clearly irritates the cracker jacks out of you! Emmanuel has just been under Vogue Paris for over a year now, it's bound to take her some more time to really captivate the readers. And honestly I don't expect Carine's new magazine to over achieve what Vogue Paris is capable of.

fashion icon

I agree with some members who said Emmanuelle's cover choices always seem to be off, but I think she does this purposefully. I remember reading an interview she gave early on when she was first appointed EIC where she stated that she likes looks that don't look so pulled-together. She likes them to have one thing that's a bit off, something that doesn't look quite right. So maybe she just doesn't want perfection. While I like that idea I just don't think that Emmanuelle pulls it off very often. On this particular cover she is saved by the fact that Marion's face is a work of art. If it were, say, Arizona Muse or someone less attractive than Marion, the cover would be crap.

11-07-2012
V.I.P.

i love marion so always happy to see her on the cover but i really don't like the image they chose! surely there was a better shot for the cover? anyway looking forward to seeing the inside contents.

she's got the look

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasper! View Post
can they move on from the one-page-one-brand editorial type? it's so lazy and cliche.
I know, right? Not sure if they do this to save money, but even if they do, it's not a good thing anyway.

backstage pass

marion looked so much more amazing the last time she was on vogue paris then this! And whats with that cheap font :|

V.I.P.

I just get really sad to watch the magazine that used to my favorite in the whole world, become... this. I'm not gonna repeat the complaints, I think everyone is tired to know. I'm just gonna continue to hope that Condť Nast put a end in this misery.

V.I.P.

marion is beautiful but this cover does nothing, hoping the contents will be great

11-07-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanelcouture09 View Post
^Seriously ? that is a bit dramatic, I don't mean this to sound like I'm being nasty, but saying this is bad is OTT.

I'd seriously love to see everyones idea of the perfect cover, I probably am a little over protective of VP under Alt, but the more people hate, the more I appreciate the issue .
I don't think my post was over the top. Funny you should say you feel overprotective of VP under Alt because I do too. She gets so much undeserved hate simply because she's not Carine. And I have generally liked her covers, but this one is simply awful. Honestly, I don't know if Marion ever looked good on a cover (strange since she is beautiful) but this one may be her worst one.
Posted via Mobile Device

11-07-2012
V.I.P.

I love the cover,. she looks beautiful

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2012, august, cotillard, mario, marion, paris, sorrenti, vogue