How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

11-07-2012
V.I.P.

never too much of marion...luvit. look forward to the editorial

11-07-2012
fashion icon

^Marion is very successful that is true. But it would be neat to see other well known French women have a cover which is meant to embody "the French women." Two more well-known names that they could have chosen are Clemence Poesy, she's darling of the fashion world, or Berenice Bejo who's film The Artist was quite a success and I'm sure people will be looking to see what she does next. So while Marion is very successful in her own right I think other options for cover models exist too.

fashion icon

Yeah, well, the point of this cover is that Marion's got a movie coming out. VP has to support France's most famous actress and get on the Batman bandwagon.

11-07-2012
backstage pass

The model in the preview of the long ed by Sorrenti = SCARY!!!

Reminds me of my aunt dying from cancer.
For me it's a Horror picture.

11-07-2012
trendsetter

Awful cover, but the shot of the Alexander McQueen gown has gotten my interest. Stunning shot!

11-07-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIs View Post
I don't think my post was over the top. Funny you should say you feel overprotective of VP under Alt because I do too. She gets so much undeserved hate simply because she's not Carine. And I have generally liked her covers, but this one is simply awful. Honestly, I don't know if Marion ever looked good on a cover (strange since she is beautiful) but this one may be her worst one.
Posted via Mobile Device
I have got to agree with you, especially your first post. I don't know much about Marion. I have never seen any of her movies and I am sure that with all the attention she gets she must be something special in films, but I think she takes terrible pictures. Her French Vogue cover under Carine, that i'm still not a fan of to this day, was better and did leave a fairly decent first impression despite the terrible make up.

Just because a major magazine uses an A-List actress doesn't mean the picture has to be a big bang, but there still should be some impact. I tend to think beauty covers of this type are the hardest to succeed in executing-you do want something special and eye catching and not just another 'pretty picture'. However, I don't think she is interesting enough in print to pull something like this off.

I think part of the reason why so many praise Carine is because in a way she did own up to what many people like to think French style is and should be. This cover, on the other hand instead of being infused with beauty and sexiness, is more awkward and looks a bit clumsy-not two words I think of when the french cross my mind....

Though she could just be in the same category of Julia Roberts, Gwenyth Paltrow, Beyonce Knowles (I know she does not sound right in the same sentence as the other two ) . Good actress, pretty face...but not exactly a cover girl.

Last edited by Mchunu; 11-07-2012 at 02:30 PM.
11-07-2012
Mag Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchHomme View Post
The model in the preview of the long ed by Sorrenti = SCARY!!!

Reminds me of my aunt dying from cancer.
For me it's a Horror picture.
i'm glad someone saw it too
i like the idea behind the shot, but these muscles

11-07-2012
fashion insider

Fantastic cover! Love you Marion!

11-07-2012
When in doubt, wear red.

WOW that must be some kind of record, both US and French Vogue great for Marion but really they could've done more. Funny to see that she isn't scheduled in any talk show or interview for TDKR promo and yet she's getting all the print work.
As for the cover, the shot is very awkwarkd, it looks like a lackluster version of Vanessa Paradis November 2008 cover

trendsetter

First Emma Stone getting Vogue US/Vogue UK and now Marion getting Vogue US/Vogue FR??? Some publications need to space out their cover stars....jesus.

11-07-2012
V.I.P.

I think the cover is pretty, under i prefer this cover than her cover of US Vogue, but my fave is the one of September 2010, look forward for her ed.

The preview of "The Collections" ed, looks amazing, but in the same time scary of the arms of the model (who i don't know she is?).

11-07-2012
Mr. Zhivago

The cover looks like Ellen von Unwerth shot it, not someone of Sorrenti's talent. It looks very Glamour, nothing rich or beautiful or striking. For the record of some good closeup Marion covers -

StyleFrizz, Polyvore

11-07-2012
tfs star

This looks like an outtake from a Lancome shoot. The text layout is very amateurish and the fact that it's red makes it even worse.

11-07-2012
front row

That Sorrenti preview looks AMAZING! Cannot wait for this now!!

tfs star

the long ed looks promising!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2012, august, cotillard, mario, marion, paris, sorrenti, vogue