How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

10-07-2013
fashion elite

WTF

10-07-2013
V.I.P.

I really can't stand the nose piercing. It looks so out of place. It's such a cheap, easy and uninspired way to make it somehow 'punk' and supposedly suitable for a London themed issue. It reminds me in a way of the cover with an Eiffel tower pendant wearing Hilary Rhoda for the Augustus 2008 Paris themed issue.

The shadow around her face is hideous as well. It looks too photoshopped.

I do like the text heavy lay out and it's always a nice welcome to see a smiling Daria.

10-07-2013
V.I.P.

I like the contrast the text is creating, complementing detail to the picture. What I don't like is the nose ring and the coat/naked body combination. Quite blasé.

10-07-2013
fashion icon

I just wish she was ''taller'' - wish they moved her image more to the top, covering the logo completely.

10-07-2013
V.I.P.

This girl, next to Anja and Lily Donaldson have an anti-insomnia, anti-consumerism effect on me... I could quit the idea of ever purchasing a magazine again just for this.

V.I.P.

heavy on text for sure, but I like the cover and model!

V.I.P.

what??? this is Daria???

V.I.P.

This just isn't up to Vogue Paris caliber. Bad shot of Daria, we know she's much more beautiful than this! Too much text, bad styling and where's the rest of her outfit??

V.I.P.

The smile looks so fake! and though I think there´s too much text, I like it... the use of the font´s bold and the colors

10-07-2013
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by gossiping View Post
i like the text, the colour, daria

hate what she is wearing, hate this "london" idea...there's a reason i don't buy uk vogue its because it's boring
Well I presume the theme is about London not Vogue UK.

Plus I do not understand why everyone is talking about this like this is some sort of novel idea Alt conjured, a couple of years ago there was a Uk theme exactly along the same lines. It was a really solid issue, given the proximity of the two cities and the fact that tLondon is such an incredible creative hub, it will be really interesting to see what Vogue Paris will highlight this time.

10-07-2013
V.I.P.

I got really excited when I saw the thread title but after opening and seeing the cover, my excitement turned into disappointment. This is pure mess to be honest. I love Daria so much but they made her look awful. Her hair looks bad, the nose piercing is a little out of place and gosh, what's up with her smile? It doesn't look good or adorable or radiant, whatever. Plus the text layout is so Esquire-ish. Like it's really evident.

Hopefully the content will compensate the mess this cover has.

V.I.P.

It's the smile that ruins it! It's not that Daria has a horrendous smile, but I think a more captivating, strong stare would've worked with the nose piercing and RL jacket, imo.

V.I.P.

I dont understand Alt sometimes... This seems to be a very much British issue and why is Daria on the cover? Nothing aganst Daria I love her and especially, her worknfor VP but I am afraid this cover has to be an exception... It just looks awful...

10-07-2013
fashion elite

Thank god its not Kate Moss but Daria is almost just as bad at this point. Ugh VP really needs to break things up with the casting. Its beyond irritating and uninspired, now its becoming embarrassing and sad. Tragic. I'll stick to US Vogue atm.

tfs star

The nose piercing styling is really pointless. Overall the cover doesn't really stand out and the only thing I like about it the bright and optimistic smile from Daria. The Ralph Lauren jacket works well with the red/black color theme here, but they could've easily found some equally eligible pieces from certain British designers, which is a shame. I don't really mind the text overload, because I am curious as what's inside for this particular issue and great to see Kate and Vivienne's names involved.

Last edited by Jelavender; 10-07-2013 at 09:13 PM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2013, august, daria, david, paris, sims, vogue, werbowy