How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

18-11-2010
rising star

There is something wrong with her lips. She looks like that at 15? wow! I don't want to imagine her at 30!

18-11-2010
V.I.P.

It's everything I'd expect it to be. It's a pleasure to see an unexpected face, especially Daphne! The cover is terrific, I have no complaints.
I'm more interested in the 2011 calendar with Daria by Mikael Jansson. His work for Vogue Paris is always so luxe.

V.I.P.

I would've liked it so much better if I didn't know who the model was...

V.I.P.

It was only a matter of time that she'd get a cover after her appearances in VP..it is a very striking cover.

18-11-2010
fashion insider

Easily one of the most striking VP cover in some time, I'm not surprised at how much I love this, Vogue Paris never disappoints. Thrilled for Daphne, getting her first Vogue cover and on such a major publication. I'm assuming that Carine styled the cover?

old-fashioned

beautiful cover, very striking indeed
i also didn't think of lara stone when i saw it... lara is one of very few models i can call myself a fan of, but daphne looks perfect on it. tom also looks great, as usual, fortunately not transformed into a teenager by the airbrushing like in US Vogue...

V.I.P.

What a stunning cover! Daphne was the last girl on my mind to get the cover. But I'm happy for her! This is major!

18-11-2010
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by agee View Post
First Reaction: Good cover.

Second Reaction: Wasn't Lara just on the cover a couple of months ago?

Third Reaction: Oh that's that Daphne girl, good move on Carine, Tom and Co.'s part pairing an unexpected model with TF. Still it was probably a calculated risk, since Daphne's doppleganger Lara is a sellable face for the magazine.

Fourth Reaction: Shoot me but while I think the cover is good, I still prefer the intense eye contact between Tom and Karen and Tom and Stella in the US Vogue pictures. I dunno, maybe its a latent reaction to all of those lurking Baptiste pictures.
my thoughts exactly.

18-11-2010
V.I.P.

Quote:
Shoot me but while I think the cover is good, I still prefer the intense eye contact between Tom and Karen and Tom and Stella
Oh yes, definitely.

congratulations, nerds.

I'd like the cover a whole lot more, if Tom was clearly in the picture better (and not just for obvious reasons). Seeing as he's guest editing the issue, he should be more prominent, the way the cover is cropped doesn't look right at all.

In fact, the more I look at it, the more it looks like he is photo bombing Daphne's cover.

18-11-2010
V.I.P.

I think that there is a possibility that the picture of Tom and the picture of Daphne were taken at different times and in different hemispheres.

Last edited by agee; 18-11-2010 at 10:33 AM.
18-11-2010
V.I.P.

Brilliant. Just brilliant.
There are SO many things about this that I love First of all: the fact that Daphne's on it. The way she looks, the way she's styled, the way they both are not interacting with each other. Sounds weird, yes, but I think it wouldn't be as good if they were closer to each other or if Tom would be fully portrayed.
Second: the colours here are absolutely perfect! Very wintery and even kind of christmas-y but without the obvious red, white, green.
Third: well, I'm not used to something else from VP but the fact that there is almost zero text certainly adds some bonus-points aswell.

I hope the contents are equally strong but anyway, I NEED to get this!

Alluring

I'm quite surprised to see Daphne on the cover, but well, I love it anyway.

18-11-2010
tfs star

Any of those Vogue us eds with Tom are faaaaaar better than this, is just not working for me....but great for Daphne!!!

18-11-2010
V.I.P.

This is so gorgoeus. Daphne looks sensational and I'm happy she got the cover after the rumors how she lost out on it. Tom is a hot GQMF. Period.

And people need to get over the fact Daphne is ''too young'' and all the other chit chat or she doesn't deserve to be with Tom Ford on the cover? Please, that's still Tom Ford's decision whom he thinks is deserving. Get over it.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2010 or jan, 2011, daphne, dec, ford, groeneveld, marcus, mert, paris, tom, vogue