How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

18-11-2010
fashion insider

casting agents keep finding girls that have physical similarities to lara stone (ie. georgia may jagger, ashley smith), hence, daphne groenveld. that said, the cover is chic. the heavy make-up is what makes her look older, i seen someone mention that she looks too old to be 15. again, modeling is about transformation. i like that tom ford is on the cover, but in a mysterious way. furthermore, i applaud vogue paris for always allowing it to be about the models. (even if we get a little side shot of tom ford)

18-11-2010
V.I.P.

Quote:
casting agents keep finding girls that have physical similarities to lara stone (ie. georgia may jagger, ashley smith), hence, daphne groenveld.

i'd say brigitte bardot

V.I.P.

I hate when they leak covers so early and leave us waiting ages for the content...not funny.

Daphne is seriously wrong; the casting at Tom's show was 100% perfection and the VP team have to go and muck it up by putting this overrated troll on the cover...too bad it actually looks good but I agree that she is the anti-ethos of what Ford's designs embody.

18-11-2010
-- aGGravaTion de caS --

TOTALLY WONDERFUL!!!!!!! woooow

thunder perfect mind

beautiful cover

18-11-2010
French Chic

From what I've seen of her so far, I don't rate Daphne as a model at all, but this is a great cover and she looks decent on it. I didn't realise she was only 15 years old. But that's all regardless anyway I'm only really bloody interested in the contents and Ford's collection.

fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremydante View Post
casting agents keep finding girls that have physical similarities to lara stone (ie. georgia may jagger, ashley smith), hence, daphne groenveld. that said, the cover is chic. the heavy make-up is what makes her look older, i seen someone mention that she looks too old to be 15. again, modeling is about transformation. i like that tom ford is on the cover, but in a mysterious way. furthermore, i applaud vogue paris for always allowing it to be about the models. (even if we get a little side shot of tom ford)
The way she's styled in the cover may remind people of Lara, but I think the ways she looks bears no resemblance to Lara, contrary to the other girls you mention.

18-11-2010
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiercification View Post
I hate when they leak covers so early and leave us waiting ages for the content...not funny.

Daphne is seriously wrong; the casting at Tom's show was 100% perfection and the VP team have to go and muck it up by putting this overrated troll on the cover...too bad it actually looks good but I agree that she is the anti-ethos of what Ford's designs embody.
People keep saying that Daphne goes against Tom Fords design ethos. But apparently he likes her enough to have her on his cover, so who are we to argue with Mr. Ford?

18-11-2010
Amour Comme Hiver

RANT TIME:

Many on the forums are constantly deriding Anna Wintour for doing the same thing all the time (Caroline/Raquel/Sasha jumping around looking psycho in a studio, shot by Demarchlier or Meisel), but why doesn't that descriptor ever come up regarding the VP team? They've been stuck in this three or four model rut for ages; and if you aren't one of those models, you need to be styled to look like them. I will definitely concede that Vogue Paris KILLS US Vogue in terms of the variety of the actual fashion styling, but honestly- it's really not that much more unique in terms of covers/subjects/photographers.

That said... I'm looking forward to this issue. :p

18-11-2010
V.I.P.

I don't like this. It's just... Ugh, I don't know. Maybe I'm too much of Lara fan to appreciate this. Carine should have saved this picture of Daphne for a separate cover. Tom just looks so random at the side.

18-11-2010
backstage pass

I think it's lunacy to debate whether or not Daphne "deserved" the cover... she got it.

Furthermore no one says that because she's on the cover means that she's Mr. Ford's muse nor indicative of his ethos in fashion nor his aesthetic... it means he put her on the cover of a magazine he doesn't own.

By the way is she even WEARING Tom Ford? Doesn't look like anything I remember although I may be wrong... then again I can't think of any collection it does look like.

Maybe I'm just insane but I think this goes a little bit deeper than she looks like Lara Stone(which she sorta does). Oh and does anyone else think she looks like she got into her mothers makeup?

18-11-2010
V.I.P.

Well it would be a bit deeper than she looks like Lara Stone if they kept her eyes open en her eyebrows dark (just the way they are). They eyes, eyesbrows make Daphne unique (with her lips). this image screams to me Lara Stone.
I think that she had to pose this way maybe to cover up that she is just a girl?

18-11-2010
V.I.P.

Or it's just a cool pose?

18-11-2010
In Bloom

I just love it when magazines dress 15 year old girls like prostitutes.

we were in love

18-11-2010
Fat Karl

^^Ain't it the truth.

I'm sorry...but I just am so anti-Daphne. She is 15, and she looks it...no amount of make up can hide her physical immaturity. She does not need to be on magazine covers, let alone magazine covers where she's sexed up and provocative. And don't even get me started on the fact that she's representing the Tom Ford issue. Since when has Tom Ford's vision ever lent itself to a 15-year-old girl? I don't understand.

Last edited by dior_couture1245; 18-11-2010 at 02:10 PM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2010 or jan, 2011, daphne, dec, ford, groeneveld, marcus, mert, paris, tom, vogue