How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

18-11-2010
fashion icon

A beautiful cover!!!! The only thing that upsets me is that the model is 14 years old- thats a bit young to be on the cover of a magazine- it makes me question whether or not its right.

18-11-2010
Ère de ℳodernité

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIs View Post
That is breathtaking. I love absolutely everything about this cover. I never cared for Daphne but she looks sensational and I love how Tom Ford is seemingly in the background yet his presence is just as strong as Daphne's. Just a perfect balance.
You said it perfectly

I just can't wait to get this in the mail, I've been waiting for him to guest-edit an issue for ages. It will look glorious in print.

fashion icon

Is she really only 15? Why would they put her on the cover when they could pick someone much more womanly. What ever happened to the sexy Gucci girls of the 90s? I personally think someone like Carolyn Murphy would have been better suited for this cover.

18-11-2010
V.I.P.

this doesn't feel like Tom Ford's choice at all, I'd say it's more the choice of Carine and especially M&M. oh well.

18-11-2010
windowshopping

Is it a Fold-Out-Cover ?

Because then Tom Ford would be "dead-center", with her sort of in front. It would be more dramatic and the focus would be on Ford (the guest editor).

I would really prefer that to the half cut off version.

18-11-2010
V.I.P.

Quote:
I'd say it's more the choice of Carine and especially M&M.
My thought exactly.

scenester

I love Daphne and I truly love this cover. It's great to see a newcomer on the cover as opposed to the usual VP cover girls.
I'm interested to see what the eds look like.

backstage pass

I really don't care about Daphnes age, because she looks amazing and this is a great cover...and i know the content will be fantastic

18-11-2010
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empress Merel View Post
Or it's just a cool pose?
It's quite a easy pose to do for a topmodel.

18-11-2010
When in doubt, wear red.

Daphne being on te cover is so unexpected, but the result is truly fantastic
The make-up is sensational, and she totally owns the dramatic pose.
I love the red excess, really eye-catching but not aggressive.
Finaly, I find the idea of putting Tom Ford in the background very clever: First because even if he's in the dim light, his presence is really intense. Secondly, the shot seems to be a literal interpretation of The Man behind the woman, the dress or the glamour. Eventually, I also think Carine may wanted to show, that Tom presence was still present in the darkness of Fashion, during his abscence, and now he is finally back!!!

Even though I looove the cover , I wish we could see more of Tom 'cause he looks seriously sexy here.

Last edited by Wolkfolk; 18-11-2010 at 02:29 PM.
18-11-2010
V.I.P.

^^
I recall you talking about disguising her age. Not if the pose is easy. And a pose doesn't have to be difficult in order to translate onto a picture.

But never mind, I don't want this to be turning into a discussion thread, but people need to get over the fact that she's 15. It's not like she's the first model to hit the big so younh? Doubt it and I'm not even huge on Daphne.

Rant over, excuse me.

I do think she looks amazing. If Carine loves her, let her love her. It's a relavitely new face for VP. That's good.

18-11-2010
tfs star

I love this! It's so odd which makes it stand out even more!! Plus Daphene looks incredible.

18-11-2010
!

even daphne's gigantic suction cup lips can't conceal Tom's ego.this issue is gonna be either really good or really awful.

18-11-2010
trendsetter

the cover is striking , Daphne looks gorgeous, and the whole age thing is just ridiculous at this point.

could the cover be a fold out, i don't know i looked at the image many times, seems like Tom Ford's face is cut just at the middle, Daphne on his right shoulder and another model on the left, maybe i'm imagining things.....
what do you think....

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empress Merel View Post
^^
I recall you talking about disguising her age. Not if the pose is easy. And a pose doesn't have to be difficult in order to translate onto a picture.

But never mind, I don't want this to be turning into a discussion thread, but people need to get over the fact that she's 15. It's not like she's the first model to hit the big so younh? Doubt it and I'm not even huge on Daphne.

Rant over, excuse me.

I do think she looks amazing. If Carine loves her, let her love her. It's a relavitely new face for VP. That's good.
I've never said she was to young for the cover. I said it cause I think it's a shame to cover up such a unique face.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2010 or jan, 2011, daphne, dec, ford, groeneveld, marcus, mert, paris, tom, vogue