Vogue Paris December 2017/January 2018 : Rihanna - Page 4 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

2 Weeks Ago
trendsetter

I like the I&V cover, but Iím so tired of her already.

2 Weeks Ago
fashion insider

Gotta love all the bitter, Rihanna-haters on here. Haha. Woman is slaying the game once again, I mean it's pretty damn amazing how she keeps getting cover after cover. She has more Vogue covers compared to most high-fashion models.

And ofcourse, you do not have to like her or her music, but saying 'she is only doing it for the money' is a pretty stupid comment to make. You ever heard about all her charity work and her foundation? She is one of the hardest working women in the business, came from nowhere and has become one of the most successfull women in music and fashion. She is a smart businesswomen and have a lot of respect for her.

2 Weeks Ago
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Piece Of Me] View Post
Gotta love all the bitter, Rihanna-haters on here. Haha. Woman is slaying the game once again, I mean it's pretty damn amazing how she keeps getting cover after cover. She has more Vogue covers compared to most high-fashion models.

And ofcourse, you do not have to like her or her music, but saying 'she is only doing it for the money' is a pretty stupid comment to make. You ever heard about all her charity work and her foundation? She is one of the hardest working women in the business, came from nowhere and has become one of the most successfull women in music and fashion. She is a smart businesswomen and have a lot of respect for her.
I'm sorry but you have a typical fan reaction. Nobody is judging or diminishing her accomplishments or her success. We are judging a cover, simple as that. We are not going to stop judging someone on the cover of a magazine just for the fear of being labelled as a hater. No it's not about hate.

I love Rihanna, i'm happy for her but this cover is a business move. She is a businesswoman and she is doing business. The bad thing about it is that it's so obvious. It's Christmas season, she has make-up to sell and luckily (thanks to her business-savy mind), she is attached to the biggest conglomerate of the industry.

And on the low, she will help VP selling more issues because this year wasn't that great.

Should we be happy that a celebrity (no matter how much we love her) gets more cover than a model? I'm not sure.
I would love for a black model to have that much opportunity...

Do we still have the right to criticize the overexposure of someone without being labelled as a hater?

Last edited by Lola701; 2 Weeks Ago at 09:43 AM.
2 Weeks Ago
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola701 View Post
I'm sorry but you have a typical fan reaction. Nobody is judging or diminishing her accomplishments or her success. We are judging a cover, simple as that. We are not going to stop judging someone on the cover of a magazine just for the fear of being labelled as a hater. No it's not about hate.

I love Rihanna, i'm happy for her but this cover is a business move. She is a businesswoman and she is doing business. The bad thing about it is that it's so obvious. It's Christmas season, she has make-up to sell and luckily (thanks to her business-savy mind), she is attached to the biggest conglomerate of the industry.

And on the low, she will help VP selling more issues because this year wasn't that great.

Should we be happy that a celebrity (no matter how much we love her) gets more cover than a model? I'm not sure.
I would love for a black model to have that much opportunity...

Do we still have the right to criticize the overexposure of someone without being labelled as a hater?
Nope and I was most definitely not talking about your, or some others, constructive comments. I was refering to some of the other comments like 'she only does it for the money' or 'the have a natural aeversion to people like Rihanna'.

You can certainly say you don't like a cover, most definitely. And nobody should like everything someone does, I mean I love Rihanna but will be the first one to say if I don't like something from her. Be it music, a cover or something else (and believe me, I have done it loads). It's just sad to see some people dissing a successfull women without any reason. Like I said, you don't have to like her, ofcourse not. But everyone can see how well she is doing. I don't like Taylor Swift, at all, but will always say how incredibly well she is doing for herself.

And yes, I would love to see more black models, or women, in general getting this kind of exposure. But I do think Rihanna is an incredible model herself and photographs a lot better than most of the 16 year old girls we see on covers these days. And it is amazing to see a woman, a black woman, in this case get so much exposure and opportunities. Sadly, it is still rare.

2 Weeks Ago
don't look down

If I don't want to purchase a magazine on sale in a store because I don't find it appealing, that's a consumer decision rather than a personal insult.

2 Weeks Ago
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Les_Sucettes View Post
Jesus Christ, is she cool? Itís at times like this i feel really old, in my neck of the woods you would lose your reputation if you listened to whatever was the equivalent of Rihanna at the time . No one worth knowing at school would listen to the type of **** she makes. I was brainwashed to have a natural aversion to the Rihannas of this world.😁
Yes, she's definitively viewed by pretty much the entire general public (at least here in North America) as not just cool, but the coolest.

trendsetter

people, magazines are business and if Rihanna helps VP to sell more copies of course they are gonna do an alliance with her....
i get that we love and respect fashion and magazines but reality its that everything has changed, specially now that magazines are trying to survive.
Let's thank VP is not doing this kind of alliances more often like others edition of Vogue.

Regarding the covers, her image was so overused that im not amuse by that covers,but i guess the jean Paul Goude is cute...

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by happycanadian View Post
Yes, she's definitively viewed by pretty much the entire general public (at least here in North America) as not just cool, but the coolest.
A very bold statement you're making there. Maybe 'the entire North American general public' should save their dollars and actually go out and buy her much rumoured US Vogue cover, because they certainly didn't the last time she got it. Likes and shares won't keep magazines alive.

2 Weeks Ago
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xone View Post
people, magazines are business and if Rihanna helps VP to sell more copies of course they are gonna do an alliance with her....
i get that we love and respect fashion and magazines but reality its that everything has changed, specially now that magazines are trying to survive.
Let's thank VP is not doing this kind of alliances more often like others edition of Vogue.

Regarding the covers, her image was so overused that im not amuse by that covers,but i guess the jean Paul Goude is cute...
No one is really complaining about her on the cover. Itís the quality of them. A beautiful cover would also help sell a magazine but who knows maybe thatís just me.

2 Weeks Ago
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.D.C. View Post
No one is really complaining about her on the cover. Itís the quality of them. A beautiful cover would also help sell a magazine but who knows maybe thatís just me.
well, i read some comments about it...."her again?" "why not a model",etc....that was my comment referring to.

Of course a beautiful cover helps to sell magazines too but maybe not much as with her.

i'm not defending VP's choice, i would prefer a model over a celebrity anytime....

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benn98 View Post
A very bold statement you're making there. Maybe 'the entire North American general public' should save their dollars and actually go out and buy her much rumoured US Vogue cover, because they certainly didn't the last time she got it. Likes and shares won't keep magazines alive.
Also let's not forget that even when she was on the "sure to sell" issue like the March one, it turned out to be the worst selling Power issue in US Vogue's last 15 years! And her first two covers were also worst, or second worst sellers of the year. So some members in this forum trying to present her as this ultimate force at the newsstands is just false!

Her fame gives her a pass at horrible results with magazine sales, because Wintour.etc obviously still get global PR over having her on the cover. That said, i like her, i think she is smart, beautiful, has fun with fashion, and is good at what she does, fashion or music. I will buy this issue gladly, but i do think she and her team are overdoing it, and at one point the tide might turn against her, and she will have no one else to blame. The "she will always be susccessful, and famous" argument is astounding to me, and such a fan fantasy!

2 Weeks Ago
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by happycanadian View Post
Yikes!

Besides the fact i think sheís a pretty woman, hate her music, hate her style and couldnít care a jot about what she has to say, so unless Alt provided a stunning cover on a purely visual level, i will never spend a cent on her brand. They could put her 20 times on the cover, it wouldnít bother me, sheís harmless enough, it would just be 20 times i would not buy a magazine. I find it funny that a lot of people presume that absolutely everyone measures success by popularity and money, and are really surprised when they find out that for some people they are not indicators of any particular talent. I can clearly see that Rihanna, Taylor Swift, Beyonce, Katy Perry etc etc, are rich and have a wide audience, and...?

2 Weeks Ago
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Dalloway View Post
Also let's not forget that even when she was on the "sure to sell" issue like the March one, it turned out to be the worst selling Power issue in US Vogue's last 15 years! And her first two covers were also worst, or second worst sellers of the year. So some members in this forum trying to present her as this ultimate force at the newsstands is just false!

Her fame gives her a pass at horrible results with magazine sales, because Wintour.etc obviously still get global PR over having her on the cover. That said, i like her, i think she is smart, beautiful, has fun with fashion, and is good at what she does, fashion or music. I will buy this issue gladly, but i do think she and her team are overdoing it, and at one point the tide might turn against her, and she will have no one else to blame. The "she will always be susccessful, and famous" argument is astounding to me, and such a fan fantasy!
Whatís astounding is that you believe itís a ďfan fantasy.Ē Sheís a vet, sheís done this for 12 years now. She didnít just have a few hot songs with The Chainsmokers and disappear lol

2 Weeks Ago
front row

Haters are really trying to get me kicked off this forum, keep talkin ish on God

2 Weeks Ago
trendsetter

Wow... I did not know Rihanna was so polarized. I cant with the snobs comments...

Nice choice of subject, not that great outcome. Iīll wait for the content to judge!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2017, 2017 or january, 2018, december, december or january, guestedited, january, juergen, paris, photographers, rihanna, teller, vogue