How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

01-12-2011
V.I.P.

sasha looks gorgeous as always and i like some of the pictures, but i feel like it's all been done before. didn't sasha have an ed with terry last issue? arizona looks awful in her ed but i really like that last shot.

01-12-2011
you soft and only

Despite my better judgement, I actually don't mind those two editorials, especially Sasha's.

01-12-2011
V.I.P.

I like Sasha's editorial and I love Arizona's. For once her looking edgy doesn't seem all that contrived. She looks amazing and really cool. I also love the 3-D kind of effect in the ed.

The cover is terrible and I'm almost glad there isn't an editorial with Kate with the same theme

01-12-2011
backstage pass

Call me crazy but that cover is actually Alt's best one so far.

01-12-2011
front row

LIVE FOR THE COVER!
rest sucks

01-12-2011
V.I.P.

The reason I still buy VP is the photographers. But, oh, please don't work Alt.. You ruin everything.
These are nothing but an obvious taste of Alt's and I've seen it a million times. What would you do with your limited taste with the limited number of models?

01-12-2011
rising star

same old same old striking cover though.

01-12-2011
backstage pass

Here's one thing I don't understand. Before ALT took over she stated that she wouldn't style more than 1 ed per issue so that she could focus on serving as EIC and yet it seems she can't let go of the styling gig. Why else would she style 4 freakin editorials.

01-12-2011
fashion elite

I love this two eds!! The Sasha one is a really typical outdoor Terry shoot but i like the location...i find it cool!!
Arizonaīs ed is so so stuning..i really love it! Its fresh but with a twist...

01-12-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee MG Tisci View Post
i totally agree! that UK cover is just regular Kate with a Bowie thing photoshoped in her face..

this VP cover is very striking, i like the colors and lighting and i don't think Kate is overphotoshoped like some have said, it's the effect of the bleached eyebrows.. but the best of the cover and what really makes it work is Kate's expression, such a strong stare!

also it's hard to understand for me how Karlie's VI cover got so much love while this is getting so much hate
very simple - Karlie looks beautiful and gorgeous, and Kate (and I really really hate saying this) looks ugly on the cover.

01-12-2011
clever ain't wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by liberty33r1b View Post
very simple - Karlie looks beautiful and gorgeous, and Kate (and I really really hate saying this) looks ugly on the cover.
Interestingly, I think the absolute reverse. This is the ultimate Christmas cover. Kate as Bowie, far better and less obvious than the UK Vogue Bowie cover from a few years back, can only be a great thing. Here she is channeling his less well known Japanese Ziggy session - but instead of B/W as the original, she is swathed in red and green - subtly referring to Christmas trees - with plenty of contrasts. And like bowie has different sized pupils, Kate has one side of her face in the shadows and one in light (which gives the same effect).

Most important, though, is the way the light falls as to enhance her unique cheekbones. I don't think anyone has shown that on a cover quite in this way before. The light and dark of Kate. Her two facets - the slightly sinister wood nymph and the rock chick....

01-12-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvjeisa View Post
This is the ultimate Christmas cover. Kate as Bowie, far better and less obvious than the UK Vogue Bowie cover from a few years back, can only be a great thing. Here she is channeling his less well known Japanese Ziggy session - but instead of B/W as the original, she is swathed in red and green - subtly referring to Christmas trees - with plenty of contrasts. And like bowie has different sized pupils, Kate has one side of her face in the shadows and one in light (which gives the same effect).

Most important, though, is the way the light falls as to enhance her unique cheekbones. I don't think anyone has shown that on a cover quite in this way before. The light and dark of Kate. Her two facets - the slightly sinister wood nymph and the rock chick....
Very well said.

V.I.P.

bluh... really dissapointing...

01-12-2011
rising star

Shame that there isn't an editorial with Kate.

01-12-2011
rising star

love it!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
1112, december, january, kate, marcus, mert, moss, paris, vogue