How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

30-11-2011
tfs star

I'm soo disapointed!
Where's the sex, sensuality, the french allure, the opulence, where's the rich and refreshing eds & contents! Too bad.... I'm starting to slowly let go of Vogue Paris.

30-11-2011
V.I.P.

Interesting there is no Moss inside, but i seriously doubt its because they dont have the money. But that review reads so hard, nothing that grabs you or makes you want to actually see it!

30-11-2011
fashion icon

I'm curious to see Karmen's editorial.

30-11-2011
French Chic

Seeing it's the Music issue the homage to Bowie is very impressive and Kate does this with style. Unfortunately it's been done to death......and with Kate before as shown in this thread, so for that reason I find it an extremely boring and sloppy choice. Disappointed.

tfs star

What a disappointing way for Alt to conclude the year.

30-11-2011
Ère de ℳodernité

Damn, that issue sounds bad. I can't believe this woman is killing that magazine in such a little time. Such a shame.

30-11-2011
V.I.P.

I think Jasmine Tookes should be the UNK girl in the Cadeux ed ASF...was hoping Alt would be decent enough to put her in a proper ed but obviously she has had no development in taste department, same overused models like usual in main eds.

Last edited by Fiercification; 30-11-2011 at 02:03 PM.
30-11-2011
V.I.P.

review sounds disappointing to be honest, I really don't need to see Arizona and Raquel again in vogue......

30-11-2011
tfs star

I feel like this section on tfs is always so negative now.. Every cover posted is followed by.. This is so bad so ugly soterrible editors should all resign noone is ever buyi g the magazine again, before Roitfield left, it was always.. I'm sobored by her, she should leave .. Now everyone is missing her.. Frankly I'm bored by the hyper criticality of in the most part a bunch of high schoolers who have yet to have a job!
When I saw this cover,iwas like WOW!! This is really showing upKarlie who is really pushing for thenumber 1 slot what a real iconic model is!!
Karlie is obviouly ambitious and well liked in the industry, but kates pictures are just special beautiful iconic.. They look effortless.. This cover blows other model covers away.. When I saw it , it brought home to me how much amazing abilityas a model is so rare.. Kate showsthe other models up as this is such a wonderful cover, to see all automatic offhand comments totally dismissing the ability of everyone involvedin producing this makes me ashamed of tfs

clever ain't wise

This is a gorgeous cover. Difficult to pull off. And Kate...

30-11-2011
Some Like It Hot

Nothing beats Kate's UK Vogue Bowie cover and it does disappoint me that they tried to re-hash the Bowie thing with Kate but i seriously don't get what everyone is moaning for, the cover isn't that bad, i guess its not mediocre glamorous crap that everyone expects, No one was ever pleased when Carine was at VP and now Emmanuelle tries something alittle different and still no ones satisfied .

Some Like It Hot

Quote:
Originally Posted by wednesdays child View Post
I feel like this section on tfs is always so negative now.. Every cover posted is followed by.. This is so bad so ugly soterrible editors should all resign noone is ever buyi g the magazine again, before Roitfield left, it was always.. I'm sobored by her, she should leave .. Now everyone is missing her.. Frankly I'm bored by the hyper criticality of in the most part a bunch of high schoolers who have yet to have a job!
When I saw this cover,iwas like WOW!! This is really showing upKarlie who is really pushing for thenumber 1 slot what a real iconic model is!!
Karlie is obviouly ambitious and well liked in the industry, but kates pictures are just special beautiful iconic.. They look effortless.. This cover blows other model covers away.. When I saw it , it brought home to me how much amazing abilityas a model is so rare.. Kate showsthe other models up as this is such a wonderful cover, to see all automatic offhand comments totally dismissing the ability of everyone involvedin producing this makes me ashamed of tfs
Exactly!!!

V.I.P.

I can only speak for myself, and would like to say i don't want Carine back, and did not enjoy her last few years at VP! But she had a point of view that so far Alt is lacking, while i have enjoyed most covers, the content has been sub par, imho.

30-11-2011
fashion icon

At first I thought this was MCB, but overall I really like this cover

I haven't been impressed by Alt's VP, but the only issue I bought was in October with Sasha P on the cover, which I enjoyed.

Last edited by valliaddict; 30-11-2011 at 02:47 PM.
30-11-2011
backstage pass

It appears she's been photo shopped so excessively that she looks like a wax figure from Madame Tussauds. Kate is probably the last great model from the 90s. They really don't have to do that kind of treatment to her face.

I like the music reference of the cover, but, why didn't they take it further and do the strange make-up and costume like Bowie wore for the Ziggy character?
The hair alone looks half done.

Ziggy for reference:

pics from blogue.us

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
1112, december, january, kate, marcus, mert, moss, paris, vogue