How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

30-11-2011
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanelcouture09 View Post
No one was ever pleased when Carine was at VP and now Emmanuelle tries something alittle different and still no ones satisfied .

This.

I totally agree with wednesdays child too. I completely understand that not everyone will like this or that, it's just the way some people put it, all drama-queen style Not only in this section but in the collections too, the sentences "this is the worst thing I've ever seen", "this is the end of X", "this is the decline of" etc..are used so many times they've become meaningless by now.

30-11-2011
V.I.P.

better quality

vogue paris facebook

30-11-2011
fashion icon

I'm not surprised by the musical theme of this issue. It totally reflects Emmanuelle Alt's love of music. I like that she's combining rock & roll with fashion.

30-11-2011
V.I.P.

This is not Kate's best photo but I think is a eyecatching cover, I like it.

Same haters all the time, like in other threads! So funny

30-11-2011
Alluring

Um, not the most original idea for the cover, and even less for Vogue Paris, I guess.

So far I'm glad to see Kendra and Aline have an editorial inside.

30-11-2011
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by wednesdays child View Post
I feel like this section on tfs is always so negative now.. Every cover posted is followed by.. This is so bad so ugly soterrible editors should all resign noone is ever buyi g the magazine again, before Roitfield left, it was always.. I'm sobored by her, she should leave .. Now everyone is missing her.. Frankly I'm bored by the hyper criticality of in the most part a bunch of high schoolers who have yet to have a job!
When I saw this cover,iwas like WOW!! This is really showing upKarlie who is really pushing for thenumber 1 slot what a real iconic model is!!
Karlie is obviouly ambitious and well liked in the industry, but kates pictures are just special beautiful iconic.. They look effortless.. This cover blows other model covers away.. When I saw it , it brought home to me how much amazing abilityas a model is so rare.. Kate showsthe other models up as this is such a wonderful cover, to see all automatic offhand comments totally dismissing the ability of everyone involvedin producing this makes me ashamed of tfs
Ashamed because people have a different opinion than yours?!

Although i also do not understand the negativity in this VP threads, I'm a big fan of Alt, and i the only thing i can say is that at worse her work has been a bit uneven, I'm of the the opinion this cover is abysmally bad. So there you have it, not only the militant haters are criticising this. All opinions are valid. At the end of the day is the public that decides the fates of a magazine, if too many people are not digging into their pockets to buy VP, regardless of why they do it, something is wrong.

30-11-2011
backstage pass

I don't know what some people in this thread were expecting, how daring did people want the cover to be? Alt is the editor-in-chief. Deal with it. I have. Its like some can't wait to sprout their negativity in this section on tfs, I know we are all entitled to opinions but come on, is it really necessary for the same people to be saying the editors should resign time and time again? Give it time.

Cover wise, I agree Kate has been excessively photo shopped to death, it's not a bad cover though and I also think they could have perhaps went further with it in terms of make-up using the Ziggy references.

30-11-2011
don't look down

I'm intrigued by the cover, and while I was about to complain about the lack of a guest editor, I remembered that JJB used to produce specials for the Jan-Feb issue, and I often enjoyed those, especially that science issue with Audrey Marnay.

V.I.P.

That could be Mariacarla or Kate and I wouldn't be that struck. I dislike the concept and photography, yet I'm usually a one for Mert & Marcus. There seems to be something lacking in the composition.

As usual I'm enthusiastic to see the content. Made in USA is sensational, which is Theo Wenner's debut, and a good one at that.

.my prison is your brain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wednesdays child View Post
I feel like this section on tfs is always so negative now.. Every cover posted is followed by.. This is so bad so ugly soterrible editors should all resign noone is ever buyi g the magazine
I strongly disagree with this. There is plenty of raving and gushing over how fabulous issues are as well.

Yes, Vogue Paris having a newer editor and higher expectations due to its rich history puts it under the microscope more than most magazines -- but I also think tFS members are, by and large, an intelligent group who judge quality and content for what it is without bias.

30-11-2011
front row

Seeing Ciara's name written just above Lou Reed's make my eyes bleed. More seriously, I think the cover is alright even if the Moss/Bowie thing has been done before. Nothing great though and it's kind of sad for me to realize I'm not that interested in Vogue Paris anymore. I just loved what Carine was bringing to this magazine too much.

Last edited by GinAndTonic; 30-11-2011 at 04:05 PM.
30-11-2011
backstage pass

I really love the cover! It's way better than her May cover. I think it's creative, intriguing, and above all very high fashion. I can't wait to get this!

30-11-2011
V.I.P.

when can we expect the reviews?

V.I.P.

I have to say that whilst this is not one of Vogue Paris' best covers, I do admire their attempt to offer something a little different. This is striking and it catches ones attention. What more could you want from a magazine? Also, this is refreshing compared to the multitude of fashion magazines and their hyper commercial approach. I'm sure the contents will be great.

I also expect to see a lot of Balmain Fall 2011 in this editorial; its so expected with the David Bowie reference!

30-11-2011
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by alonsoJonathan View Post
when can we expect the reviews?
it was already posted a few pages back

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
1112, december, january, kate, marcus, mert, moss, paris, vogue