How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

25-11-2012
fashion icon

not very exciting indeed...it looks like an outtake from the previous issue

25-11-2012
fashion insider

I've realized the background of March, September, November and December/January covers is gray, and the famous anecdote about the US Vogue offices' decor change when Grace replaced Diana came to my mind... It's said Vreeland had a colorful and vivid decoration, and when Grace took over her, she changed it all for different shades of gray... It's kind of a metaphor of Vogue Paris current state.

Last edited by Creative; 25-11-2012 at 07:27 AM.
25-11-2012
fashion icon

I'm not into her much, but it's a beautiful cover.

25-11-2012
V.I.P.

Beautiful cover. Somehow it's both a bit retro and somewhat modern looking. Very nice. Alt has redeemed herself somewhat after the last couple of stinkers - especially that Kate/George Michael one.

V.I.P.

while I really welcome seeing her on the cover I feel they could have done so much with her, it's just very unimaginative and dull to look at (especially after the last cover which practically looked the same)

25-11-2012
tfs star

a nice surprise for the cover star, I love Carla but I can't help to notice that this cover is just plain boring and bland. It looks like an outtake shot from the last issue's cover shot. Terribly boring and too plain.

25-11-2012
trendsetter

what a disappointment

25-11-2012
clever ain't wise

She is beautiful and charismatic - and it still works on a cover....

25-11-2012
V.I.P.

Carla is beautiful and a great choice for a cover but I feel like they could've done much better.

25-11-2012
tfs star

I like it! Not bad

V.I.P.

Such a nice surprise to see Carla! And it's a beautiful close-up shot, too.

front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creative View Post
I've realized the background of March, September, November and December/January covers is gray, and the famous anecdote about the US Vogue offices' decor change when Grace replaced Diana came to my mind... It's said Vreeland had a colorful and vivid decoration, and when Grace took over her, she changed it all for different shades of gray... It's kind of a metaphor of Vogue Paris current state.
Actually, Mirabella changed the office she was in to beige, not gray, and her time at Vogue was called the 'beige years'. And I think that's a pretty harsh statement, considering I'm sure Alt's circulation has been improving, or advertisers are happy, if she's still at the helm - Condé don't mess around.

Back on topic - I think this is an amazing cover. Carla was always in the fashion world's eye when Sarkozy was at the helm of France, and from what I recall some French friends telling me, she's still very respected. Maybe someone from France here will disagree!

The shot is beautiful, and yes, whilst denim is on the cover for a second month in a row, there's something very casual about it - I suppose it must reflect Carla's life now that she's no longer on the arm of a political man in the public eye. I think her eyes and cheekbones look amazing, and it's really excited me that she's guest edited the issue - makes me wish I could read French, considering I'm sure there'd be some amazing written features!!

Can't wait to see the previews of the other editorials as well!

fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohmycolin View Post
Actually, Mirabella changed the office she was in to beige, not gray, and her time at Vogue was called the 'beige years'. And I think that's a pretty harsh statement, considering I'm sure Alt's circulation has been improving, or advertisers are happy, if she's still at the helm - Condé don't mess around.
Definitely... But the covers are gray and the concept is the same. I'll refer to Alt's time at Vogue Paris as the "gray years" from now on.

I don't really care about sales, about advertisers, about Condé Nast... I just want to see beautiful images with a soul. This doesn't have a soul, not matter how much it will sell.

25-11-2012
rising star

Don´t really care for Carla the model, but love her as a singer. Is she promoting new material? Can´t wait to see what they came up with for the contents.

25-11-2012
trendsetter

I actually really like the cover -it's very simple.
The focus is on her gorgeous face (other styling could work as well) and text is minimal.
To me, it's always the face that sells the magazine, never the text overload - I only read it when I'm already at home and the magazine is already bought.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
1213, bruni, carla, december, january, marcus, mert, paris, sarkozy, vogue