How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

30-11-2009
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lackuiew View Post
it's just NAUSEATING !!
Well, Take something for your stomach and your bad temper too! Then go to bed and wait for the February issue!

Other than that...

Love, love Laetitia but hate, hate the cover. I do not have the issue yet so i do not know what exactly is the role of Laetitia, but i don't think she is a
"model guest-editor" but "actress guest-editor". Impatient to see how it looks like "in real"

30-11-2009
fashion insider

This is the kind of issue that makes me think I'll like it so much more when I get it in person.
Thanks _rumc_, tarsha, and elsaskywalker!

30-11-2009
V.I.P.

this looks great can't wait to see it in hq, the calendar is simply stunning

Last edited by ForChicSake; 30-11-2009 at 06:57 AM.
30-11-2009
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchkiki View Post
Well, Take something for your stomach and your bad temper too! Then go to bed and wait for the February issue!
if you have nothing to do..go hug some tree instead...im just disappointed...

you love Laetitia..fine !!! but u cant stop people complaining..Remember !! it's not her exclusive fan club !!

30-11-2009
front row

I love Laetitia but I am not a stupid fan that think that everything she is going is great (I hate her movies with a passion!) U can complain about the issue, no problem, but why so much "over bad reaction" Just because it's her? And i am not talking only about your reaction Lackuiew.

30-11-2009
starving hysterical naked

what the hell is that cover?! i was pretty sure Laetitia would be on the cover and i was very enthusiastic about that, but i was expecting a better cover.. i hate the styling and the colors... and actually i can't stand the fact that VP december issues are always dedicated to one and only one model/celebrity. i'd rather see a various choice of models for the eds. about the calendar, i'm very disappointed too.. the cast is breathtaking but there's something about the colors which bothers me... anyway, thanks for posting elsa

V.I.P.

Cover is disappointing, nothing striking about it, I think it's because of the dark colors.
Calendar looks good though, great cast, especially Iselin.

30-11-2009
Mr. Zhivago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lackuiew View Post
let me clear for you....you think you are the only one who saw a Dec/Jan issue ?? Please dont make me laugh

And being a guest editor doesnt mean an arrogant solo show ..Not a single guest editor put himself/herself in almost every ed...it's just NAUSEATING !!
I'm sure you wouldn't be complaining if it was your favorite model.

30-11-2009
trendsetter

Yes!!! It is FINALLY here!

The cover is not bad, just not what I was expecting for the holiday issue. The hyper-eroticism and dim lighting remind me a bit of Scarlett's cover from April. Still, Laetitia works it. Her gaze is both sexy and frightening at the same time. I don't know whether to be excited to open the magazine or to proceed with caution ! Also, I do love the big "Viva Casta" lettering. It blends so well with everything else.

Lara's edit, in my opinion, is the best thing so far about this issue! I always adore Carine's mini jewelry edits and this one is just as fantastic as ones I have seen previously. The whole sensuous nun wearing diamonds concept is just fabulous! It's like "The Flying Nun" meets Marilyn Monroe! Someone had mentioned that the edit was inspired by the character of Lucy in Dracula. Is that really true? Does it say that in the intro paragraph to the editorial? I am just curious because I could not read the text !

The calendar is interesting, but I think the one from last year was much more appealing. I find the blurred focus too repetitive. It's just 12 pages of shininess! Lady Gaga's influence is evident here, which I don't mind at all. I just wish they would have taken the concept a bit further. Maybe it will look a lot better in person than it does on the screen, though, which is what usually happens !

I can't wait to see Laetitia's edits! Judging from the cover, we are in store for LOTS of sex, which is never bad ! Also, I am VERY excited to see the Pedro Almodovar collaboration. He is one of my favorite directors and his crazy, whacky ideas never cease to amaze me! The Yves Saint Laurent edit sounds fantastic as well! It is only appropriate that Laetitia model in an editorial homage to him, as she was one of his muses. I am not at all irked that Laetitia appears in a majority of the editorials, as she is the guest editor and also a model herself. Honestly, if I were the guest editor, I would cast myself in most of the editorials as well !

All in all, this is a pretty good holiday issue thus far. Not my favorite compared to previous guest-edited issues, but still very good. Apparently, it is not the anniversary issue, so I guess we will have to wait until February to see that ! In a way, I am thankful that this is not the anniversary issue, as it would have been too much to combine both ideas into one single issue. Now the anniversary issue can be one special issue, instead of being lumped in with the holiday issue. At least we have something to look forward to !

Thanks SOOOOO much to everyone who has posted images! It means so much to me as I have been so patiently anticipating this issue!

Last edited by vavavinny; 30-11-2009 at 07:48 AM.
30-11-2009
V.I.P.

I simply love this cover, its unexpected for VP, but i dont think its too VI at all. I have never ever liked Casta as a model, none of her print work ever thrills me, but this cover is superb. Stones ed looks promising from the preview snaps, thanks so much to everyone who posted.

30-11-2009
V.I.P.

Agree to everyone who says that cover looks like Vogue Italia.

Also review sounds disappointing. Looking forward to see editorials though, especially Lara's ( I mean in HQ, it looks promising).
Calendar is fierce , amazing.
I don't think it an anniversary issue, because if it was IMO they wouldn't give anyone to edit the issue.
I'll buy this because it's Vogue Paris, if it was any other Vogue I wouldn't spend money in it.

Thanks elsaskywalker.

P.S. Carine definitely loves Lara, she is in almost every issue.

Last edited by tarsha; 30-11-2009 at 07:59 AM.
30-11-2009
Unveil Yourself....

Oh yes the calendar! Please be included on Dutch newsstands Want want want!

If it's not, I won't pick this up...don't really care about the cover and I am not a huge Laetitia fan so...Lara's ed looks ok and is that really not Rose Cordero in the contents page? It's not another blackface affair is it

twitter.com/ErikP87
30-11-2009
!

the calendar looks glorious. especially Iselin,just wow!

30-11-2009
-- aGGravaTion de caS --

^Yes it's Rose!
Feel really happy to see her in this issue, a new face is always nice!

Unveil Yourself....

^Excellent indeed

twitter.com/ErikP87
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2010, alas, casta, december, january, laetitia, marcus, mert, paris, piggott, vogue