How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

21-01-2005
tailored

Gemma on the cover of Feb. French Vogue:

21-01-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimair
she looks so vulgar.

memoirs of a...

I like that Gemma cover! Thanks for posting.

21-01-2005
tfs star

gemme
that is a sexy & alluring gemma cover. its very european & very paris vogue. gemma is marvelous and that is hot.

melania on the cover of us vogue is abhorrent, an abomination of a once great & essential magzine. anyone who knows the glorious history of vogue magzine has got to be mortified at what anna wintour has done & I cannot grasp why SI Newhouse turns a blind eye.

21-01-2005
███████████████

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimair

Who is the photographer do you know? thanks in advance

21-01-2005
V.I.P.

This is in repy to the post of Gemma on the cover of French Vogue. Am I the only one whe sees a 16 year old who seems to be flat chested being portrayed to look like she can't wait to climb in bed with you? Is there something wrong with this picture?

21-01-2005
tfs star

gemma in paris & wintour a mar a lago
gemma is among the elite 3 or 4 models working in 2005. she can do no wrong to me.

that's an excellent paris vogue cover. I laud the photographer, art director, typographer & editor.

our own impoverished frumpy wintour vogue is stilted sexless and useless.
wintour's catering to melania & trump is stomach turning & the contents have never been so transparently designed for an agenda of advertising accounts & social-climbing perks.

21-01-2005
V.I.P.

I never said Gemma did anything wrong. I'm talking about how she was portrayed on the cover.

21-01-2005
tfs star

us v. paris
im saying I admire the parisian image & it's US vogue that disturbs me, particularly the blatant social climbing & concessions of the trump wedding story. i admire paris vogue its us vogue that gives me pause or contempt.

21-01-2005
Fly my pretties... Fly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by model_mom
This is in repy to the post of Gemma on the cover of French Vogue. Am I the only one whe sees a 16 year old who seems to be flat chested being portrayed to look like she can't wait to climb in bed with you? Is there something wrong with this picture?
Yes, that is disturbing me too, model_mom! u r not the only one!

21-01-2005
V.I.P.

I'm so glad to hear you say that. Gemma is a beautiful young lady and has so much to be proud of. It is a 'major big time" in the modeling industry to get the cover of French Vogue, but how sad that this anyone's idea of a stunning cover.

21-01-2005
SCBl0ndie

Lady Grey, you seem to have a really harsh and sad look at society, judging on the few posts of yours that I've read it seems like you think people/things that aren't overtly sexual are useless... maybe you could help me change my mind..

21-01-2005
tfs star

helmut newton school of photography
you completely misunderstand everything i say.

I suggest you analyze the tragic social climbing of the february melania/trump story. us vogue used to have models now it has shallow socialites, the kept women of styleless vulgar gaudy billionaires. its all anna wintours sad tragic agenda that SI tolerates. THAT is the mystery

I understand that paris vogue cover 100% & maybe its your perception & modernity that needs adjusting. [do you know who helmut newton is? guy bourdin? meisel in italian vogue? what are you a prude??] Im happy to ally myself with paris vogue. they rock & rule.

its us vogue that sucks & if you dont know how frumpy & sexless anna wintours vision is then you dont read us vogue since the 90s.
theres been sex in us fashion magazines since the 70s- are you some kind of gw bush accolyte who suddenly embraces 'christian values' in fashion? youre in the wrong business. dont apply your christian values to the fashion world, its inappropriate & thats why paris vogue rules & us vogue sucks.

21-01-2005
V.I.P.

Nudity isn't the issue here, run around naked if that's what you like just don't ask kids too.

21-01-2005
backstage pass

This is an awful cover- and not because a 16 year old is in a suggestive shot but because it is not pulled off. Maybe another 16 year old mod could have done it and we would not notice her age. How different is 16 from 17? 17 from 18? Numbers, why is one more comfortable than the other. We notice Gemma's age here because she clearly isn't able to pull this off (despite being a great mod and such etc etc). I can think of some people who could have made this cover work.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2005, february, gemma, mario, paris, testino, vogue, ward