How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

17-01-2011
V.I.P.

i like it...

17-01-2011
clever ain't wise

Beautiful. But where is the spark.

17-01-2011
V.I.P.

I don't like the cover. Mostly because of the make-up and that head piece...ahh and the styling too.

17-01-2011
V.I.P.

Could of done without the headpiece, but I guess that blends in with the background. Not fond on the necklace either. It does nothing for the Gucci outfit. Needless to say Lara looks gorgeous and I love the makeup. The content sounds impressive as always, I can't wait. Thanks debora25!

fashion elite

I'm not a fan of this shot, not elegant enought with her hands and I agree she's already lacking some refinement so making her look like Georgia May Jagger won't help at all! I've been in love for Lara only a few times:

- Her Vogue China cover
- Her red UK Vogue cover
- Her recent US Editorials

but Vogue Paris doesn't manage to make her look like a fine high fashion model, they always push the emphasis on her size or her awkwardness

she's got the look

lara looks okay on the cover but I really dislike the styling/background. and another huge editorial? ugh, not excited at all

you soft and only

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgrenateD View Post
she looks like Georgia May Jagger.
No. Georgia looks like Lara, not vice versa.

17-01-2011
Some Like It Hot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Les_Sucettes View Post
the cover is hookerish , but i like the overall effect. I'm so tired of the Winter that anything with a bit of colour is looking wonderful to me.
What hooker do you know of that wears Gucci ? .

V.I.P.

I love it. Nice cover.

V.I.P.

I love this. Apart from the horrid eye make-up this is an eye-catcher. Not what I expected to see at all but very much pleased. The light colouring of the background, the clothes which are just awesome Lara's pose. I want this one.

17-01-2011
fashion elite

^^^High class call-girls.

They are beating a dead horse here. I can tolerate Lara sometimes but she is over saturated in VP. We get that they love her but enough already. This would have been a great cover for Joan, Raquel, or even Eniko. Lara looks odd, repulsive, and haggard. I just can't get into it... or her.

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanelcouture09 View Post
What hooker do you know of that wears Gucci ? .
Oh there are some out there for sure.

17-01-2011
backstage pass

I love it, Lara looks stunning and it's a great cover for Carine's last issue here. Bright, vibrant, fun, and almost celebratory of how great VP has become.

MON
V.I.P.

A BRIEF ISSUE DESCRIPTION
Quote:
"Ce premier numéro de l’année met le cap sur l’Italie, les Pouilles précisément, et expose au soleil les 65 total looks de l’été prochain élus par Vogue", écrit Carine Roitfeld, dans l’édito du numéro de février de Vogue Paris. En couverture du numéro, le top Lara Stone, révélée, soutenue et portée au rang de super model par Carine Roitfeld, pose rayonnante dans un total look Gucci printemps-été 2011. La maison italienne fête cette année 90 ans de succès, auquel Vogue Paris rend hommage dans un dossier spécial et une série de mode mettant en scène les it bags Gucci portés par le top du moment : Arizona Muse.
C’est un sujet beauté qui pour une fois ouvre le numéro, avec une immersion en backstage des défilés printemps-été 2011. On découvre les secrets des plus grands maquilleurs et coiffeurs et les tendances de la saison : de la bouche burlat aux pommettes plumpy. Côté mode, comme chaque saison depuis deux ans, Vogue Paris signe une série de ses 65 looks essentiels, avec pour chaque maison, un total look sélectionné par la rédaction mode de Vogue Paris. Une sorte de nuancier des nouvelles tendances du printemps-été 2011, qui donne le ton de la saison et permet de redécouvrir l’univers et l'essence de chaque maison.
Une nouvelle rubrique est inaugurée ce mois-ci : Miss Vogue, comme un carnet de tendances d’envies plus accessibles, pour inspirer les jeunes filles en vogue. Enfin, le héros du film de Tom Ford A single Man Colin Firth, revient au cinéma dans avec Le Discour d'un roi réalisé par Tom Hooper et se confie dans une interview intimiste par Violaine Binet.
En bonus du numéro, un dvd exclusif sur les tendances du printemps-été 2011 décryptées par Carine Roitfeld.
Vogue Paris n°914 février 2011, en kiosque bientôt.
Vogue.fr

TRANSLATION
Quote:
"This first issue of the year set sail for Italy, Puglia specifically, the sun sets and the 65 total looks this summer elected by Vogue , "writes Carine Roitfeld , the editorial in the February issue of Paris Vogue . On the cover of the issue, the top Lara Stone , revealed sustained and upgraded to a super model by Carine Roitfeld, poses in a total look radiant Gucci Spring-Summer 2011 . The Italian company is celebrating 90 years of success, which Vogue Paris pays tribute to a special folder and a set fashion featuring the bags Gucci carried by the top of the moment: Arizona Muse .
This is a beauty about that for once the issue opens with a dip in the backstage spring / summer 2011 fashion shows . We discover the secrets of the greatest makeup artists and hairdressers and trends of the season: the mouth burlat plumpy cheeks. As for fashion, like every season the past two years, Vogue Paris sign a series of its 65 key looks, with each house, a total look selected by the editor mode of Vogue Paris . A kind of chart new trends for spring-summer 2011, which sets the tone for the season to rediscover the universe and the essence of each house.
A new section was inaugurated this month: Miss Vogue , as a book of patterns of desires available, to inspire young girls in vogue. Finally, the film's hero Tom Ford's A Single Man Colin Firth , returns to filmmaking with in the speech of a king directed by Tom Hooper and confides in an interview with intimate Violaine Binet.
Bonus number, a dvd exclusive trends spring-summer 2011 decrypted by Carine Roitfeld .
Vogue Paris February 2011 No. 914, on newsstands soon.
Google Translate

V.I.P.

^Yay! It sounds nice, I'm looking forward the 65th looks and the backstages pics.

And I think this is a pleasant cover for February. I mean, this brightens up our cold...

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2011, february, lara, mario, paris, sorrenti, stone, vogue