How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

17-01-2012
trendsetter

She is very one note...like she is stuck in a rut! And with Carine, I felt each issue was very different and quite inspired. Interesting since they both used/are using the same photographers etc

17-01-2012
V.I.P.

I guess im in the minority but I absolutely love the main edit, I wish I could wake up to 75 pages of Daria everyday! She never dissapoints me with her versatility, so many amazing shots, love the ones in the desert and her rocking the Elvis look. Happy to see Cat in Vp but Im not feeling the cowboy styling its been done to death. And love Kendras edit, she is insanely beautiful, hope to see more of her in VP in the future

17-01-2012
»re de ℳodernitť

Seriously, unless VP sales increased since Alt took over, JUST FIRE THAT WOMAN. Every single issue she puts on is just so incredibly dull! Vogue Paris is supposed to be a trendsetting magazine, not an accumulation of the same old stuff every month! I'll say it again: she is ruining the magazine. She wasn't made to be an editor-in-chief, and she proves it in every single issue. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it's been almost a year she has been appointed EIC. She has her own vision of that magazine so nothing is going to change under her. Her editorial choices are just like her styling: dull and repetitive.

fashion insider

This is starting to get old, of late everyone used to criticise Carine and now she's hailed as some sort of genius. Emmanuelle hasn't been such a departure, they share pretty much the tastes and inclinations. If people are tired of the VP aesthetic in general fair enough, that i can understand, but blaming it on Emmanuelle like this sort of editorial content is something that Carine would never do, is clearly having a very selective memory.

17-01-2012
front row

^ I generally find all the blathering about this pretty annoying, but in this case where it's so easy to create a clear comparison between this type of ed (60 looks from various collections that distill the DNA of the house) and what Roitfeld did, I do really find this issue lacking. Conceptually this editorial is totally in the vein of the collections editorials they were doing before, and bcause the editorial they were producing is so similar I think it's easier to see the influence of other factors like management style and ability on the outcome of the product -- and it's inferior with Alt.

17-01-2012
fashion insider

^The problem is the criticism directed to Alt is exactly the same type of criticism directed to Carine. A lot of people were not at all impressed with Carine's work in the last couple of years, and now that she's not there, everyone talks it is the end of a golden era.

Don't get me wrong, i do think Carine's work was indeed better, Emmanuelle is a bit of an hit and miss, but then i did think Carine was perfect for the mag. What i find annoying is this hyperbolic comments against Emmanuelle when she basically did not change the VP aesthetic that Carine favoured.

17-01-2012
rising star

I like Aline and Kendra's ed and that's about it.

17-01-2012
V.I.P.

I hate to say it but this will be another issue by Alt I won't buying (haven't done so yet since she took over). The main ed is such a waste indeed, aside from some of the studio shots it looks either tacky or messy or both, and Catherine's ed sadly isn't any better, every single outfit looks like something boring Alt would wear herself, it's the same white jeans/pullover stuff all over again, and I've already seen it a hundred times before. I love Catherine, but this ed does nothing for her. she is so beautiful, do we really need to see her dressed like that? Kendra's ed is at least a bit interesting, but mostly looks like a Dolce&Gabbana campaign and lacks any originality....
ZOOM is the only interesting part in this issue, I love the styling and layout and images, and no wonder - turns out most of these images are from previous issues, from when Carine was still there. how hilarious...

17-01-2012
MON
V.I.P.

^^ I agree with you Les Sucettes, the bashing has become repetitive? Flash back 09-10, people wanted Carine out and a new face for VP... Now it's happening all over again and they want Carine back. VP now is not different 100%, it's just a subtler rock-ish version of Carine's era. Yes, this collections editorial is not that spectacular but it still is good

fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Les_Sucettes View Post
What i find annoying is this hyperbolic comments against Emmanuelle when she basically did not change the VP aesthetic that Carine favoured.
The only thing Alt changed about the aesthetic was to water it down. The magazine is a tepid mess, IMO.

Carine had lots of time to be creative in her tenure and for the better chunk of that time VP was one of the best editions out there. While she may have hit a slump after that, she still had years of iconic work under her belt and when it was time to leave, she did what other editors can't seem to do -- she left. I don't think you can compare the rut of VP under Carine to that under Alt. And saying people have a "selective memory" when calling Carine a legend is pretty ironic considering all of her detractors seem to forget that VP did experience its "golden era" with her as EIC. All they choose to remember was that by the end it became repetitive and a bit of a bore, something that unfortunately hasn't changed under new management.

It's not as though I'm gleefully rubbing my hands together in true schadenfreude over this. The truth is that I'm just so bitterly disappointed. After just having picked up the Dec/Jan issue last week, I quickly found my mind wandering while flipping through it. By the time I finished the issue I really wanted my money back.

17-01-2012
Alluring

Daria's editorial seems rather incoherent and not utterly exciting, to be honest.

Meanwhile, that Elvis guy is beyond cute, I take him any time.

17-01-2012
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Style Savvy View Post
The main editorial just looks like last year's.
exactly, and this time it's ONLY daria!

V.I.P.

The main ed is simply disappointing.. It cannot be more boring.

17-01-2012
V.I.P.

Underwhelmed by Daria's editorial, although I really liked most of the studio shots. Really disappointed they used Catherine in the western themed ed, had been looking forward to seeing her! Not a fan of western themed editorials and the one with Daria was enough!

Last edited by justaguy; 17-01-2012 at 11:41 AM.
17-01-2012
windowshopping

This 1st edito is really not her best. I prefer the second one.
But her fans are lucky because the edito is about 73 pages in this vogue Paris

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2012, daria, february, inez, paris, vinoodh, vogue, werbowy