How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

19-01-2013
front row

Urban chic by David Sims is by far my favorite. That shot at the Chelsea, a great NYC landmark is iconic.. Then Dumbo, Brooklyn Bridge and the realness of it all make it movie like. The styling is beautiful and effortlessly urban but Andreea's classic beauty remind me of Gia Caragi or old CK ads making the story urban and chic :roll eyes:

2nd Place is Natasha's editorial although I consider Sorrenti a lighting genius. I actually quite like the bangs on her and the styling is great.

19-01-2013
V.I.P.

I think the eds are beautiful, (Andreea's in particular) albeit a tad redundant, but I also think Alt could have taken a lot more from what NY has to offer. She could have used a black model and a latin one. Those two cultures are such a STRONG part of the city's backdrop, that I think it would have been an opportunity to introduce some diversity in this issue. It's just my opinion, I'm not trying to offend anyone. I just think that would've rounded the issue out perfectly....

Thank you for the photos

20-01-2013
fashion insider

Milla is hot. Anja's and Natasha's editorials are also amazing.

20-01-2013
she's got the look

Anja's and Natasha's editorials are the kind of ones that I usually dislike from Vogue Paris, and this time is no exception. Anja's isn't necessarily bad but it's not my cup of tea at all. I must say the subway shot is quite fabulous, though.

On the other hand, Kati's is just Every month I look forward seeing Luchford's contributions for this magazine. David Sims' story also looks great... So does Nadja's, she definitely kills in it.

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thiago:) View Post
Anja's and Natasha's editorials are the kind of ones that I usually dislike from Vogue Paris, and this time is no exception. Anja's isn't necessarily bad but it's not my cup of tea at all. I must say the subway shot is quite fabulous, though.

On the other hand, Kati's is just Every month I look forward seeing Luchford's contributions for this magazine. David Sims' story also looks great... So does Nadja's, she definitely kills in it.
same here.
I really expected Ms. Alt to host inspiring new names (both established and emerging photographers) but she failed.
The relevance of this issue to anything genuinely interesting, or remotely important, completely escapes me.

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tentalicious View Post
same here.
I really expected Ms. Alt to host inspiring new names (both established and emerging photographers) but she failed.
The relevance of this issue to anything genuinely interesting, or remotely important, completely escapes me.
To be fair to Emmanuelle Alt, she has enlisted a few new photographers into the magazine. David Bellemere has become a regular, who has photographed the C'est Vogue section for this issue. I believe Giampaolo Sgura started to shoot for Vogue Paris when Emmanuelle started the editors position. Emmanuelle's a fan of Hans Feurer too, who wasn't at the magazine whilst Carine held the throne. Hans has done a few shoots for Emmanuelle's Vogue.

Alt won't discard of the photographers she feels comfortable working with, and I don't expect her to. Inez & Vinoodh are no doubt, her favourite duo, so I don't ever question why she hires them. It would be like someone telling me not to get Natasha Poly to front something I was working on. It just wouldn't happen.

backstage pass

There is a lot for everyone, and I love it all! Can't wait to pick this up!

23-01-2013
rising star

Mila's face looks weirdly different, but I like it.

23-01-2013
fashion elite

I´ve finally got the issue and Im in love.
By far the best issue edited by Alt.
The New York editorials are fantastic. I love the idea of the same theme with different models and photographers, it looks way less repetitive like this and easier to look at.
Part 1: Beautiful! Milla looks great and the shots are super dynamic. My only problem is that there are too much guns, they look very well in some shots like the Versace one but its just too much.
Part 2: Great lighting. Anja looks marvelous and I love the styling on the CK colection and the photo on Dior.
Part 3: My favourite! It looks like a movie, it has the best setting, the best styling and the best vibe. There was no way to be better...
Part 4: I actualy dont mind the photography, Terry did a good job but the styling is awful and I only like it in 2 shots, the rest is not the best.
Part 5: Beautiful but repetitive. Some of the shots look basicly the same dress, on the same backdrop with the same lighting. There were some great shots tho!

30-01-2013
trendsetter

love milla and natashas editorials.

31-01-2013
V.I.P.

Got mine and everything's 100% better in real. The entire magazine just flows from section to section, very coherent and immaculate to look at. It's amazing how right the Vogue Paris team get it, issue after issue (If I was posting on a blog, you'd think Vogue Paris were sponsoring me or something). Andreea Diaconu by David Sims is perfect. Natasha by Terry Richardson is sharper inside the magazine, which I'm pleased about. Overall, very impressive issue.. which will entertain me right up until March surfaces.

backstage pass

Was wondering if anyone has this magazine and could scan in Samantha Gradovilles ed with David Bellmere?

Was only able to find these two shots online:

and this one NSFW

vogue.fr

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2013, february, inez, jovovich, milla, paris, vinoodh, vogue