How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

20-05-2011
V.I.P.

the cover is gorgeous & the editorial preview as well - impeccable, love it!

20-05-2011
V.I.P.

The cover is alright, probably one of the best facial images of Isabeli that I have seen, but it is just not "up there." Clearly they were trying to recreate the Linda Evangelista image and there is nothing wrong with that, but you would think that the result would be impeccable, and I don't mean that it should be a duplicate, but the image should be on point and this looks like when a third rate magazine, with a lower budget and a lesser photographer and model, tries to appropriate from an image from a top magazine. The problem with this and last month's images are that they are too "almost" and I am trying to figure out if the issue is that Alt is too timid or if her editing eye is lacking, and regardless of the reason, if it can be remedied.

20-05-2011
backstage pass

that font is irritating me something serious! Overall, I love the cover and happy for Isabeli

20-05-2011
tfs star

The cover is so boring. Waiting to see the preview of the eds.

20-05-2011
V.I.P.

Totally different than what i expected but I absolutely love it, Isabeli looks amazing, every inch the supermodel, and the inside shot is fab too in the YSL dress, so anxious to see the rest!

20-05-2011
fashion icon

I want new faces on the cover! ugly cover!!

20-05-2011
fashion icon

OMG I actually really like it!

tfs star

not really feeling about it, at the first time i saw it, I thought I was opening the wrong thread, thought it was the vintage vogue from the late 80s or early 90s lol

20-05-2011
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by vogue28 View Post
They've been overused, to the people who are sick of them being overused. Being crazy about them both, I could take them in every issue. And I doubt you'd hear a complaint from me. On the note of giving Emmanuelle's other favoruties a chance.. Isabeli, Gisele, Kate? Those would certainly fall into the overused category.
you took the words right out of my mouth!! when they aren't necessarily your favorites, you will definitely feel like they are overused, but when they are your favorites...the more the better.

20-05-2011
backstage pass

That cover isn't doing it for me. It looks like a work of amateurs. The model is working it though
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by dreamss; 20-05-2011 at 08:08 AM.
20-05-2011
V.I.P.

Ok, the hair has officially grown on me. After seeing the cover in better quality and the preview image of the ed, I think it's gorgeous. I don't know why everyone's complaining, I think every cover under Alt so far has been gorgeous. And let us not forget the last cover that Carine put out with Saskia, now that was awful. Everything since's been wonderful.

V.I.P.

I expect to see Sasha, Karmen, Eniko, Iselin and Freja in this issue.

20-05-2011
trendsetter

i also expect to see Daria, Natasha, Iselin, Raquel, but i don't want to get all that excited for this issue, i'll probably be disappointed if i don't see these girls.
it's funny how Alt talked about it in her interview back in march how Daria is her favorite model, and everyone thought she'll be the first cover girl, but still no sight of her. it's like she's doing the opposite with her favorites.

V.I.P.

I agree that Alt could have at least recreated the image instead of doing pretty much an exact replica of the Linda shoot, but I can't even hate because it's Isabeli and I love it! and I was not expecting to like anything under Alt's regime, but this is good so hopefully the content will match.

20-05-2011
backstage pass

Hm, I really liked last month's cover, but this one is such a huge disappointment for me. I don't like it at all. That's sad actually because I think Isabeli could have been a great cover model with a different styling/setting maybe.
But I'm really curious about the model choice this time...I'm guessing the usual suspects...I hope there will be a little more variety this time. Seriously, there are more models out there...It's getting boring. Just give a newer model a chance as well. I wouldn't even care who it is, just something fresh and new.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2011, alas, fontana, isabeli, july, june, marcus, mert, paris, piggott, vogue