How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

15-05-2012
V.I.P.

I have one thing to say, you better werq! This is gorgeous. This is the Gisele that I have always known and loved. Perfect summer cover. Although it's giving me a March 2007 Natasha Poly cover vibe.

15-05-2012
front row

This is Alt at her best - pushing the limits of edginess, and definitely not for those who see the body as something vulgar. It's SO Vogue Paris, and I'm glad she's finally come in to her own. Seems like she's come full circle - she started a slightly iffy spell with Gisele, and now she's (hopefully) gonna start with a fresh, edgy approach to the covers.

Though I think I'm a bit weird for having an issue with how the sand on her butt looks unnatural... Might've been better if it had looked like handprints

EDIT: Just looked at the cover lines, and love that she's put the Health Initiative right there on the cover. Good that she's making a point of their agreement, rather than passively mention it (ahem, Alex Shulman...)

Last edited by ohmycolin; 15-05-2012 at 12:42 PM.
15-05-2012
scenester

just perfect. gisele at her best!

15-05-2012
goodbye kiss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc10 View Post
Although, her pose here is too similar to her V cover back in 2008:

mdc
It's the same angle but I think this is much different, it looks more natural and it doesn't scream bombshell! to me, the main focus here is not her derrière like the V cover. They're both sexy, but in different ways.

15-05-2012
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohmycolin View Post
This is Alt at her best - pushing the limits of edginess, and definitely not for those who see the body as something vulgar. ....

EDIT: Just looked at the cover lines, and love that she's put the Health Initiative right there on the cover. Good that she's making a point of their agreement, rather than passively mention it (ahem, Alex Shulman...)
I agree, this is as good a cover as any we've seen -- moreover, this cover clearly doesn't share an aesthetic with any of the other Vogues.

I don't think that's far to Alexandra Shulman though -- think of all the work she did on sample sizes before everyone was working together on the initiative.

15-05-2012
Alluring

Summer is here, oh dear

Second fantastic cover by Emmanuelle in a row, I'm really pleased.

15-05-2012
V.I.P.

Ugh this makes me want to spend some days at the beach this summer.. so not me.. the colors are gorgeous, and the mood is perfect. The Brazilians always bring it for VP's June/July issues.

V.I.P.

Although the cover is very nice, I do wish Alt could use some newer models for covers in the future. Carine was repetitive but even she gave covers to new(er) girls every once in a while.

15-05-2012
When in doubt, wear red.

Ok this is perfect. Really great and so effortless, I know it's not a brand new formula but I love it. It's very fresh, very summery and very easy. There's no pretention or whatsoever but it feels like Vogue. Like the old good days of Vogue. Thank you Emmanuelle

Last edited by Wolkfolk; 15-05-2012 at 02:00 PM.
15-05-2012
V.I.P.

I give it a definite thumbs up, although I wish the sand on the bum looked more natural. The cover brings to mind a less friendlier take on Elle MacPherson by Gilles Bensimon for French Elle, not that there is anything wrong with that.

15-05-2012
front row

I love the picture used for the cover. It's perfect for the summer. I really don't like the text position though.

15-05-2012
V.I.P.

Very summery cover, Gisele looks great & i think that this cover is a million times better than her cover of April on the last year.

15-05-2012
trendsetter

OMG i love it! Not only the cover.. also the body haha

15-05-2012
trendsetter

It's the perfect summer cover Alt + Gisele really does seem to be a great combination. Hopefully the content is just as good.

front row

I really like the cover, Gisele's body's hot but the angle makes it look a bit off proportion, especially the upper bit of it looks like taken from a little kid's body. it's not something you see immidiately, but looks a bit weird.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2012, bündchen, gisele, inez, july, june, paris, vinoodh, vogue