Vogue Paris June/July 2018 : Edie Campbell by Mikael Jansson - Page 3 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines

1 Week Ago
V.I.P.

Not overly mad on either of them...there's something off-putting about the composition of the first cover. Don't like the way's she's angled/tilting her head to the side. Second one is better but the cocktail umbrella is such a silly effect; not well thought out. I do love MJ though and look forward to seeing the edit.

1 Week Ago
V.I.P.

Sorry, I feel like all of Alt's covers have been done before, in a million different ways.

Something I have not fully allowed myself to admit until this moment is how much I miss Carine. Not that I'd want her back. But I'd want her over Alt any day.

1 Week Ago
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherAnne View Post
Sorry, I feel like all of Alt's covers have been done before, in a million different ways.

Something I have not fully allowed myself to admit until this moment is how much I miss Carine. Not that I'd want her back. But I'd want her over Alt any day.
I'm fine with these, but I agree with every word you're saying! On point, as always!
It's certainly not original. These blue covers are as predictable for her June/July issues as florals are for spring. Let's call a spade a spade here. And they're not necessarily 'high fashion' either, it's just images which make you anticipate beach living (something which I love!.) You want to see previous versions of these shots, dive into Elle France and Elle Spain's summer cover archives.

1 Week Ago
windowshopping

The flipped 2nd cover is the single most beautiful picture i have ever seen.

1 Week Ago
V.I.P.

The sunglasses are horrid. But both covers look fantastic! Can't wait to find out which one I'll get with my subscription.

1 Week Ago
MON
V.I.P.

BEYOND BEAUTIFUL! This is amazing! I really love the June/July covers of VP. I want both.

Its an overused concept, but I’d take it.

I have to agree, 2018 (except March) is turning out to be one of the strongest year of VP in terms of cover.

Inez & Vinoodh and Mikael Jansson really WORKS for this magazine and Alt’s aesthetic.

Last edited by MON; 1 Week Ago at 06:54 AM.
1 Week Ago
V.I.P.

I have to admit that the first cover is quite good, I thought it was Elise at the beginning. Silly me.

The second one tho... Such a mess, but picture itself it's pretty.

Anyways, it feels like I've seen this a million times. VP is like a time capsule... Everything they do feels so done and anachronic. Like 2008. When you are flipping through a fashion mag you are supposed to see the "now" reflected in it, at least a little bit... But l'air du temps is something Alt definitely doesn't have.

1 Week Ago
don't look down

For many magazines, June-July is the moment for filler content. For Vogue Paris, it's when they get to excel at selling that carefree rich girl lifestyle of lounging around with nowhere better to be than right here, in this perfect moment.

1 Week Ago
trendsetter

The art direction is very reminiscent of the French magazine Photo's covers of the 70's. Simple and sexy.

1 Week Ago
windowshopping

The sport sunnies did make her a lot less recognizable(not complaining), she even looked a bit like Anja Rubik on the 2nd cover.
The fact its Edie again on the cover still kinda bothers me tho.

Looking forward to Jansson becoming a regular for VP covers.

backstage pass

The best !

V.I.P.

Saglio posted a preview in her IG story. Vittoria by Lachlan Bailey. Looks quite good!! I'm excited for this issue.

1 Week Ago
trendsetter

So summery! It makes me want to go to a tropical island ASAP!

V.I.P.

I was a little apprehensive opening the thread but I love both covers, I don´t know which is my favorite they´re so good

1 Week Ago
fashion icon

Both covers are amazing but i prefer the second cover because the sunglasses in the first cover are really horrible.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2018, campbell, edie, jansson, june or july, mikael, paris, vogue