How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

16-02-2012
Some Like It Hot

I'd sure love to be bought into the loop as to who you two mean ?

However I like it, the pink is bugging me though, it's simple, no fuss and I really love that Jacket.

16-02-2012
V.I.P.

Stunning. I love everything about that cover. From the picture, to how Natalia looks to the text, to the colors (or lack of). Total winner in my book. And I'm loving how Alt is able to mix up her covers too, going from opulent to something really stylized to a beauty close up to then something like this. Very chic.

V.I.P.

This sure as hell isn't the most exciting cover but we don't expect anything exciting or fresh coming from Alt anyway. I actually really like this cover, though. It's simple and doesn't look overly photoshopped. It's pretty.

The review sounds just like that of every other VP issue except for the Karlie Kloss editorial which I'm looking forward to

Last edited by Psylocke; 16-02-2012 at 11:41 AM.
16-02-2012
V.I.P.

thanks for the review ASF. It does not sound like a very exciting issue at all.

16-02-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by valliaddict View Post
Alt is the most predictable editor of all time. I knew it was either gonna be Anja, Natasha or Natalia, considering that none of them have had covers under her reign yet. Can she do something surprising? As far as the actual cover, it's a snoozefest.
To be honest, I'm knocked for six that Natalia is covering the issue, I wouldn't class her as an Emmanuelle favourite.

Massive disappointment. It's a complete and utter borefest for a March cover. This is the first black and white cover since Stéphanie de Monaco's guest-edited issue, non? I'm certain I would have admired this in colour - Mert & Marcus' strength.

she's got the look

The review doesn't excite me at all but I find the cover interesting, Natalia looks very beautiful.

███████████████

Again M&M Copy style from others this is very Inez & Vinoodh, i tired the duo copy the style from diferents photographers

16-02-2012

Not only because of ASF's personal review, the edtorial list itself sounds uninteresting. Looks like it's going to be another repeat of what they have already done.

16-02-2012
fashion elite

As much as i love Natalia this cover is very bad
Seems Stella McCartney F/W 11 campaign
A BIG NO

16-02-2012
V.I.P.

boring to die...this almost made me yearn for that cheap "background" they used to do.... the pic itself is beautiful but not for a cover.
not to mention the casting...very repetitive and unsurprising :/

backstage pass

When I read Natalia Vodianova by Mert & Marcus, I was expecting something more. By no means am I a fan of M&M but somehow I still expected more. It's still nice but it didn't live up to my expectations.

Last edited by JennaaMonroe; 16-02-2012 at 01:11 PM.
16-02-2012
fashion insider

she's beautiful but the cover is really boring

16-02-2012
you soft and only

It looks like a fan made cover or something, but I am looking forward to see Lara by Mikael Jansson.

Is Vogue Paris under Alt selling well? I wonder how long she'll be with the magazine for if it isn't, but I think I've read it's not doing too badly.

16-02-2012
backstage pass

I'm a bit surprised to be honest to see Natalia on the cover, wasn't expecting that. The cover is disappointing considering it is the March issue. It's boring, reminds me of Natasha Poly's nudity Vogue Spanish cover for some reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanna View Post
Too simple and dull. There were simple covers when Carine was EIC but they were not dull but striking. Alt cannot avoid being compared to Carine if she keeps this up
^I agree, Carine produced many simple yet memorable covers. I'm only now starting to see why some dislike Alt being the EIC.

16-02-2012
rising star

No matter what people may think, this cover is just delicious to me.
Simplicity. Elegance. No flourish. No blabla.

That's what I like in covers : extremes. Whether arty or simple and minimalist. It's the middle that is often disappointing ...

And to me, simplicity isn't necessarily synonymous with boredom, especially when it looks beautiful. Like in poetry, painting ...

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2012, march, marcus, mert, natalia, paris, vodianova, vogue