How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

12-02-2013
tfs star

About the content:

Quote:
"A radical is someone who dares to take risks, break down barriers and assume the responsibility of their actions. It means making no compromises. This issue of Vogue Paris flirts outrageously and deliberately with this idea," writes Vogue Paris Editor-in-Chief Emmanuelle Alt in her editorial for the March 2013 issue which sees Finnish model Suvi Koponen enter the closed circle of Vogue Paris cover girls, shot by Mert & Marcus. It's a revolutionary issue that pushes the limits of fashion, jewelry and beauty ever further, towards a utopian vision that creates a new genre, full of contrasts. Vogue Paris has called on some of this century's biggest style visionaries to help us push the envelope that little bit further, featuring designers who breathe life into some of the most forward-thinking trends on the catwalk like Miuccia Prada and performers like David Bowie who have swept convention aside, alongside new talents rich with potential like designers Loko Yu and Ashish Gupta. It's a visual shock pushed to the extreme, put back into context with thoughts from leading figures of the French avant-garde like curator Jean de Loisy, the Pompidou Center's Laurent Le Bon, poet Michel Verjux and artist Loris Gréaud. Finally, Hubert de Givenchy shares his memories of the golden age of couture exclusively with Vogue Paris as the Paris Haute Couture exhibition opens at the Hôtel de Ville. And we haven't forgotten children for this issue, which comes with a free Wild Wild West supplement. It's time to choose sides in fashion's game of cowboys and Indians.

Vogue Paris n°935, March 2013, available February 22.
vogue.fr

12-02-2013
backstage pass

It is quite a boring cover. The red-orange colour is so not right for the cover image.
Great for Suvi though.

12-02-2013
fashion elite

it looks boring, I agree with Starry, it looks like an outtake more than a cover. The stare, the "no fashion" statement when it comes to the styling and boring text too. It's a very dull cover.

fashion icon

so boring and plain

backstage pass

woooooow, this is really huge surprise. Well, I was hoping for bigger model like Kate. I don't say it's perfect, but it's nice. I find new font unattractive, previous one was better i think....

12-02-2013
fashion insider

Quite nice in an artistic way, but also a bit dull. It reminds me of a painting by Vermeer: the girl with a pearl earring.

12-02-2013
Unveil Yourself....

Reminds me of

agnoutacouture.com

I think it's the hair and the framing, but still. I think it's quite a nice image. Not a cover image we have seen before with Alt's Vogue Paris. It's simple but beautiful.

twitter.com/ErikP87
12-02-2013
MON
V.I.P.

This is really beautiful! I am not an of the motionless text but the cover shot itself is beautiful! Very simple yet strong! Although it's more of I&V than MM
Posted via Mobile Device

12-02-2013
fashion elite

not a fan of suvi but i think it is a great cover. congrats on getting her biggest cover!

12-02-2013
fashion elite

she decides to break her cycle using the same girls over and over and chooses Suvi? no thanks. maybe next month...

12-02-2013
V.I.P.

^ yeah I would rather to see girls like Daria or Nadja, her favs. This is boring and even more disappointing as a March cover. This is so plain. Almost as bad as the last cover with Kate Moss. Yuck.

12-02-2013
trendsetter

Dont like it ,at all.

12-02-2013
V.I.P.

This is gorgeous, and the masthead sits so well with the image.

12-02-2013
tfs star

It's almost as bad as Kate's latest cover... Vogue Paris is sadly a lost cause. I just wish I could deal with it...

What's she wearing? Is that hat Saint Laurent? That would mean two Vogue Paris covers in a row for the brand...

12-02-2013
When in doubt, wear red.

So happy for Suvi . The cover is very reminescent of her Joe McKenna styled september editorial, but there's also definitely little bit of 90's Kirsten Owen going on and I like that. Excited to see the main story and the other spreads.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2013, alas, koponen, march, marcus, mert, paris, piggott, suvi, vogue