How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

22-04-2009
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vavavinny View Post
I buy it every month, even if I don't like it, becuase I know I will regret not doing so. Plus, editorials I think are bad end up growing on me and I'll love them a couple of months later. The thing about VP is that there is always something to be discovered everytime one opens the magazine. There is an added dimension which one may not notice the first time around. It's what I like to call a cerebral fashion mag
I fourth MMA, tigerrouge and you ....

that's absolutely true !

so I'm happy to be a suscriber ...

Quote:
I feel like i'm the only fench suscriber who still haven't received it! ugh.
last month i received it one day after it hits the newsstands ...
this month i received it even before debora or max ...
it's bipolar, you know ...

22-04-2009
Ère de ℳodernité

^
One day AFTER it hit the newsstands? damn!

The problem is solved, i got it this morning (and i'm still not impressed at all ... )

V.I.P.

Bohème en prose
Helena Christensen

scanned by Diorette

front row

Malgosias edit is bloody amazinggggg!!

22-04-2009
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by <3Thefrenchy View Post
The problem is solved, i got it this morning (and i'm still not impressed at all ... )
Hahah that made me gigle, i get it almost for free, seriously cheap, so i wouldnt miss buying it even if i hated the issue (it would be silly ), which i did, VPs quality is not top notch for a while now imho.

22-04-2009
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diorette View Post
Bohème en prose
Helena Christensen
Adorable puppy...
The paintings are beautiful, too.

trendsetter

It's out today.
The Cannes supplement is disapointing. Just a collection of pics from previous years of many people, actors, models, and an interview of Milla Jovovitch.
The issue is great, lots of things to read.

Ère de ℳodernité

^Oh there's a supplement with it? It kills me how they (almost? Cause i received a childrens wear supplement once) never send them to suscribers

tfs star

Bianca Balti:

Scanned by me

trendsetter

That picture is FABULOUS! Thank you SOOO much Party in Paris!!! I am so happy to see Bianca in VP again. She is the epitome of voluptuosness and sex!

tfs star

You're welcome

I wish we could see Bianca more often in VP !!!

trendsetter

Here is the cover of the supplement :

scanned by me

But I tell you, all the pages are like the cover, a mix of pictures also in color.

Ère de ℳodernité

Merci pour le scan Tony Fersen

trendsetter

this is the best issue of the year. Daria looks incredible.

23-04-2009
old-fashioned

i'm still waiting for the great 2009 issue of VP. there are still 5 issues before december so i still have high expectations... the dec08/jan09 issue wasn't bad but wasn't great either, the only thing i remember well from that one, besides the cover, which was very pretty, is milla's 80s-styled ed. the february issue was full of gorgeous pictures but still was very disappointing because they could do much better with lara stone, the march issue was the worst one so far, worst than the worst 2008 issue of VP as well (i think 2008 was a very good year, vogue paris-wise... when i thought the february cover couldn't be better than charlotte's, carine put kate and naomi together, and then lara in march, all of them very strong), the sad thing is that it was supposed to be an homage to coco chanel, because coco is synonym for elegance, and the styling in that issue was anything but elegant, it was bizarre - not creative/innovative bizarre, i mean really strange. the cover was good but carine's editorial styling was very weird, i really don't get some combinations she made... emmanuelle's styling wasn't good either and GOD carlyne's was just terrible (which didn't surprised me at all after that adriana lima november tragedy), i won't even comment on the eva/claudia cowgirl ed because it was just too bad for words, and also won't comment on the zillion cigarettes they photoshopped out of the pictures (no problem with the fact itself, but with the at-the-last-minute way they did it - in one of carmen kass's pictures, for example, you can even see the smoke). the april issue was good but still nothing amazing... the cover was really nice and i was glad that mario sorrenti shot it because he rarely shoots VP covers, his two eds weren't bad too (although i hate that picture of anna s. with the baseball cap), eniko's shots were beautiful, but he can do much better. i think demarchelier's eds were the best thing in that issue, the no smoking ed was hilarious, i loved it, and agricouture was really great... this issue's cover is good but typical daria/I&V/VP, daria's ed is better than i expected, raquel also looks better than i expected, eva's ed is interesting, but i'll need to see it in print to decide wether i like it or not, l'étoffe de la création is typical sims/m-a sauvé but i don't like the model and i don't love the styling (although i generally like sauvé's styling), malgosia is beautiful but her ed does nothing for me, etc etc... overall it's a lackluster issue. hopefully the june/july one will surprise us. thanks a lot for the scans Diorette, Tony Fersen and Party.in.Paris.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2009, daria, inez, paris, vinoodh, vogue, werbowy