How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

11-04-2012
fashion elite

I like it
Thanks god it's not Poly, Rubik, Muse, Moss or any other overused VP regular by M&M or I&V. So sick of them all already.

11-04-2012
backstage pass

This sure came quick after the last issue. I don't know what to think, it's a bit plain for my liking, it certainly isn't bad though. It screams safe to me, where's the risk? Laetita looks fine, maybe it's just me but she ever so slightly reminds of Natalie Portman.

11-04-2012
V.I.P.

the colours are nice and so is the layout, laetita looks pretty but it's quite a boring image.

11-04-2012
rising star

Boring it looks fanmade.

11-04-2012
fashion insider

i actually like it.. it's safe indeed but also very striking, it's a beautiful picture of Laetitia
much better than last issue with Doutzen (that one was awkward), above average for VP!

11-04-2012
Some Like It Hot

Quote:
Originally Posted by AL92 View Post
Laetita's Vogue Paris cover under Carine...the Dec/Jan one is so reflective of the 2 different styles these EIC have. I must say this isn't bad but just very, very safe and bland. Nothing really excites and maybe VP is losing their lustre...did like the October cover with Sasha though! I've always come to expect you know ethereal, quintessentially French flair with VP covers but that could be me still recovering from the saturation of SEX Carine presented. VP just needs a little more flavour as the past 3 covers have all been studio shoots.
Not reflective of two very different EIC, but reflective of two very different photographers work of the same subject.

Alluring

Even though it could look sort of bland and not very interesting itself, Laetitia looks absolutely gorgeous and I'm sticking with that

11-04-2012
V.I.P.

Personally I think it's beautiful cover, Laetiia looks stunning and these white and blue colours make the cover look really fresh and lovely.

11-04-2012
front row

I quite like the cover, its probably the first cover I've liked since Emmanuelle became Editor-in-Chief. I like its simplicity and I've always been a fan of Laetitia. So for the first time in months, I'll actually be buying an issue of Vogue Paris

trendsetter

^ Yes but also the EIC's overarching viewpoint also provides the framework to which the magazine is conceived and presented so every part of the content would fall back to that.

11-04-2012
V.I.P.

Simply love this, she looks stunning, but in a natural way.

11-04-2012
rising star

Unfortunately, that even the two covers of consecutive reminds manifestation of commerce. Once again just looking forward to impressive photoshoots inside the magazine and hope for something new of next month cover.

Last edited by Fianna; 11-04-2012 at 05:44 AM.
11-04-2012
front row

VP is slowly turning into French Elle. In other words, more commercial, more accessible and a moneymaker. France has lost a true gem of a publication...

Ère de ℳodernité

Well... That's pretty. She looks good, the whole thing looks very summer-y and I always like seeing her on the cover. I never cared about her as a model, but she always delivers now. That being said, it's pretty flagrant to see how much VP has changed. From an edgy and trendsetting magazine, it has become just a high-fashion female magazine. Just like a classier Grazia. I hope for us and for Alt, that the sales have increased...

Ère de ℳodernité

Featured in this issue:

- French actresses by Glen Luchford.
- Astrid Bergès-Frisbey as Coco Chanel by Mario Sorrenti.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2012, casta, laetitia, mario, paris, testino, vogue