Vogue Paris May 2018 : Anna Ewers by Mikael Jansson - Page 2 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
13-04-2018
V.I.P.

It's a great cover, though I thought this issue we would finally get Imaan Hammam's Vogue Paris cover.

V.I.P.

The jacket looks very heavy indeed but it's a great cover. Happy to see Anna Ewers. The hair looks good on her. I like it a lot!

13-04-2018
windowshopping

I do like the cover....but , there some old vogue paris magic i wish could appears on Alt's covers but no. ( sorry for my english )

13-04-2018
V.I.P.

Solid cover. Hard to find much fault with it. Yet, it fails to excite me. Idk. Still, I'll take it over most covers these days.

front row

Miss Ewers serving some major look I really love this cover , she kind of VP cover that speaks to me , a true VP girl Congrats

13-04-2018
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.D.C. View Post
The 80ís go to the beach. I canít say I love this cover but itís not bad either. Is it just me though or does it feel like Annaís moment has passed? I really though that she was gonna be the first legit super since Gisele but it seemed to have gone nowhere. Now I donít even see her getting to Daria level.
Of all the great models to come out in the 20 years since Gisele, the first legit super since Gisele was never gonna be Anna's destiny. There's nobody that's near that, because really Gisele is from a different time and she was the perfect storm - not only her high fashion cred, but a massive commercial success, huge VS contract, relationship with movie stars. Gisele played the fame game very well, she appealed to the mainstream. She was on the friggin' cover of Rolling Stone magazine. Coupled with her basically capitalizing on the dramatic rise of the middle class in Brazil and essentially becoming the international face for her entire country - it's just too many pieces coming together, too much serendipity, to be repeated so soon. Certainly not by Anna Ewers (no shade! I think Anna is gorgeous and a fabulous model).

There have definitely been models post-Gisele who have come close in terms of public recognition and fame (ie; Miranda, Candice) and others who have become truly iconic in fashion (Natasha, Lara, Daria) but I'd say nobody has really come for the crown. In a real stretch, somebody could make an argument for Doutzen or Karlie, but it'd be reeeaaaally reaching; they just ain't close to Gisele's level. I personally adore Joan and think she's legendary - but again, not on Gisele's level clearly.

Gigi is probably the most famous working model right now, and she's also demonstrating a very astute business acumen. She might be the closest, but she has nowhere near the high fashion cred that Gisele had. And feels more like a celebrity who's modeling, than a model who's become a celebrity due to her modeling success. Also, it's still too early in her career to tell whether she'll have genuine longevity.

I think of all the recent girls, Imaan might be the one that has what it takes to go that far. But her career really needs to go to the next level with some MAJOR contracts and covers. She needs her celebrity heatscore to skyrocket, as well.

backstage pass

The May or June cover has always been favourite in recent years. They do the same formulaic beach/pool shoot and although there's nothing new about it, there's always so much energy and colour I can get on board with.

13-04-2018
V.I.P.

spotted in venice beach looking addicted to a little more than just sun..

13-04-2018
V.I.P.

Very beautiful cover! Jansson is very consistent at VP. He is a very nice addition to the magazine and now that Testino is out, i think that he will shoot more covers and i like that.

The thing is that, giving the state of fashion magazines today and particulary Vogue, her magazine will always be above. It might be Hits and misses but overall, it's consistent and hit has a vision and an identity.
It's a good use of Gucci even if denim on VP is kinda annoying for me but it works.

Now, i hope that the content will be as good as the cover. I hope Barbieri is featured in this. If it's all Alt, Dhelens and Saglio...No!

13-04-2018
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by happycanadian View Post
Of all the great models to come out in the 20 years since Gisele, the first legit super since Gisele was never gonna be Anna's destiny. There's nobody that's near that, because really Gisele is from a different time and she was the perfect storm - not only her high fashion cred, but a massive commercial success, huge VS contract, relationship with movie stars. Gisele played the fame game very well, she appealed to the mainstream. She was on the friggin' cover of Rolling Stone magazine. Coupled with her basically capitalizing on the dramatic rise of the middle class in Brazil and essentially becoming the international face for her entire country - it's just too many pieces coming together, too much serendipity, to be repeated so soon. Certainly not by Anna Ewers (no shade! I think Anna is gorgeous and a fabulous model).

There have definitely been models post-Gisele who have come close in terms of public recognition and fame (ie; Miranda, Candice) and others who have become truly iconic in fashion (Natasha, Lara, Daria) but I'd say nobody has really come for the crown. In a real stretch, somebody could make an argument for Doutzen or Karlie, but it'd be reeeaaaally reaching; they just ain't close to Gisele's level. I personally adore Joan and think she's legendary - but again, not on Gisele's level clearly.

Gigi is probably the most famous working model right now, and she's also demonstrating a very astute business acumen. She might be the closest, but she has nowhere near the high fashion cred that Gisele had. And feels more like a celebrity who's modeling, than a model who's become a celebrity due to her modeling success. Also, it's still too early in her career to tell whether she'll have genuine longevity.

I think of all the recent girls, Imaan might be the one that has what it takes to go that far. But her career really needs to go to the next level with some MAJOR contracts and covers. She needs her celebrity heatscore to skyrocket, as well.
I agree on every word and every model you just named.

V.I.P.

Am I the only one who can not stand Miss Alt's obsession with 80's?

Nice cover but still the her pet model..speaking of Anna, I miss Anna Selezneva...

fashion elite

Anna is boring and so is the cover. So tired of her. Never got the love for this girl.

She does look beautiful tho. But that's it.

13-04-2018
V.I.P.

I love it! I missed Anna for Vogue, can't wait for the editorial.

13-04-2018
V.I.P.

It's a great cover, very late Aughts/2010 and I'm not complaining. Mikael really does deliver all the time, thank goodness!

13-04-2018
V.I.P.

Alt is showing her age and how out of touch she is with fashion with all the 80s covers, we get it you were in your prime in the 80s, but it bores the sh*t out of the rest of us.

Never mad about seeing Anna Ewers, but this cover is a damn shame.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2018, anna, ewers, jansson, mikael, paris, vogue