Vogue Paris May 2018 : Anna Ewers by Mikael Jansson - Page 3 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
13-04-2018
V.I.P.

Mikael Jansson never disappoints. I love this!

13-04-2018
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherAnne View Post
Alt is showing her age and how out of touch she is with fashion with all the 80s covers, we get it you were in your prime in the 80s, but it bores the sh*t out of the rest of us.
Ahahaha But she is only 50...
The 80ís were only her teenage years...

Not necessarly to defend her but the planets are aligned for her because the 80ís are basically the trend of the moment!

Maybe her interpretation is limited but nobody can blame her for being out of touch...

13-04-2018
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola701 View Post
Ahahaha But she is only 50...
The 80ís were only her teenage years...

Not necessarly to defend her but the planets are aligned for her because the 80ís are basically the trend of the moment!

Maybe her interpretation is limited but nobody can blame her for being out of touch...
But she's been doing this sort of thing before it became a trend which is why most of us are fed up with it. This direction proves what a weak editor she really is since she can't seem to venture beyond. Wish they'd just sack her and done with it.

13-04-2018
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benn98 View Post
But she's been doing this sort of thing before it became a trend which is why most of us are fed up with it. This direction proves what a weak editor she really is since she can't seem to venture beyond. Wish they'd just sack her and done with it.
Again, I think her team lacks of diversity in terms of aesthetic. I am fine that she's been doing this 80s style eds for ages, but let other stylists with different styles to do eds in the same issue as well please! The problem is she only recruited people who share the same aesthetic as hers that's why the magazine looks very one-dimensional.

We need more eds styled by Barbieri!

14-04-2018
tfs star

it's business only....anyone thinks Alt is worried to become THE editor or give fashion a BIG contribution? she just found out a formula, and also a formula that sells and keep her job secure...and if it sells maybe it's connecting to the people at some level...I'm not saying it's good or bad, but it's a choice...even so, VP is one of the best Vogue's currently.....rough times to magazines right now...

scenester

Alt has always managed to ruin the potential of a good fashion photography. Weren't there any options that didn't find Anna demonstrating such a Zoolander-esque expression?

I'm also tired of her one-note styling. We've seen this oversized jacket or jacket-worn-in-a-nonchalant-way look time and time again from her. It's time for Alt to take a look back at that iconic June/July 2014 cover with Natasha Poly because truth be told, she hasn't produced anything noteworthy since then.

Last edited by Ken Doll Jenner; 15-04-2018 at 09:47 AM.
17-04-2018
V.I.P.

You won't ever hear me complaining about a cover which looks like this. A quintessential Vogue Paris cover and everything here is essentially what I fell in love with Vogue Paris for. Yes to Anna's fifth VP cover, yes to the denim jacket, yes to the OTT bronzed makeup, the fonts - everything. The cover image certainly leaves me wanting more!

you set the scene

Anna looks like a fashionable cavewoman to me on this cover... not sure why I still like it. Looking forward to the editorial.

17-04-2018
fashion elite

She looks dirty and almost homely. Iím not against against a more unkempt appearance in the realm of high fashion, but this was not executed well at all.

18-04-2018
fashion insider

I like this cover. Thank you Anna Ewers !
Usually the Vogue Paris falls from my hands as soon as the 80's retro vibes show up (and it's always) but for once it worths a second look.

18-04-2018
fashion elite

Really?? Why cake it up for spring? or ever?
Very tired and heavy. Next

18-04-2018
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benn98 View Post
Savage but I second that, can she do modern glam for once?

18-04-2018
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by vogue28 View Post
You won't ever hear me complaining about a cover which looks like this. A quintessential Vogue Paris cover and everything here is essentially what I fell in love with Vogue Paris for.
Sorry vogue28, but this is not the Vogue Paris I fell in love with. This is Alt's Vogue. This whole Isabel Marant-esque styling has her written all over it. I fell in love with the Artistry and fantasy of the Carine Roitfeld era. That was the quintessential French Vogue. Carine struck a very strong balance between Sex, Fashion, Glamour, and Beauty. Nowadays it's the same boring content. It's become very formulaic and predictable. In 20 years no one will be talking about Alt. Carine's tenure reminds me a lot of Diana Vreeland at Vogue. Everyone will remember Carine, but no one will remember who came before or after. I was a Vogue Paris addict until March 2011 which was Carine's last issue. Since then I've bought maybe two or three issues, and that was only because my fave was on the cover. I'm always optimistic and last month was a big improvement, so hopefully the contents will be more interesting than this cover.

Quote:
Yes to Anna's fifth VP cover, yes to the denim jacket, yes to the OTT bronzed makeup, the fonts - everything. The cover image certainly leaves me wanting more!
If you were describing this than that would be something to be excited about!

demimolgoy.com

V.I.P.

She looks so awful. Sick of Anna anyway.

Happy for Mikael though.

21-04-2018
fashion elite

Regardless still the best Vogue around, although Iím still blocked on their instagram. 😏

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2018, anna, ewers, jansson, mikael, paris, vogue