How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

15-10-2012
fashion elite

Amazing cover.
Somehow it works for how simple it is because it makes the models standout. Lauren and Stephanie looks unbelievable. Daria looks very good but a model with a better personality would work better here.
This is one of Alts best covers. Theres no problem with blue jeans and white shirt. I mean it works so good in here,,,

15-10-2012
Ère de ℳodernité

Wish there were three different covers...

fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmrmartinho View Post
Amazing cover.
Somehow it works for how simple it is because it makes the models standout. Lauren and Stephanie looks unbelievable. Daria looks very good but a model with a better personality would work better here.
This is one of Alts best covers. Theres no problem with blue jeans and white shirt. I mean it works so good in here,,,
what about her personality that is not good enough to be included? she should be like stefenie who married to rocker and billionaire, etc?

15-10-2012
backstage pass

And here we go again, talking about models' personal life.

And love the choice of models but damn, I would much more prefer a different styling. I hate editorials with jeans. This looks like a secretary/working mum meeting.

fashion elite

Quote:
The industry's top beauties take on three generations of style and beauty, shot behind the lens of Inez & Vinoodh for the beauty special, set to hit stands on October 25.

"With fall in full swing and winter in the not-so-distant horizon, the body and mind start to slow down. It's precisely for this reason that Vogue Paris chose the month of November to showcase the season's most refreshing beauty trends" wrote editor-in-chief Emmanuelle Alt in November's Editor's Letter. Deciphering the secrets behind the art of aging gracefully, the beauty exclusive focuses on the hottest trends, no matter the age, incarnated by top models Daria Werbowy, Stephanie Seymour and Lauren Hutton. Photographed by fashion photography duo Inez & Vinoodh, dressed in jeans and classic starch-white button-ups, the beauties radiate timeless elegance, and they are not alone. As the pages unfold, some of the industry's most celebrated women fall under the gaze, from Tatjana Patitz to Penelope Tree passing by Yasmin Le Bon. Side-by-side with the industry's veteran cover girls, Vogue Paris also shines a spotlight on the three newcomers, Kati Nescher, Nadja Bender and Cora Emmanuel, deemed by our editorial team as faces to follow. From long-time beauty queens to freshman faces, this Vogue Paris beauty special has no age limit.
vogue.fr

15-10-2012
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thefrenchy View Post
Wish there were three different covers...
I don't think it would've had the same impact if there were three different covers. With all three of them in the same shot you can see the difference in their personalities and their age clearly. There's a wow factor because you have three modeling icons sharing one cover. I do think it's a bit strange they chose Stephanie. I'd have preferred Christy Turlington, but I can't really complain with such a lovely cover.

15-10-2012
backstage pass

Stephanie maybe the only woman in the world that can make mom jeans look good.

15-10-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmrmartinho View Post
Daria looks very good but a model with a better personality would work better here.
I fail to see the problem with Daria's personality, she always seemed very cool, friendly and down-to-earth to me. Anyway, I don't think I have any complaint from this cover, everything from the women to the text is spot-on. And I think it will look even better in real life all glossy etc.

trendsetter

Am I the only one who doesn't actually like the cover, the styling is lackluster and the overall image is quite underwhelming.

15-10-2012
backstage pass

I don't have a problem with the jeans and white shirt at all cause they look so good together! Maybe it's not a stunner but it works and it is a beautiful sight. Love the hair of all three women

French Chic

3 generations of models and they look great. Very clean and fresh and no-one could have predicted these 3 women for this cover.
After last months 'slap around the head' cover, this is a breath of fresh air.

fashion elite

Probably my favourite cover under Alt with the one with Isabeli (June/July 2011) and Gisele for June/July 2012.
This cover is really really amazing, i know this is Daria's 3rd Vogue Paris cover this year but i can't get enough of this woman, she looks amazing, great thrio, bravo Emmanuelle.
Anyway i know people would complain about Emmanuelle for not risk with new models, i think this is her new way... Anna Wintour has the celebrities and i guess Emmanuelle Alt has the SUPERMODELS, i think she'll go with this way, i could be wrong tho but in almost 2 years besides Arizona Muse no new girls or semi-established girls get the covers.

15-10-2012
fashion icon

I love how fresh this cover feels, especially after last month's fiasco, all three women look so relaxed and cool. Sometimes simple styling is the best result because it let's the model's personality shine through. Plus, who doesn't want to age gracefully like Lauren Hutton???

V.I.P.

i LOVE this!!

regarding the earlier comment about a "better personality" re: Daria... i think i'm going to assume that they just meant a "BIGGER" personality. Stephanie is a diva and Lauren is a legend and has always been outspoken. so perhaps that's what they meant. i disagree, though. i think Daria is the perfect choice and perfect compliment.

Stephanie has been on a roll lately. She is the epitome of ageless beauty. just SO sexy.

and Lauren...well what can you say? she's truly iconic.

I also love the simple styling. it let's the women shine and look comfortable and relaxed and coooooool.

GREAT cover!

fashion insider

It's a fun cast of models but visually it's a great big yawn. It reminds me of the cover with Meryl Streep, Kate Winslet, Penelope Cruz etc. which I also wasn't fond of. It's not dynamic, and just another swing and a miss cover wise for VP.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2012, daria, inez, lauren, november, paris, stephanie, vinoodh, vogue