How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

15-10-2012
.my prison is your brain.

All three ladies together make for a great cover, and they all look stunning. However, the white collar shirt and jeans remind me of those awful family beach photos where everyone dresses in matching clothing. Yes, I get that the two articles of clothing are a "timeless" pairing, but also a terribly over-abused walking cliche at this point. Coordinated outfits would have been a better choice. Overall though, I do love this, and can look past the styling (or lack thereof).

Last edited by HeatherAnne; 15-10-2012 at 12:46 PM.

15-10-2012
V.I.P.

Quite a feat to produce such a boring and stale cover with three such iconic models. This looks like some random shot from an Age issue of US Vogue. Or a promo for a 90's TV show. Totally not cover worthy. It's crazy how much I'm losing interest in Vogue Paris lately. Hopefully the content won't be as lackluster again, too.

15-10-2012
V.I.P.

This is one stellar cover! The cast is amazing and I love the simple styling. Definitely have to get this one. Can't wait for the review!

15-10-2012
fashion elite

the styling is compete sh*t. how they can manage to make those three women look boring is beyond me.

15-10-2012
Ère de ℳodernité

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALAUU View Post
I don't think it would've had the same impact if there were three different covers. With all three of them in the same shot you can see the difference in their personalities and their age clearly. There's a wow factor because you have three modeling icons sharing one cover. I do think it's a bit strange they chose Stephanie. I'd have preferred Christy Turlington, but I can't really complain with such a lovely cover.
I'm not going to lie, if I admitted to wanting separate covers, it was only because I'd have loved to have a Lauren Hutton cover

I agree with you regarding the fact that Christy would have been a better choice...

backstage pass

I think the better trio would have been Daria, Naomi and Lauren. Stephanie is as irrelevant to fashion as Tyra...

15-10-2012
clo
V.I.P.

This is one great cover. Three beautiful women shown in simplicity, which means that you don't need a lot of make-up or expensive clothes to make women look amazing.

15-10-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenway View Post
Am I the only one who doesn't actually like the cover, the styling is lackluster and the overall image is quite underwhelming.
same here

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlamorousBoy View Post
jeans and white shirt? seriously?
it actually looks very relaxed and Parisian imo. I like this cover, the models mesh beautifully.

15-10-2012
backstage pass

fabulous cast! Though i have mixed feelings about the styling, in one aspect it makes me think that they look like extras on the 90s 90210..............but then again they is something chic and nonchalant about how easy and clean the cover is.

V.I.P.

Werbowy? Come on Alt try to be creative some time. That said, I really like the cover and Stephanie and Lauren look amazing!

15-10-2012
███████████████

A Simple good cover

15-10-2012
V.I.P.

I feel I'd dig this even more if it weren't for Lauren's random smile. I understand it's her trademark but I feel that's all I see from her nowadays.

I do love the chic styling though. You can never go wrong with blue jeans and a simple button up.

15-10-2012
backstage pass

Great models.

I'm with those who find this a huge yawn when it comes to execution. Emmanuelle sure has the right touch when it comes to picking the most bland, common, and catalogue shots when it comes to covers. Stonewashed, high-waisted jeans paired with oversized white shirts-- how very 1990 of you VP. And Lauren looks like David Letterman here, just horrible. Nice work, Emmanuelle.

15-10-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREVOFASHIONISTO View Post
it actually looks very relaxed and Parisian imo. I like this cover, the models mesh beautifully.
Exactly, the outfits compliment the theme of the issue. The jeans and white shirts are timeless, wearable and effortless no matter what age.

I'm thrilled with the cover subjects, Stephanie's a welcomed choice.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2012, daria, inez, lauren, november, paris, stephanie, vinoodh, vogue