How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

24-09-2009
fashion insider

P.S Thanks for all of the scans Laetitia!

24-09-2009
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdyandme View Post
All i'm saying is - I can't understand why in the last year Kate has started taking an absolute bashing on these boards.
I just find it strange that people hold someone up on a pedestal for the last 19 years, and then tear them down because they're starting to look old. Which is what the majority of the comments have been about.
It´s not about her age but her work as a model. imo lately she´s been lacking range, looking always the same, old-tired-bored... maybe it´s the photographers´fault but because she´s KATE MOSS I expect more from her. 19 years ago she used to smile, when was the last time she looked happy on an ed/cover? (well, in W sep cover she kinda smiled but it´s not the same), she used to look sexy without looking tired... the overexposure doesn´t help, it only makes it more obvious.

I don´t think that people are bashing her, it´s just that they´re expressing their oppinions which happen to be very similar...

Last edited by kokobombon; 24-09-2009 at 07:26 PM.
24-09-2009
trendsetter

I partly agree, but reversibly, in the 90's, you would see a lot of girls laughing, smiling, having fun, the 00's is more about the long faces.(I'm not talking about Kate specifically but it's just something I noticed while browsing mags from the 90's).

old-fashioned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokobombon View Post
19 years ago she used to smile, when was the last time she looked happy on an ed/cover? (well, in W sep cover she kinda smiled but it´s not the same), she used to look sexy without looking tired... the overexposure doesn´t help, it only makes it more obvious.
that's what i always complain about - not about kate moss herself, but how she's been portrayed. i blame the fashion editors and the photographers more than her because the very few times i've seen her smiling in recent eds, she looked amazing. and not just smiling, but more spontaneous like in that Love ed by mert & marcus. she's much more versatile face-wise than she seems to be in eds like this one - which i like a lot, but it's not very different from what she's been doing for a while now. seems like just because she's kate moss, people don't want to "mess" with her image very much, like they always want her very recognizable, always that sexy/open-mouth look, messy hair, leather/studs styling, etc. she's always 'herself' in her eds, not a character, which can get quite boring.
now talking about versatility, lara stone seems to be the only model they 'explored' a bit more here (maybe more than the entire february issue), judging by the previews. but overall i think it's a good issue, great cover, nice eds. i'm very glad kate wasn't over-airbrushed in her ed by the way. i guess that's its big differential compared to the rest of her recent work.

V.I.P.

^^maybe the "new generation" models I like the most smile more often
I thought it was because of the photographers she´s been working with lately but Testino shot her for Vogue UK and it´s the same, which is a pity since some of the most beautiful and memorable "smiling Kate" pics were his... anyway, I´m done venting my frustration

24-09-2009
███████████████

are diferent times diferent style of model but Kate alwys is Kate smile or not and 19 year here to one girl is much.

25-09-2009
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdyandme View Post
I don't take kindly to patronization

All i'm saying is - I can't understand why in the last year Kate has started taking an absolute bashing on these boards.
I just find it strange that people hold someone up on a pedestal for the last 19 years, and then tear them down because they're starting to look old. Which is what the majority of the comments have been about.

I couldn't care less if people just don't like her, or never have?
I don't mind anyone looking older... basically all my favorite models look a little bit older now... I just don't like when they make them look unrealistically good... that's it...

25-09-2009
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thiago:) View Post
Loved Diane's pictures She should have got the cover
Would be great but then it would not be a top model issue even though Diane did some modelling too...

25-09-2009
V.I.P.

i don't wanna go back into the "top/super-model" debate.
i thought supermodel was indeed never used in french.
what a surprise to read in this issue of Vogue Paris that french journalists of VP use the "supermodel" term to define Naomi, Linda etc. and "über-model" to define Gisele Bündchen.

When you read "boring" (literally !) in a french article, you can only question the validity of some of their journalists. is ennuyeuse or ennuyante too "boring" to use it ?
et dire that decades ago Edmonde Charles-Roux was EIC of Vogue Paris ..........

but fashion magazines are not dogma so ..... forget about it !

25-09-2009
V.I.P.

I received it this morning!

The supplement is so great.

front row

Supplement's Cover

Scan By Me

25-09-2009
front row

Lara

Scan by me

25-09-2009
backstage pass

Thanks for your scans Laetitia

I like Lara's ed but it's so disconnected. The first half has no relation to the second.

25-09-2009
MON
V.I.P.

Another Lara ed that I LOVE! She's so gorgeous!

V.I.P.

Sorry to bother you guys but most of you are experts in the magazine thing.. I'm a subscriber to Vogue Paris and I signed up for 10 magazines.. This october issue should be my last and tenth one but I got a letter today saying that my subscription has ended ("Votre abonnement à VOGUE est terminé") and I'm just wondering if I'll get this issue or not...

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2009, inez, kate, lamsweerde, matadin, moss, october, paris, van, vinoodh, vogue