How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

17-10-2009
trendsetter

anyone saw the missing page of anna S's ed?.....there are 6 pictures....

17-10-2009
V.I.P.

^ I think there are only 5 photos in that ed.

V.I.P.

Yes I noticed the shot from Anna's Bijoux edirorial that wasn't posted, it's on page 214.

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanna View Post
^ Also Karen Elson did the same thing with Steven Klein for Vogue IT March 2004, which didn't cause any controversy at that time. So Steven Klein tends to like this kind of things.
There are more examples of the same idea going through more than one editorial. I'd say that I think Inez & Vindooh seem to like that as well, didn't they photograph Eniko for Self Service or something of the sort painted all black? And I believe they might've done something similar in an ed with Abbey Lee too. I also seem to remember an ed with Olya Ivanisevic where she was painted black but I don't remember who photographed it and where it's from.

My question (after we've cited all the instances where this has happened before): why all the hoopla now? It's hardly the first time something like this has happened. And like tigerrouge said, I find this more potentially controversial:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerrouge View Post
As a side note, I seem to remember some photographer doing a shoot where Lara was styled as a bare-breasted native of some tribe. If the Paris Vogue image got people excited, that series would have them apoplectic. I can't remember if she was painted any particular colour in it, but if she was... blackface and boobs, it would be hypocritical heaven for the newspapers.

18-10-2009
V.I.P.

I think it's only making news now because of the Australian 'Hey Hey it's Saturday' Jackson Five skit - which was in the Australian, US, (and IDK where else) headlines a week prior to this story and sited in the majority of these VP articles.

18-10-2009
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vogue28 View Post
Yes I noticed the shot from Anna's Bijoux edirorial that wasn't posted, it's on page 214.
Ok, I must be blind then...

I'll scan it tomorow.

V.I.P.

Rerally strange, all the issues in my local bookshop carried the A/W DVD supplement from last August.

18-10-2009
V.I.P.

^ Strange things are going with VP supplements.

If I have magazine itself I don't care about them.

18-10-2009
front row

I was really amazed by how this racism thing blew up everywhere. I don't find it racist at all really, but I guess everyone here is a fashion fan so we see editorials in a completely different light. When it comes down to it I wonder if anyone would be complaining half as much if it was a 'high' art thing rather than fashion related - it just seems like with fashion nobody's willing to look for a message or a meaning, it obviously just has to be some kind of horrible, superficial, cold hearted stab at a minority. It doesn't matter that VP is essentially quite a niche magazine for a niche crowd who generally would understand what the editors are trying to go for - if it's fashion it's apparently shallow, and some kind of attempt to brainwash the masses into seeing the world in the warped, materialistic way that the fashion crowd are supposed to see it. I mean, really, people should just think about things before they cry wolf.

Rant over, sorry

V.I.P.

Missing pic from Anna's ed (posted in #356):

La couleur de l'or
Photographed by Claudia Knoepfel & Stefan Indlekofer
Styled by Véronique Didry
Model: Anna Selezneva

scanned by Diorette

trendsetter

thanks Diorette!...

22-10-2009
V.I.P.

If I&V didn't shoot the cover, I wouldn't have bought this. Nothing really stood out. In the end only Lara's ed got me really excited.

30-10-2009
Some Like It Hot

^i got the DVD aswell which i thought was strange , i just picked up my issue and i was thinking why couldn't they have included it with the august issue (which it was meant for) if you look it matches with daria's cover (obviously)

Anna's ed has 6 pages

my favorite ed has to be actrice modele with diane kruger or maybe kate's because it has emmanuelle alt wrote all over it

can someone please confirm with me that the photo that accompanies 'remise a neuf' is it natasha (poly) ? i am convinced its her

V.I.P.

^Yes it's Natasha Poly.

rising star

a paris vogue‘s paris vogue...no surprise,btw though I don't like anna s,I have to admit she is really a powerful and flithe model

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2009, inez, kate, lamsweerde, matadin, moss, october, paris, van, vinoodh, vogue