How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

19-09-2012
less is more

And who actually cares about George Michael any more? This is just sad.

19-09-2012
V.I.P.

monstrous cover

Mr. Zhivago

At least they both look pretty

19-09-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikel View Post
It looks like a paparazzi shot taken at Madame Tussauds.
my thoughts

just the worst cover to date. unappealing and amateur.

clever ain't wise

They look good....

19-09-2012
front row

Awful awful awful. First of all, who cares about George Michael anymore!?!?!? And they photoshopped this way too much. That dress on Kate looks awful. It's not a flattering dress, it's too covered up, and it's not made for her body. And why did they give her two consecutive covers? That's something Vogue UK would do...

19-09-2012
V.I.P.

worst VP cover since Alt took over.

19-09-2012
fashion icon

Worst without competition.

19-09-2012
tfs star

Very candid & George looks like a wax figure!
But I love Kate, she looks very elegant and poised, very french!

V.I.P.

Seriously this is the cover. Whoa. I thought it was one of those "covers" within the mag. Bazaar does it. This is not that good but Kate looks fab in red.

And George was amazing at the closing ceremony if you ask me

19-09-2012
Some Like It Hot

I was so excited to see this and it's fallen completely flat for me.

The overall styling seems fit for December/January, it has a Christmas vibe to the whole shot, but the thing that is bugging me the most is what is going on with Kate's hair ? it looks a mess.

The shot is completely off, they shouldn't of used Mario to shoot this, I just feel most of his work lately falls flat and feels generally out dated, but saying that this looks like something he'd produce for UK Vogue so yes, generally out dated.

That horrid 'George & Kate' is irritating me also, we all know who George and Kate are, so I think they overly stated the obvious and in the process put the last nail in the coffin for this mess.

Although as I said, Kate's hair is annoying me, could George not keep a straight face ?

I'm hoping the editorial will be a little better, but generally their content is always spot on.

fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thefrenchy View Post
I think they got their font mistaken, that's Grazia not Vogue Paris.

ETA: Seems that the Grazia reference came to mind to many of us
loooooool totally!! My gosh this is aweful!!! Is Testino the new Richardson in terms of bad photography? To me he kind of does nowadays. The cover is pure disaster:

- Kate is like on the cover every month of either British Vogue or Vogue Paris = REALLY??? There aren't any other great models out there in the world???
- How creative Kate guested on George's video so it equals the cover for Vogue Paris omg Emmanuelle is clueless
- The photo itself now: it looks fake!!! Gosh it seems a kid did this, sooo many people here in the cover challenge would have done a much much better job. The lighting, the retouching, the typo = badddddddd

So ready for November? Kate I guess?

V.I.P.

What a dreadful cover! I find it hard to believe that this is actually Vogue Paris. So tacky and forced.

And Kate again? Seriously? They are overusing her to the point where it gets boring. Kate is an icon and I love her but there are so many new models who deserve a chance to get a VP cover too!

19-09-2012
Some Like It Hot

George is actually relevant at the moment I have to say, he's just kicked off his new world tour which is currently in the UK, he has a new album out etc... I think there are people on a lot of magazine covers, both currently and in the past who have been totally irrelevant and I'm not saying VP have done this but other publications certainly have, so if anything George is relevant, not in terms of in modern culture of 20 somethings, but isn't Vogue Paris' demographic women in their 40's ? So I think this fits their target audience, his concert was mostly attended by 40-something women (and men).

Has anyone else spotted what looks like a traffic warden in the background behind George ?

V.I.P.

What a horrible cover! It does look like one of those cheap weekly tabloids, this even puts Vanity Fair use of celeb paparazzi candids look professional. And then the dreadful lay out, oh lord. And i love Kate, but for crying out loud give some other models a chance.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2012, george, kate, mario, michael, moss, october, paris, testino, vogue