How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

19-09-2012
MON
V.I.P.

I am a huge fan of Emmanuelle and her tenure in Vogue Paris but this has got to be her worst cover to date and by far the worst cover the entire magazine has produced this year. I am not feeling the vibe! After Mert and Marcus` ethereal take on Kate Moss last month, Testino gives us this? Kate looks really aged here and she`s not that appealing. This does not attract me at all. There`s no spark in it. It could`ve been better if the two had a bit of chemistry but there`s none.. I am not even enthralled to see the main editorial.

I am seriously disappointed because Alt has given us striking after striking covers then this happened. Hoping that this is just one of the many covers. I am really hoping.

19-09-2012
tfs star

when I saw the title of the thread, I already grunting "ugh why Kate again?" No offense of the fans but I'm tired to see her anywhere and when I saw the cover, I thought I;m looking at Vanity Fair cover

19-09-2012
.my prison is your brain.

It looks like a celebrity rag

19-09-2012
she's got the look

Ugh, his eyebrows are so distractive Honestly, I couldn't even watch his whole video with Kate... I guess the cover is a perfect reflection.

fashion icon

This looks like something Vanity Fair would put on their cover and that is not a good thing.

19-09-2012
windowshopping

so much photoshop to just make that cover even worse lol

19-09-2012
V.I.P.

wow this is the worst VP cover that I've ever seen.

A TOTAL DISASTER! Looks like a more tasteless version of a Vanity Fair cover

19-09-2012
fashion insider

My opinion would have been different if they used the models from his Freedom video being present instead of Kate Moss.

backstage pass

Pfff Kate Moss again? & 2 months in a row! How many VP covers does Kate have in her pocket thnx to Alt? 5.. 6?

The cover is really weird but I'm sure Alt will give Kate a new VP cover soon to make this up.

BTW- Why George Michael & Kate Moss?! This could have been nice 20 years ago when they were "hot".

Last edited by DutchHomme; 19-09-2012 at 08:33 AM.
19-09-2012
V.I.P.

Simply grotesque. Looks like something Vanity Fair would do when they can't get a celebrity to do a proper photoshoot - use a paparazzi shot and photoshop the life out of it. I've been a constant supporter of Alt for VP (save for that Marion cover), but there is no reason why a magazine of this caliber should be producing this kind of covers. It's cheap and vulgar.

And a problem no less important - Kate Moss again? Second month in a row. Third cover since April 2011. The woman is tired beyond belief at this point, when will magazine editors get that? But even if she weren't/isn't, are there really no better models to put on the cover? They should've at least given the third cover last month to someone else if they were going to put Kate again this month. Blegh.

I do love the typeface though, I don't know why everyone is hating on that, lol.

V.I.P.

This does look like Vanity Fair and the typeface does look amateurish. Thoroughly disappointed in Testino. I don't expect much from him these days, but this looks like some candid shot and photoshopped for the cover. Two of my favorite people on one of the worst covers.

backstage pass

This makes me really angry. What Alt is doing to Vogue Paris is really abominable and someone needs to stop her. The same models covering every issue, the lackluster editorials, zero creativity or imagination. The magazine has become as dull as a stone. The magazine does nothing to nurture new modeling talent and having Kate on so many covers is seriously laughable. Alt needs to go!

19-09-2012
boop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanelcouture09 View Post
George is actually relevant at the moment I have to say, he's just kicked off his new world tour which is currently in the UK, he has a new album out etc... I think there are people on a lot of magazine covers, both currently and in the past who have been totally irrelevant and I'm not saying VP have done this but other publications certainly have, so if anything George is relevant, not in terms of in modern culture of 20 somethings, but isn't Vogue Paris' demographic women in their 40's ? So I think this fits their target audience, his concert was mostly attended by 40-something women (and men).

Yes to all of this. Just because he isn't Justin Bieber, Justin Timberlake or any of the other untalented hacks who are repeatedly shoved in our faces doesn't mean that he's irrelevant.

The weakest link in this cover is Kate and I love Kate, but I want to see more energy - she seems a little tired in this shot.

19-09-2012
backstage pass

remind me of Doutzen's first VP cover

19-09-2012
V.I.P.

holy balls, is this really the cover? i saw it earlier and didn't even bother looking at it twice haha.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2012, george, kate, mario, michael, moss, october, paris, testino, vogue