How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

20-09-2012
V.I.P.

By the way, not sure it was said before but Kate wears Mugler on the cover !
Which makes sense ....

I'm just very disturb by the choice of this particular image and the execution to be honest ...
There really is something wrong

20-09-2012
Alluring

Where did they dig out this shot, Just Jared?

20-09-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikel View Post
^Judging by the previews, it seems this issue is nothing to be excited about.
My sentiments exactly, and I cannot believe I'm even thinking such a thought. But then again, I do love the C'est Vogue and Bijoux sections. Plus, I cannot moan about a Kendra Spears edit.

For someone in Milan, the issue is out at Largo Treves. I noticed this particular issue on an Instagram photo, on CR Fashion Book's account, of all places.

Mr. Magic

Facebook/Nicola Formichetti

(IT'S GOING DOWN
)
MENS Runway Model Showlists - Mens RTW S/S 2015
20-09-2012
V.I.P.

The amount of airbrushing they have done on Kate's face is shocking to me, it seems like its way more than usual. Her face looks like she is 50 trying to be 20! Never a good look, and its sad, because i just saw a candid of her out in Milan looking glowing, and beautiful out and about in the daylight.

20-09-2012
Ère de ℳodernité

^^ Not enough photoshop

V.I.P.

I hadnt pay attention to the title : La pop star tombe la top model
Seriously ?????????? O M G !!
I couldn't translate correctly with the correct English level of vocabulary ... But it's very familiar way of speaking ....

20-09-2012
there is no fear

This cover is happening because ... ?

BerlinRocks, i noticed that too. Should be "tombe pour la top model" no ? (falls for the supermodel)

Last edited by hfgl; 20-09-2012 at 10:53 AM.
20-09-2012
V.I.P.

Tomber pour la top model would mean he's having a coup de foudre for her ...
Tomber la top model, means his sex appeal, his flirt attack made Kate fall in love with him (and they had sex, in the end) ... it's something a hip hop kind of guy from Harlem (in a French version) or a guy with a bad vocabulary and no good education would say ... it's not a correct French !! I guess it's a joke to appear young, but that's so ridiculous !

20-09-2012
Ère de ℳodernité

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerlinRocks View Post
I hadnt pay attention to the title : La pop star tombe la top model
Seriously ?????????? O M G !!
I couldn't translate correctly with the correct English level of vocabulary ... But it's very familiar way of speaking ....
What is it even supposed to mean, anyway? Some say "tomber la veste" (ie: undressing or getting ready to fight) but I never heard it used with a person instead... Does it mean he's undressing her ????? Is it a pun???? Or is it from the word "tombeur", which would imply he seduced her????

ETA: Just read your post, Berlin

Last edited by Thefrenchy; 20-09-2012 at 11:09 AM.
20-09-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Dalloway View Post
The amount of airbrushing they have done on Kate's face is shocking to me, it seems like its way more than usual. Her face looks like she is 50 trying to be 20! Never a good look, and its sad, because i just saw a candid of her out in Milan looking glowing, and beautiful out and about in the daylight.
That part killed me, lol. Sounds like someone who's seen aliens. Is seeing Kate Moss looking half-way decent in the daylight really rare these days? Well, it hasn't stopped fashion honchos from fawning themselves over her still.

Also, I agree that the inside content doesn't look any better than the cover.

V.I.P.

[quote=BerlinRocks;11060681]Ok ... So first of all, this looks like a Vogue British (or even worse a Grazia UK cover) ...
Why not shooting Johnny Halliday, who's probably gonna die soon ... Why not Polnareff ?
Emmanuelle Alt is a big fan of music, and as a lot of people around the world, pop and rock music influence her creative work. That's quite normal ... And that's for the better ...
*quote]

seriously! how can 'White Light' inspire anyone? it is not even average... the video is below average as well... there is no chemistry between George and Kate in the video and she appears for 5 seconds... the song has not charted (I am not that interested in charts) or made any musical impact... if that's what inpsires Alt I am really sorry for her...

I know, there're many Kate fans here and I might upset some of you, although have no intention to do so but seriously, yes she is gorgeous, yes she is iconic but totally overused too... there are many iconic and gorgeous models apart from Kate... I just find the whole obsession with her a bit insane... that's all...

20-09-2012
fashion icon

Emmanuelle seems to be auditioning for the role of EIC of Rolling Stone with these music-dedicated issues. It's so repetitive. And Mario... he's just so blah. When he's good he's so f-ing good, but when he's bad it's so bad that it hurts your eyes.

20-09-2012
tfs star

Holy craaap...what had she done to VP? This is total bull****...make that pic as the cover and if she tryin to get our attention bashing her job as EIC, she did! This is so bad, as a publication that always serve good cover, now they pretend as a cheesy tabloid. Newhouse should see this pic. Is Alt really good choice as VP EIC now? I hope they just make a joke...

20-09-2012
V.I.P.

I LOVE GM, but sighs, it doesnt even look like him anymore, im disappointed in this cover

Tags
2012, george, kate, mario, michael, moss, october, paris, testino, vogue