How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

19-08-2010
boop

The content sounds almost relentlessly dull. It is almost as though there was a Vogue Paris meeting two years ago where they decided that they were going to start being redundant because it was more cost effective.

Kate Moss by Inez and Vinoodh? Cure for insomnia right there...

The only touch of excitement comes from Lea T, who I am always excited to see. Hopefully Carine and co. will prove me wrong, but I doubt it. This year has been rather dismal for VP, there have been whole issues that I didn't even buy because it just wasn't worth the time or money.

At least this issue has Marion.

19-08-2010
»re de ℳodernitť

This issue sounds promising, I hope to get it tomorrow. I'm really glad to see Marion and she looks gorgeous but WHY ON EARTH did they put the Vogue in blue? It looks sooo out of place.

ɐʎ ʎǝɥ

awesome

tfs star

Again with Marion? Does she have to be on every cover?

19-08-2010

^Actually, I think this is the one cover she should be on

19-08-2010
fashion elite

Again Marion?! 2 Vogue US, Harper's, etc. Pfff boring! Just for her "Inception" movie... Plus, I feel this image looks more like a Dior ad to me than a FASHION cover

fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel29 View Post
I will reserve my judgement until I see the whole issue. But so far, the cover doesn't do it for me. September issues should be about models!
THANK YOUUUUUUUUUUU ! jeez lol

boop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith Akiyama View Post
^Actually, I think this is the one cover she should be on

Amen to that. She's arguably the biggest French actress right now and the face of one of the biggest fashion brands, she should absolutely have this cover, no question.

As for models, I can't honestly say that I'm missing them from this cover... The image is fresh and striking, my life isn't lacking for images of Daria, Lara, Freja, Natasha or any of the other VP favorites. I don't see where having a model on this cover would be an improvement in the slightest.

19-08-2010
fashion elite

I'm glad I only have one more issue of Vogue Paris coming in october and my subscription is over! French Vogue is over! Boring editorials, the same and same photographers and Freja-Lara-Natasha-Daria-Kate coming in every single issue or they alternate from one to another but still it's not exciting anymore as it used to be years ago. Actresses most of the time like Vogue US (but at least their articles and editorials are worth the subscription!). Anyway for my PhD I'll now live in Spain for 3 years coming right this september so I won't have to worry about French Vogue being boring and paying for something I'm not interested into anymore. I mean Carine's choices for themes, models and photographers doesn't do it for me at all. Can't believe people dare to call it the bible, when the real one is US Vogue followed by Italian Vogue in its own way.

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeycombchild View Post
Sounds good to me. Guessing subscriber's got their copies today, any chance I'll be able to pick this up in Paris tomorrow...?
I don't think so. I read the mag will be out the 26th.

19-08-2010
backstage pass

It's so stunning! No wonder she wasn't on the May issue with all the other actresses. It's so French film noir I was like when I read the thread title but I'm pleasantly surprised.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bertrando3 View Post
Can't believe people dare to call it the bible, when the real one is US Vogue followed by Italian Vogue in its own way.
I think the VP team has hit a rut but Vogue Italia is absolutely horrible this year, save the August issue which is up to par with the work Meisel had been doing. Not to mention VI has one of the worst and most uninviting layouts for a magazine of it's caliber imo. Hopefully, Carine and co. start doing something different soon but I love most things VP does and the model choices so I'm not complaining.

utterly superfluous

ETA - I believe Crystal Renn is a part of that Mert & Marcus story as well.

front row

crystal is either shot by terry richardson or mert and marcus.....i heard she shot with both recently for vogue paris

19-08-2010
fashion insider

Holy Sh*t! I just died and went to heaven....

FINALLY

19-08-2010
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thefrenchy View Post
This issue sounds promising, I hope to get it tomorrow. I'm really glad to see Marion and she looks gorgeous but WHY ON EARTH did they put the Vogue in blue? It looks sooo out of place.
That's one thing that I actually like about the cover-the royal blue font. Gives the cover a retro feel. I'm still not sold on the image, though. Though I do think I'm starting to see its appeal.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2010, alas, cotillard, marcus, marion, mert, paris, piggott, september, vogue