How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

14-08-2011
old-fashioned

Oh god what is that Hippie Living ed? It's so bad it makes Natasha's look interesting.
I do like the cover though, and the main ed is nice. And hm, that's about it. What a shame.

14-08-2011
V.I.P.

I don't know who she is. I don't think the cover is that bad, but is it worthy of September's issue?

14-08-2011
tfs star

I'm clearly in the minority here, but damn Charlotte looks stunning on the cover! Can't wait for the issue to hit the stands here.

14-08-2011

how does storemags get their claws on the good stuff so early?

nevermind, this isn't the 'good stuff' actually, but pretty much a regurgitation of all VPs under emmanuele combined. you look at one ed and it feels like you've seen it all. and here i thought i've seen the worst! although charlotte was an interesting covergirl actually... but that cover is all sorts of botched up.

on hindsight, 2012 isn't that far off so maybe this is one of the signs..

front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by candlebougie View Post
Sorry, but I can't take Anja Rubik seriously anymore (as a model).

There are 11 images in the editorial - and her mouth is open in every single one. I can't look at her work anymore without noticing it everytime. This dead-fish-look is so distracting.

I think I have a new drinking game....
don't do it! your liver will hate you!!!

14-08-2011
V.I.P.

i've never really bothered with this Casiraghi girl but she's a fresh choice for a September cover and that's interesting enough for me. but what i find more interesting are the reactions towards this issue; either the followers of this publication are just bogus or downright schizophrenic since i see the same people who've chanted for Carine's demise now bemoaning for her comeback seems like people have been a little too used being shocked monthly with the former editor's repetitive provocations.

the edits are not so bad and i do like the inclusion of some new faces to this magazine like Zuzanna and Sigrid.. however, despite the varying model choices nothing manages to stand out, which makes the whole issue rather bleak; it's a warning sign when my fave editorial from the lot turns out to be the beauty edit. i am still befuddled with what Alt wants the magazine to portray as she's clearly eradicated Carine's image of the stiletto-ed, vampy, smokepuffing French woman.. i guess her version is a freewheelin', natureloving, androgynous female with a penchant for hippie styling?

V.I.P.

i'm not surprised about the price Vogue Paris and Vogue Italia are always more expensive (In America at least) for March and Septembe which is usually $20 and i am glad i can save money for this

14-08-2011
front row

where is Karmen?

fashion icon

I get what Emmanuelle is trying to do, and that is to strictly focus on the fashion. The problem is that as a reader you want to be transported to another world, not just through fashion, but through lifestyle & fantasy. Alt is a stylist, not an editor. It is pretty obvious that she is great at showcasing clothes, but here is no depth behind VP anymore. To say that Natasha's ed is the best is pretty bad, considering this is the freakin' September issue. Carine's VP might have been a bit garish at times, but at least it produced some emotion.

14-08-2011
trendsetter

The eds are decent.. except Anja's

15-08-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AileenK View Post
where is Karmen?
She has one shot on the ed with Sigrid.

15-08-2011
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Style Savvy View Post
She has one shot on the ed with Sigrid.

storemags via visualoptimism

this one?

fashion icon

Personally, I have no problem with the cover, it's even refreshing to someone else than the regular VP girls on the cover. And it's interesting to see Mario Testino back to work for Vogue Paris after Carine's departure.

But the content is the same old thing. Really disappointed! I think I should stop purchasing Vogue Paris. The only ed that excites me is Natasha's one.

15-08-2011
fashion elite

Regardless of it being a "September issue" or not, personally don't what the deal is, this issue is a massive fail. The cover is screams "WTF is that?" and the editorials lack creativity both in theme and the continual reinforcing 'typing' of a handful of models. I'm also getting tired of the colour hues that their using where its saturated or something.

15-08-2011
fashion icon

I agreed the cover wasn't attractive at all but the editorials weren't that bad overall they keep vogue Paris spirit in a way.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2011, casiraghi, charlotte, mario, paris, september, testino, vogue