How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

15-08-2011
MON
V.I.P.

I stared at the cover for quite some time and I realized that it's not that bad. It's just simple and not meant for a September issue. The only problem here is the FONT. Imagine if this was paired with the Elegance of CASLON it couldve been a million times better!
Posted via Mobile Device

15-08-2011
backstage pass

i actually really like this issue.unfortunately the cover could've been much better,but i guess i'm going to like it when i buy it.

15-08-2011
fashion insider

i actually like this cover, its simple yet very pretty, don't get all these complaints..

V.I.P.

I don't see anyrhing wrong with the cover or the inside editorials. I was expecting more of a change though.

15-08-2011
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AileenK View Post
storemags via visualoptimism

this one?
I think that's Sigrid.

Quote:
I get what Emmanuelle is trying to do, and that is to strictly focus on the fashion. The problem is that as a reader you want to be transported to another world, not just through fashion, but through lifestyle & fantasy. Alt is a stylist, not an editor. It is pretty obvious that she is great at showcasing clothes, but here is no depth behind VP anymore. To say that Natasha's ed is the best is pretty bad, considering this is the freakin' September issue. Carine's VP might have been a bit garish at times, but at least it produced some emotion.
Didn't Carine start as a stylist too before working for French vogue ?
I think we should let Alt some time to figure out which direction she wants to bring French vogue to.
And most people are mad at her for not choosing their favorite model on the cover a.k.a. Lara Stone or Daria

V.I.P.

I don't get the hate the cover is getting, tbh.
Most people have been complaining about the same cover girls being used all the time, and finally they put someone fresh and interesting on the cover and it's still getting wank over creativity and boringness. If by that most people complain about the styling/pose, fine. Charlotte is no model, remember that. And I don't think it was the meaning to portray her as such.

15-08-2011
don't look down

I am another person who has yet to buy an issue of Vogue Paris under Alt. I feel that you have to give any new editor a while for her aims to come into focus, but so far, the content has seemed more like a nice catalogue than a magazine that is trying to speak to me. The missing element is not images of provocation but something more abstract - a sense of the relationship between readers and the pages they hold in their hands. Each editor has to find a way of making that come alive. Generally, I find the energy level of the imagery is rather low, so I wish it was countered by sharper, more vigorous design. Anything soft or generic is going to add to the inertia, rather than complement the mood created in the editorials.
Posted via Mobile Device

15-08-2011
fashion elite

Never change TFS.

If Alt had put some world-famous celebrity, you would be complaining about over-exposure, but instead you're complaining about Charlotte not being famous enough (note: there is a world outside the US and the mainstream celeb culture). Calling her a 'nobody' while demanding a model in her stead is also highly ironic considering the fact that all high-fashion models beside Kate and Gisele are 'nobodies'.

That said, this cover/ed would have been more suited for the December/January issue. I would have liked to see Charlotte (who is a cultured, intelligent young woman) as a guest editor. As it stands, putting her on the September issue was misguided and, compared to what Vogue US and W have put forward, the result is completely anti-climatic.

15-08-2011
trendsetter

Natasha's editorial is wonderful reminds me one ed of Susan Holmes called Winter-Masche also shot by Hans Feurer.

backstage pass

I really don't get the hate this time Charlotte is perfect fof VP.
The main ed is amazing Anna de Rijk looks good and I also love Joan+Hailey editorial.The others eds are mediocre or below.

Last edited by Dorléac; 15-08-2011 at 07:13 AM.
15-08-2011
fashion insider

I had no idea who this woman was, and now i was enlightened by my fellow TFS FM I'm even less interested. There is something a bit manly about the cover that i do not like.

15-08-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harumi View Post
Never change TFS.

If Alt had put some world-famous celebrity, you would be complaining about over-exposure, but instead you're complaining about Charlotte not being famous enough (note: there is a world outside the US and the mainstream celeb culture). Calling her a 'nobody' while demanding a model in her stead is also highly ironic considering the fact that all high-fashion models beside Kate and Gisele are 'nobodies'.
I agree that I'm a little surprised people don't know who Charlotte is...yes, she's not as world famous as the Windsors will ever be, but she is top billing. And I would say, other than the current Duchess of Cambridge, she is pretty much the only other "princess" worth knowing about. She carries a lot of mystique.

15-08-2011
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUXXX View Post
I agree that I'm a little surprised people don't know who Charlotte is...yes, she's not as world famous as the Windsors will ever be, but she is top billing. And I would say, other than the current Duchess of Cambridge, she is pretty much the only other "princess" worth knowing about. She carries a lot of mystique.
I honestly never heard of her. I have absolutely nothing against "unknown" celebs on the cover of mags(if we must have a celeb) if they are relevant in any way, much better than having the usual suspects over and over again. I just think royals are pretty much pointless people, I guess that maybe explains why this girl was not on my radar.

Last edited by Les_Sucettes; 15-08-2011 at 08:20 AM.
15-08-2011
backstage pass

I'm a big fan of Anja and Natasha, but I'm little bored them in VP.
Dear Alt, I want to see various models.

Last edited by chrisis511; 15-08-2011 at 08:46 AM.
15-08-2011
V.I.P.

^ What about Joan, Hailey, Zuzanna and Kristina?

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2011, casiraghi, charlotte, mario, paris, september, testino, vogue