How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

15-08-2011
fashion insider

i would to see Daria in VP soon!!!!! please!

15-08-2011
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerrouge View Post
I am another person who has yet to buy an issue of Vogue Paris under Alt. I feel that you have to give any new editor a while for her aims to come into focus, but so far, the content has seemed more like a nice catalogue than a magazine that is trying to speak to me. The missing element is not images of provocation but something more abstract - a sense of the relationship between readers and the pages they hold in their hands. Each editor has to find a way of making that come alive. Generally, I find the energy level of the imagery is rather low, so I wish it was countered by sharper, more vigorous design. Anything soft or generic is going to add to the inertia, rather than complement the mood created in the editorials.
Posted via Mobile Device
Well stated.
Excluding some of her later issues, Carine's Vogue Paris was desirable.
Alt has yet to have established the new aesthetic of the magazine; she seems to want a more airy, prim look, but hasn't quite shifted into her vision.

15-08-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harumi View Post
(note: there is a world outside the US and the mainstream celeb culture).
Not to be too pedantic on your post, Harumi but except for one guy, the rest of the users with no clue on who Charlotte is and offended by her anonymity are all in Europe.

backstage pass

I would never want to wish anyone lose their job in this bad economy but Alt is seriously pushing it.

15-08-2011
rising star

I don't mean to sound arrogant but I don't understand how people who frequent a fashion website and those who have thousands of posts to their name still have no idea who she is. Both her and her brothers frequently pop up on the "today's post" section on this website, and just recently it was announced that Frida Giannini would be making an outfit for her for the Global Champions Tour.

15-08-2011
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by MulletProof View Post
Not to be too pedantic on your post, Harumi but except for one guy, the rest of the users with no clue on who Charlotte is and offended by her anonymity are all in Europe.
Fair enough.

15-08-2011
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by gallianoboy View Post
I don't mean to sound arrogant but I don't understand how people who frequent a fashion website and those who have thousands of posts to their name still have no idea who she is. Both her and her brothers frequently pop up on the "today's post" section on this website, and just recently it was announced that Frida Giannini would be making an outfit for her for the Global Champions Tour.
even though i know who she is i can totally understand how someone wouldn't know who she is. she is a princess of a little country in europe who shuns the spotlight and isn't photographed often (i bet less than 10 times this year alone) let alone covered by the press (especially here in the states) what i don't understand is why people are getting pissed that other people don't know who she is.

15-08-2011
fashion elite

i wouldnt judge alt as of this moment bc it is way too early. there are only 2 issues under her belt(august and september). you cant really judge someone's vision with only 2 issues that she was completely responsible for. i dont think it's fair to judge carine's works just base on her last one year out of her ten years career at french vogue either.

as mentioned b4, alt will feature more french beauties on the cover of french vogue. so i dont think the international readers will be too pleased with that direction but the french readers, which perhaps are the main buyers of the magazine, will find that more appealing.

compared to carine, alt is a bit more conservative but again this is a bit too early to judge her direction.

15-08-2011
fashion elite

sorry to like double post again but i just looked at all the editorial content and i can whole heartedly say this issue is total garbage.

15-08-2011
front row

The picture is a total dissapointment. This girl is absolutely stunning, but the cover is just too french trying to be US vogue. It seems like for once, US vogue overpowered French. Charlotte is so beautiful and they tried to make her too rocker, which I guess is something alt is trying to push for the magazine considering when I think of her I think of Balmain. I still haven't gotten my august issue (books a million is crap, they don't release the issue until a month after they get it.) but I haven't heard any negative things about it. This is going to be a disappointment.

15-08-2011
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by lelaid View Post
even though i know who she is i can totally understand how someone wouldn't know who she is. she is a princess of a little country in europe who shuns the spotlight and isn't photographed often (i bet less than 10 times this year alone) let alone covered by the press (especially here in the states) what i don't understand is why people are getting pissed that other people don't know who she is.
I 100% agree with you. I have heard of her but you could show me a picture of her and I wouldn't have a clue who the hell is was.

15-08-2011
tfs star

Is this really happening? US Vogue is now outdoing VP by miles?! Who would have thought.

15-08-2011
V.I.P.

i really hope VP can be what it used to be...

V.I.P.

The cover is different. The editorials are fine. Problem is that nothing stands out. I've already forgotten what they look like.

tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by gallianoboy View Post
Why is it so hard so believe? I frequent this forum and I have no idea who she is. There are many threads in this forum and people come in here for different reasons. Not everyone visits every single thread. I certainly don't. I could give 2 cents about the royals or the pop culture media and I am certain I am not alone in this. Thousands of posts on tfs have no correlation to the knowledge of who some obscure person may be. It really is not surprising at all for people not to know who she is.
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by Ives927; 15-08-2011 at 08:38 PM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2011, casiraghi, charlotte, mario, paris, september, testino, vogue