How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

16-08-2011
clever ain't wise

It should work but it doesn't. The only thing I like about this issue is the Hans Feurer ed. I wish he could shoot the cover with a spectacular model (so preferably not Natasha but rather Lara or Sasha). Something that looks like his old Kenzo ads or even spookier. He is just the best.

Last edited by iluvjeisa; 16-08-2011 at 06:03 AM.

16-08-2011
front row

people here are mean,Alt is not Roitfeld and vice versa The sex of Roitfeld at vogue Paris is dead and will never come back,accept that,and vive ALT!!!

16-08-2011
V.I.P.

I've just received the issue. Really disappointed that I haven't got the FNO tshirt.

The cover looks even worse and underwhelming in real. I would definitely not pick the issue if I wasn't a subscriber.

French Connection with Hailey and Joan is nice. Seeing Hailey in Vogue Paris is such a great surprise. The ed is quite short but too much would've been...too long. So it's quite okay.

A fleur de peau with Anna de Rijk is boring as hell. The same old thing on repeat.

I won't make any comment on Secrètement Charlotte, I'm not interested at all. Natasha's ed is like "wtf is she wearing?", but it's okay when you consider Anna's and Charlotte's ed. The Bijoux-over-tanned ed with Zuzanna is okay though nothing special. Only happy for her she already has something in VP.
Anja's Hippie Living ed is refreshing. A bit too long but the colors are great.

The "PARIS" in the O is still here. It's gold, not black.

fashion elite

I don't know much about her but I do know that she has one of the most beautiful faces I've ever seen. That makes her fascinating enough to me. I don't mind her being the magazine cover subject.

16-08-2011
V.I.P.

the problem isn't so much that it's Charlotte on the cover, it's more the awful styling that just ruined it.....

16-08-2011
trendsetter

how famous or (in)famous Charlotte can be is not the point... She's a socialité in France and so she has big potential to be at a VP cover. I agree she's not the person to be at the september issue and that the cover picture wasn't the best choice. That's all. Further talking on the topic is unnecesary.

That being said, I would have prefered a model on the cover; not neccesarily the favourites girls of Carinne, but a model.

The future is stupid

Some people know who Charlotte is & some don't. It's quite easy to sit behind a computer & to see the flaws in another person's idiotic viewpoint, but please realize this also means that you are an idiot to someone else. Having a conflict about something like this always goes nowhere.

Let's just try to respect each other's opinions, agree to disagree & move on.

Thank you & enjoy!

16-08-2011
trendsetter

I was shocked that they chose THAT shot as the cover for SEPTEMBER!

16-08-2011
Alluring

I'm sure that if it was Kate, Gisele or Natasha on the cover, people would complain VP is being repetitive, but when they actually come up with a fresh and unexpected choice, people complain it should be a model. Well, anyway. I guess I'm one of the very few who actually love the cover, but it's no surprise given my huge Casiraghi-bias.

I'm also loving Anna de Rijk's shots, that's the repetition I can't get enough of.

16-08-2011
tfs star

regarding the discussion over the fact that they chose charlotte for the cover.. personally, i'm not a fan of it, nor do i know her. but i agree that this shouldn't cause an issue. regardless of who they chose, i'm happy that we at least will not be subject to gisele, freja, or lara covers every or every other month.

it's refreshing to finally see a somewhat new face

V.I.P.

I think charlotte has an aura of coolness that would appeal more if the whole "monaco-royal" thing would be less exploited. everything from helmut newton and vogue paris and farther is obsessed by it... just a year and a half ago the whole issue was "stephanie monaco", and inbetween almost everything is similarly inspired. I believe that vogue paris should broaden their interests and do issues about more interesting people.

I'm sorry, but vogue paris has gone down really bad lately, every issue since mid 2009 has sucked.

you set the scene

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackos View Post
I'm also loving Anna de Rijk's shots, that's the repetition I can't get enough of.
Same here.

17-08-2011
V.I.P.

Love to see Magdalena and Anna in this issue and I like Natasha's ed, but overall I'm not very impressed by the cover and the content...

17-08-2011
backstage pass

So no t-shirt for the subscribers,weird.

17-08-2011
Mr. Magic

The cover looks a lot better here

twitter/vogueparis

(IT'S GOING DOWN
)
MENS Runway Model Showlists - Mens RTW S/S 2015

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2011, casiraghi, charlotte, mario, paris, september, testino, vogue