How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

17-08-2011
fashion insider

I think the cover is absolutely gorgeous ... and its really interesting to see Charlotte on Vogue Paris as well, although I do agree her placement on the September issue was a bit misguided - December/January guest editing would have been a lot more interesting

It looks like a very French issue with Charlotte and Lea so I'm excited ... but these contents I've seen so far aren't really the best just rehashed VP material. Hopefully seeing it in real life, without the over saturation of this storemag site, will change my mind.

Also, what is this lame thing about her "deserving" a cover or not? I don't think any established or newbie model deserves the cover more than she does or vice versa ... as long as whoever is on the cover makes for a good image and story than I'm fine with that. Its a cover people, not a prize

Last edited by Tinsley V; 17-08-2011 at 10:42 AM.

17-08-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flashbang View Post
The cover looks a lot better here
Yes it is. I like the cover a lot. Edds looks nice too. I definately need to see them in print cause it's always looks better than on scans. the issue is quite interesting but in the same time a little bit messy. there is everything and nothing. I guess it could look better if there was a main theme or style in it.

Ps. is it me or Charlotte looks a little bit like Hilary Rhoda on the cover shot?

Last edited by cul8tr; 17-08-2011 at 11:21 AM.
18-08-2011
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinsley V View Post
I think the cover is absolutely gorgeous ... and its really interesting to see Charlotte on Vogue Paris as well, although I do agree her placement on the September issue was a bit misguided - December/January guest editing would have been a lot more interesting

It looks like a very French issue with Charlotte and Lea so I'm excited ... but these contents I've seen so far aren't really the best just rehashed VP material. Hopefully seeing it in real life, without the over saturation of this storemag site, will change my mind.

Also, what is this lame thing about her "deserving" a cover or not? I don't think any established or newbie model deserves the cover more than she does or vice versa ... as long as whoever is on the cover makes for a good image and story than I'm fine with that. Its a cover people, not a prize
I agree.

18-08-2011
front row

better in paper, not online dition!

18-08-2011
rising star

So the issue is available yet ?
I saw someone in the tubestation with the magazine but didn't ask where she got it. But when I went to the press stand, there were only the august issue.

18-08-2011
fashion insider

Sous toutes les coutures
The White Fairy Tale Love Ball

scanned by me

19-08-2011
V.I.P.

Got the issue earlier this week.
It's a real disappointment to me.
Charlotte is very beautiful, but like an other Charlotte (Gainsbourg), the smoky eyes don't fit on her ! There are lot more nice portraits of her in the spread ... But anyway, I'm not EIC so who am I to decide ... But that's really not attractive as a cover to who knows Charlotte Casiraghi is ...
But I was very happy to see that Testino is back in the game. Wasn't it a long time ?
Last time was probably for Charlotte's aunt, non ? ... I don't know ...

Anyway, this is probably the worst September issue I've ever seen for Vogue Paris (yes the Paris is in the O - it's gold, as in gold for royalty that's why you don't see it on the scan).
I do like the new features like Art de vivre (:lifestyle), Portraits (you have some in features, and some in the Fashion section - this month is Lou Doillon, Maïwen and Léa Seydoux, Carole Bouquet and Valérie Lemercier) ...

But it's seriously very poor in FASHION EDITORIALS (3 editorials + 1 Miss Vogue - the Miss Vogue is pretty nice) !
It really misses something that makes me want to reopen it later (probably that weird Beauty article about reinjecting your blood to feel younger).

And no FNO tshirts for subscribers ... What is FNO anyway ?

19-08-2011
V.I.P.

Again and again...I'm disappointed. The cover isn't my cup of tea, but that's what Emmanuelle offered, and I wouldn't say it's bad only because I don't like it. Main ed is nice, nothing more. As for other eds, I really like Miss Vogue. Anja's is terrible and that Zoom section becomes boring already, feels like it's same every month. Isabeli's 3rd shot is gorgeous, and I like 2 shots from Poly's ed (just because of her face expression). Overall, it's bad VP issue, especially for September.

19-08-2011
V.I.P.

^^Fashion Night Out, on Sept.8 in Paris

19-08-2011
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by cul8tr View Post

Ps. is it me or Charlotte looks a little bit like Hilary Rhoda on the cover shot?
I think she looks like a ANTM girl...Raina something!!

19-08-2011
tfs star

^ agreed on the raina similarity! when i first saw the cover, i thought it was miley cyrus tbh :p

V.I.P.

The more I see the cover everywhere...the more I love it. I think she was styled perfect for it--some of the inside pics look a tad Vanity Fair, but the cover image is divine.

19-08-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerlinRocks View Post
(probably that weird Beauty article about reinjecting your blood to feel younger).
.. that sounds so weird indeed, I'm curious.

Hope someone posts the rest of Charlotte's interview eventually, kind of want to change my mind about the poor start of the article.

trendsetter

Emmanuelle Alt sucks...i wont buy Vogue Paris any more

20-08-2011
fashion icon

I'd buy it it wasn't that bad, it's just too exaggerated to say that this issue was really suck I mean even Carine's era or Emmanuelle's era people still critic anyway there's no perfect one.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2011, casiraghi, charlotte, mario, paris, september, testino, vogue