How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

20-08-2011
V.I.P.

I adore the idea of Charlotte on the cover, royalty/unknown celebs being in the magazine like this is a plus for me. I would rather watch this than regular celebs with their amazing "style". So the idea is great, but they choosed a really bad cover. Charlotte is really pretty, and that VP cover is not at all! How could they make such a gorgeous girl like her, looking so average?!

I also like that VP is using only the best models, but they are other great models out there beside Natasha, Anja etc...

20-08-2011
rising star

Did every subscriber receive his/her copy? Or Am I the only one who's still waiting for hers? (I live in Paris)

20-08-2011
backstage pass

A somewhat lone voice here...

It may not be as editorially strong as some may expect, and demand, for a September issue - and my personal favourite, this year, is US Vogue - but it is certainly not 'terrible', 'uninspired' or some of the other adjectives being bandied around here.

I'm looking forward to seeing the issue in paper.

V.I.P.

One thing for certain, I see Emmanuelle's name written across the cover, and I admire that. Maybes the choice is disappointing for a September issue of Vogue Paris. But this is it, and I do actually appreciate the styling and photography. I'm reminded of Cindy Crawford's August 2002 cover, I adore that too.

As for the editorial content I'm underwhelmed. Charlotte's editorial could have been stronger, more about the clothes, similar to the cover shot. For the amount of pages the story takes up, I'm bored after the fourth image. Naturally I'm ecstatic Natasha's ended up in the issue, I can't get enough of that face, which ejects out of the background and styling efforts. Even with Natasha, the David Sims editorial has to be the favourite. Must be the first thing I've appreciated from Emmanuelle in ages, and Sims for that matter. As usual, due to the Vogue Paris' allure, I can not wait to pick this issue up.

V.I.P.

Really.. Are u kidding me, again Natasha and Anja? BOOOORING! I don't have any problem with the cover, sure for a september you expect more, but hey they give me somone other then the usual models so I'm not complaining. And yes, get some Daria please.

22-08-2011
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Style Souk View Post
A somewhat lone voice here...

It may not be as editorially strong as some may expect, and demand, for a September issue - and my personal favourite, this year, is US Vogue - but it is certainly not 'terrible', 'uninspired' or some of the other adjectives being bandied around here.

I'm looking forward to seeing the issue in paper.
So nice to hear your reasonable and positive voice!

24-08-2011
backstage pass

^ well,the cover is actually better irl.

25-08-2011
trendsetter

Did everyone (in the Paris/France area) get an invitation to FNO in Paris ? I have one in the issue I bought yesterday.

backstage pass

I must like mediocre stuff because I'm drooling over this issue, haha. The eds remind me of a lot of the content in 90s US Vogue (was that a backhanded compliment? Haha!) which is why I'm a happy camper over here. And to be frank, I didn't have much of a connection to Carine's vision (I don't mind being alone in that). As for Charlotte, I've been obsessed with her story for years and I'm thrilled to see her in Vogue like this. I'm on board this September, Vogue.

27-08-2011
front row

no mert and marcus - no september issue !

it just doesn't feel right without m&m

28-08-2011
V.I.P.

When I first saw the eds here I thought that I'd appreciate this more than by just seeing storemags' saturated digital HQs.Sadly,after buying this issue today I'm still dissapointed.The only ed that looks good is Natasha's but even that can't make for the overall quantity and quality of the editorials in this issue.The cover does look better in real life,although that's not a big surprise since I'm a sucker for golden Vogue logos.

fashion elite

I bought 3 days ago and the only ad i didnt like was Anna...i know you wanted to show the watches but you didnt need to do it so boring...
I really liked Charlotte add but the main problems are the styling (random and obvious, no personal taste kind of blank) and theres no cohesion!!
I LOVED Funny Face...Alt made a stuning job and Kristina too...she really looked like a boy but a really cute one!!
Natasha ed is STUNING and i dont like Natasha...i really loved all the inspiration and the story!!
Anja ed was really really good...i didnt like the styling in a couple of shots and there was too much fur but I&V made a great job

THE COVER IN PAPER IS REALLY STUNING...CHARLOTTE LOOKS AMAZING AND THE SHINY GOLD VOGUE LETTERS LOOK SO GOOD!!

What a great issue...

29-08-2011
V.I.P.

ebook30

Emmanuelle Alt

Sarah Lavoine by Karim Sadli

29-08-2011
V.I.P.

Daphne Guiness

Lou Doillon by Inez & Vinoodh

Mai Wenn by Inez & Vinoodh

Lea Seydoux by Inez & Vinoodh