How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

14-08-2011
V.I.P.

^yes I just noticed that too... 12.90 € in France what about the rest of the world??

Last edited by tentalicious; 14-08-2011 at 12:19 PM.

14-08-2011
V.I.P.

I really like the cover, Charlotte is a fresh choise. However, the content is boring and underwhelming for a semptember issue.

-- aGGravaTion de caS --

Woww...
Maybe it's because a t shirt about the FNO is supposed to be inside??

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciao!Manhattan View Post
I've just noticed, what's up with the price? They have double it .
I think that's because a Fashion night out tshirt is sold with this issue . There was a preview in the august issue and Anja wore the tshirt.

14-08-2011
V.I.P.

I don't know why everyone's complaining. I mean, were Lara's tits and cooch in every issue really that much better than what we have now?

I quite like the cover. The colors are gorgeous. Charlotte looks pretty. The shot itself is a bit awkward, but I like the imperfection of it. It seems so casual and non-threatening. The highlight for me, however, is Natasha's ed. Just stunning.

trendsetter

^oh yes, I forgot about that. Thanks

███████████████

Loveee the issue i like se Testino again in Vogue Paris Great News

14-08-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ives927 View Post
The cover is one of the worst I've seen. Sorry, but Emmanuelle is completely incapable of producing anything interesting or provoking. She doesn't have the vision to edit or lead a magazine, especially Vogue Paris.

I still have yet to purchase an issue of VP under Emmanuelle.
couldn't agree more with everything you said, i haven't yet bought an issue either.....

14-08-2011
tfs star

As much as I adore Charlotte, I do think this cover was boring. But I pretty much don't care, I'm so excited to see her on the cover! And she looks gorgeous, the clothes are gorgeous, plus, I'm far more interested in the contents of her interview anyway.

14-08-2011
V.I.P.

i think the idea is kind of good,we seen it before those gorgeous face cover with the wind in the hair. but in her just did not work,is not even edgy is just soo blahh!

V.I.P.

I love the second of suspense between seeing "vogue paris september 2011 : .." and having the thread loading and not knowing who the cover star is (yeah, I could see the URL but I like surprises ), I love how great of a surprise this was, it wasn't Natasha Poly or Raquel Zimmermann or whatever, it was someone that's created so much interest for her beauty and life and that's been reluctant to give interviews until very recently.

The pictures came out beautifully, imo. She certainly can look prettier than that but that's only because I don't think Charlotte's ever had that blank canvas/can pull anything off kind of face, excess of makeup and you overpower her.. she manages to look staggering when her face's clean or with minimal makeup.

Now on to the disappointing part: that first part of the interview!! (I'm hoping there's a LOT more to compensate), I know she's very protective of her life but is really horse-riding and writers all this woman can allow herself to share to readers? I certainly don't care what she sleeps in or what she did to the alleged island given to her , but she could be more dimensional and less restrictive, she could even go on a great rant that's worth reading thanks to all the analysis and deep thinking her teacher makes her out to have. I feel like at the end, the only winners of having Charlotte on the cover are Charlotte and Gucci while Vogue Paris and its readers are all fools.

Love Isabeli's 3 pages.
The rest looks as bad as usual, Natasha Poly, Anja, even lovely Anna De Rijk doing the same casual thing she did some months ago.. it's awful.

Last edited by MulletProof; 14-08-2011 at 01:03 PM. Reason: typo
14-08-2011
rising star

Charlotte is a perfect choice for the cover; it's about time she is presented to the world. However, for such a beauty, the problem I have with the cover is that she has on too much ugly makeup. She usually is very fresh-faced. Her ed is the same, so for me the blame is on the makeup artist for creating an ugly look. I love every ed we've seen so far; for all the complaints that it's a boring issue, remember that fashion has done an about face back to the classics and for me, Alt has done it very well. Change is gonna come whether your ready for it or not, so you might as well go with the flow. Carine is Carine and Alt is Alt so of course it's different.

14-08-2011
Unveil Yourself....

So, I take it I am the only person around here that has absolutely no clue who this woman is?
Posted via Mobile Device

14-08-2011
backstage pass

The cover is very..blah. I had really high hopes for the September issue and Alt failed so far with the cover.

14-08-2011
V.I.P.

^

i have to google her to find out who she was!

Quote: