How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

14-08-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JunyaSchick View Post
is it already out? can you buy it?
No it should be out the 22nd august and the subscribers didn't receive it.

14-08-2011
Vogue Paris Intern

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUXXX View Post
This has supposedly been in the works for a long time...nice to see she's finally embracing her public persona. Can't wait to read the interview!!!
The interview is page 3 of this thread (only the beginning of the interview though).

trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokobombon View Post
I wonder if the same people going on and on "carine come back" are the same people that a few months ago were saying how boring and disappointing VP was...

Why is it this expensive?
There's an FNO t-shirt ! There's a picture of Anja wearing it in the august issue.

Wow I'm shocked to see how many people are complaining about the cover. I think it is a nice cover choice. Charlotte's ed may be not that interesting but it's not that horrible.

I love Natasha's ed.

I can't wait to buy this issue and see the rest.

she's got the look

Honestly, I don't have any problems with the cover. I do actually like it. The main editorial looks good as well. I'm surprised to see Testino in VP again...

This might be the first issue under Alt that I like. David Sims' editorial is funny and Natasha's looks great. The rest is quite boring but I couldn't expect more.

backstage pass

For me, it looks like a royalty people magazine cover, not a Vogue cover. It's not fashion, it's... people :/

14-08-2011
fashion insider

i like the cover & the editorial content is superb.
i'd rather see royalty on the cover than another annoying actress.

with as obsessed as the public has been with the two most recent royal weddings, this is a fitting choice to move magz off the stands.

14-08-2011
front row

we need carine!!!!!!!!!!!!

14-08-2011
front row

at least i am happy for kristina to be in it!!!! finally a new girl in vogue paris

14-08-2011
V.I.P.

I like the f*ck you-ness of her expression.

14-08-2011
fashion elite

I don't know who she is, and as always with Vogue Paris I'm soo bored with their covers, Alt didn't just took the reign of French Vogue, she killed the magazine lol. I'm sure just by the look of this poorly-done cover that it won't be a best seller issue and why did they poorly constructed the coverlines + picked a weird mouth expression for their front September most important covers??? I just and will never understand this magazine's point of view. Yes Ok it's fresh but a nobody on a september cover + a bad image = I meannn do I have to say more? There isn't a styling for her hair whatsoever and it's supposed to be a FASHION magazine ... Where the hell then is the fashion??? We don't see the clothes!

fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ives927 View Post
The cover is one of the worst I've seen. Sorry, but Emmanuelle is completely incapable of producing anything interesting or provoking. She doesn't have the vision to edit or lead a magazine, especially Vogue Paris.

I still have yet to purchase an issue of VP under Emmanuelle.
OMFG every single picture in that issue looks BAD! Where's the creative gone? Vogue Paris 10 years ago used to be cool, then it got lame with the same same same same models and very uninspiring articles (and I'm French so I know, especially when I do compare then these articles with Spanish, Italian, American and British Vogue which I also read carefully) and then it got Alt lol! Gosh I so agree with you I haven't bought a single issue after Carine was gone and my last issue with her was the September 2010 because until then I was a subscriber. This magazine needs serious makeover asap.

Natasha's ed is amazing but every editorials for months now look exactly the same! The same models, the same styling, same locations, same photographers and same ideas! Vogue Paris has lost a lot of its prestige and a lot of readers.

Last edited by Bertrando3; 14-08-2011 at 03:47 PM.
14-08-2011
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by AileenK View Post
I don't love natasha’s ed ,the style is so rough and weird,look like a beggar lost her way in the desert.

well,I have nothing against the cover choice and the content is decent for a september issue.I like Isabeli's ed, Hailey and Joan's ed is not too bad either the rest is boring.

14-08-2011
V.I.P.

I don't care about the girl on the cover, I don't even know who she is actually, but this isn't that bad. Nothing special but this is not the worst cover I've seen.

I hope subscribers will receive the FNO tshirt too.

trendsetter

The editorial Joan Smalls is in, "French Connection" is oen of the best editorials i have seen in a while. she looks stunning in it...i like her a lot more now

Alluring

Charlotte! The most brilliant cover girl, they really couldn't have made me happier.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2011, casiraghi, charlotte, mario, paris, september, testino, vogue