How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

13-08-2012
fashion elite

I can't wait to see what the new design of the magazine is like. I think Kate looks the best on the cover but I hope I could get Daria's one.

13-08-2012
V.I.P.

I will be collecting all 3 covers. Three icons, 3 perfect cover. Lara's just flawless, Kate's amazing and Daria's nice.

tfs star

Kateeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I don't like Lara's hair.
I love Daria, but here looks bad.

13-08-2012
backstage pass

I oddly like all three covers, and I am not a fan of Kate. Lara and Daria's poses are a bit off like others were saying but Lara Stone in VP again is a gift so I'll take it

13-08-2012
When in doubt, wear red.

I'm all for defending Emanuelle Alt but she's really not helping !! I mean : Daria, Lara and Kate ( who's apparently the October cover girl as well) Thats f*cking ridiculous at this point.
I like the black theme but if you want to put your faves on the cover by Mert and Marcus at least do something interesting, you know at least W magazine put them in the same bed together. This is just a bereaved Vogue Japan on crack.
And don't get me started on Garance Doré Bradshaw-ing her way into the pages of VP. this is pure joke.
If I wasn't a subscriber I really don't think I would've bought this, unless the eds are truly fantastic. I just hope I'm gonna get Daria's cover ; Lara looks half asleep and besides her pose I don't see anything thrilling about Kate's cover. At least Daria's got that stare.

fashion icon

Omg, Daria looks a little like Iris Strubegger there. I totally mistook her..

Anyway, I looove Daria's face & I like Kate's body language. Lara's cover, imho, is a little forgettable
Posted via Mobile Device

13-08-2012
trendsetter

All of them are so stunning, to be honest it's quite hard to choose 1 cover.
Posted via Mobile Device

13-08-2012
V.I.P.

This is just a pretentious cr*p... Models choice is boring beyond imagination which Alt is obviously struggling with... What's up with their cheeck bones?! Crazy!

13-08-2012
tfs star

The new font is sort of strange. It looks like some other European language not French. I'm gonna have to pass on the covers, but hopefully this issue will surprise with it's content because the covers aren't doing much for me.

13-08-2012
V.I.P.

so when i read the title i got totally excited...but then i opened it up and saw these three covers! i wish they could have done just one cover with all three girls on it. the covers are all really boring although i am happy to see daria on any cover.

V.I.P.

LOVE Daria's face and Kate's pose. Lara's cover is not her best. And I can't wait to pick up an issue (even though Daria's pose is kind of lifeless, her face is just too good to pass up) to see if there really are any improvements. I'm hoping Garance's pages are good, always love her writing.

front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by visualoptimism View Post
so when i read the title i got totally excited...but then i opened it up and saw these three covers! i wish they could have done just one cover with all three girls on it. the covers are all really boring although i am happy to see daria on any cover.
i completely agree.
seeing the girls names, the first thing that came to mind was w magazine's summer camp—i wish they'd have done something like that, albeit much more chic & glam as it is the sept. issue. but idk, i don't really see the point of three individual covers that look pretty much the same.

V.I.P.

I love that dark simplicity. I'm surprised Lara's cover isn't my favorite and if I purchase this, I'll have a hard time deciding between the other two, which came out perfect, their expression match the entire moodiness of the picture.

Not bothered one bit by the fonts and I'm intrigued by the new changes, I have little faith in Emmanuelle (really detest her taste in general) but it's been a while they 'touched' the magazine so it'll be interesting to see how it's been modified.. at this point I think anything can only be for the better.

V.I.P.

they all look bad, and i don`t see the layout changing, sorry...

MON
V.I.P.

These are really beautiful! Finally a new look for Vogue Paris! I love the new font as well as the layout. Daria`s for me has to be the weakest cover among the rest. Kate is on her own zone! She`s the queen of that cover. Lara looks divine as usual but Kate is owning it

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2012, daria, kate, lara, marcus, mert, moss, paris, september, stone, vogue, werbowy