How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

13-08-2012
MON
V.I.P.

Hope they upload better versions of the cover

13-08-2012
fashion elite

Is Emanuelle trolling us with the casting here? I mean seriously.

These aren't that bad but also not that good. I'd say Lara's is the best because she is the only one who doesn't look haggard. Hopefully there are some worthwhile eds inside.

███████████████

The covers are terrible to much photoshop in the face of Lara & Daria , expecting more to September issue

13-08-2012
Mag Master

Full Cover:

vogue.fr

Last edited by Mat Cyruss; 13-08-2012 at 04:29 AM.
13-08-2012
windowshopping

This has been done before. Which is a major fail in trying to re - launch a magazine with an old idea. Hopefully the inside gets better with every page, or else this may become one of Emmanuelle's good intentions went really bad in real life.

Has it occurred to anyone already that maybe Alt isn't good as editor - in chief? She was marvelous at her job under Carine. Why not bring someone else to do the main editor job and let Emmanuelle do what she did best? Clearly people bash almost every one of her issues - so either they had too high expectations, or Alt is not a fashion leader.

13-08-2012
fashion elite

I cant beleive people hate this, its like they just hate because its cool to hate Alts work.
This is fantastic, I love how simple and timeless this cover is. THey chose 3 models to showcase the same dress and to show different ways of the parisien chic.
I mean Alts work for Vogue Paris is not what it used to be. Shes becoming more comfortable and producing better and better issue after issue.

13-08-2012
fashion insider

^totally agree

13-08-2012
V.I.P.

this is nice but that's about it

13-08-2012
backstage pass

wwd.com

13-08-2012
fashion elite

Daria looks off goshhh why? They made her look like Snejana somehow lol Kate is pff Kate should retire I've said this plenty of times, her body pose is the best out of the 3 (I mean it should count for something since she has been modeling the longest out of the 3 and is a modeling icon so she knows what's she's doing that's for sure) but her face is off as well, her own left eye is weird compared to the right one. The one cover that works the best is Lara's: great face. BUT whyyyyyy did Vogue Paris had to go so bland?! The photographer failed those supermodels big time, it's a shame to have those amazing girls and do THAT! I mean it could have been a group shot, that would have been iconic for their september cover and the clothes (yes this slip on looks great) for the cover and for fall I was expecting something cooler and warmer.

Some Like It Hot

Quote:
Originally Posted by testinofan View Post
The covers are terrible to much photoshop in the face of Lara & Daria , expecting more to September issue
In this day and age you aren't not going to get photoshop, I think it's just something we've got to get used to.

For me the covers are a surprise and I want all three when they arrive in the UK, I love the continuous effect of the covers, This really is Emmanuelle's best cover under her reign, she has had some great covers but I feel this is on a completely different level to the others and I really love the sound of the new editions and re-shaping of the content and its features.

Last edited by Chanelcouture09; 13-08-2012 at 05:09 AM.
13-08-2012
fashion icon

I only dislike Kate cover (although Kate is my favourite model out of these 3).

13-08-2012
Mag Master

Quote:
In this day and age you aren't not going to get photoshop, I think it's just something we've got to get used to.

For me the covers are a surprise and I want all three when they arrive in the UK, I love the continuous effect of the covers, This really is Emmanuelle's best cover under her reign, she has had some great covers but I feel this is on a completely different level to the others and I really love the sound of the new editions and re-shaping of the content and its features.
i agree
i don't know what it is, but i like all three covers & the colours give the right autumn mood

but like mentioned before, i also think Daria looks very Strubegger here

13-08-2012
V.I.P.

Kate and Lara look gorgeous! Daria not so much...
So I guess the whole Saskia/Aymeline cover rumour got scrapped? Pity, at least it would have been someone new. Can't wait to see what the content will be like (very predictable, I fear).

BTW, does this mean that Kate will still be on next month's cover with George Michael?

13-08-2012
V.I.P.

^Considering there are 64 pages of M&M inside, the Aymeline and Saskia puctures will turn up somewhere inside.

Wow, just a few days ago I was thinking "I wish VP would have a redesign, but they haven't announced anything so it probably won't happen anytime soon." . And now this comes out. I don't love thke new fonts but I like them much better compared to the previous ones. Alt, just like Tonchi, has become more comfortable to make changes and step out of her usual territory and I really admire that. As for the covers themselves, just like most people, when I read the title I thought they're gonna be all together but anyway they'll probably gonna look much more striking irl as usual. I was going to purchase Lara's cover beacause Daria had one in February and Kate will also have next month but she doesn't look her best so I'll have to decide between Kate and Daria. On another note, 64 pages of M&M!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2012, daria, kate, lara, marcus, mert, moss, paris, september, stone, vogue, werbowy