How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

13-08-2012
French Chic

Putting 3 different models on the covers and then styling them identically and wearing the same dress, was always gonna garner comparisons.....so for that reason I'm not gonna bother. I will say that although nothing special, I find all 3 covers to be visually stimulating.

13-08-2012
ɐʎ ʎǝɥ

their faces look nice but theres something about the dress that makes the cover look sloppy..the grey is so annoying too

13-08-2012
fashion insider

Look at Kate's earring.

g-u-s-t-a-v-s-s-o-n.tumblr

13-08-2012
old-fashioned

Stunning covers. I can't decide which one I like the most. I'm a Kate/Lara obsessed but Daria's cover looks just as good. I also like the font and layout, they didn't change very much, and there's no excess of text. This still doesn't make me excited about Emmanuelle as EIC though, and a Garance Doré feature doesn't sound really interesting, but I'm curious to see the other changes.

V.I.P.

Kate's cover is the only one which I like- she wears that ugly (IMO) dress in a way that makes it a little less ugly, but Daria (which looks like Iris here) and Lara don't look very good in it. Nice idea for a cover, but I'm not impressed.

13-08-2012
don't look down

The pages that come after those covers can only get better - well, apart from the ones full of schoolgirl drivel from Ms Dore.

I would greatly appreciate a magazine running a monthly feature with different fashion illustrators - along the same lines of profiling someone's personal style - but if Garance's work represents "the Vogue aesthetic", that only makes me imagine what a modern-day French edition of Bazaar might look like, and whether it would have pages offering me cutesy scribbles.

trendsetter

Daria! <3

13-08-2012
V.I.P.

The 3 covers are fine, but i think that the background ruins the original photos are covers & could be than they look better with different dresses, excpet Lara look great on that dress, but Daria & Kate with other dresses.

I like the new font of the mag & can't wait to see the whole main ed.

13-08-2012
fashion insider

WOW,Daria is a complete knock out on her cover; that bone structure!

honestly styling them all the same doesn't bother me; in fact i like the concept.

seeing what each individual model brings to sell us the gown, the magazine, the Parisian dream but even these gals couldn't rescue those tacky, granny reject nightgowns.

still excited to see the contents/results of the re-vamp!

Mag Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by diorrnottwarr View Post
Nice covers, but a bit dull. Think it's slightly amusing that on a redesign that focuses so much on "Parisenne" style they shot the girls in a capital I Italian brand.

Loving the Alt's letter design though
italian is the new french

13-08-2012
front row

Can anyone tell me if in the past have all Vogue Paris multi covers been shipped to the UK when this has happened before? Or is it more likely that only one cover will be imported?

For me too the covers come as a surprise, as in who has surfaced upon them, I was really expecting to see a punchy group shot when I opened this thread earlier today. Maybe I shouldn't be surprised though, Emmanuelle Alt really does love Kate and Daria perhaps a little too much for my liking. It's a bit ridiculous isn't it, already 3 covers for Kate under Alt's reign as editor-in-chief and perhaps another one on the way with George Michael for the October issue. It's good to see Lara though, as I suspected we would see less of her with Carine gone.

Moving on, obviously everything is virtually photoshopped in fashion magazines from the cover(s) to the contents. I've accepted that, it just bothers me though how excessively it's being used sometimes to the point of the subject(s) becoming too fake for me to like. It is Mert & Marcus's work after all though, not that I don't like their work though as I love how they work with colour. In all honesty though, for example we all know Kate doesn't look that great as she appears to be on that cover, I'll forever love her as a model but it's blatantly obvious that she is caked in make-up and been edited to the extremes. I find it unnecessary. Kate definitely pulls off the best pose though as she fills more of the space surrounding her, the composition looks only ever so slightly off though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarMe View Post
It feels a bit pointless to use models only to make them look like carbon copies of one another. Same hair, same makeup, same background, even the same dress?
^Ditto, if anything it makes the whole thing look even more faker, despite this I'll probably end up getting all 3 covers for collection purposes without hopefully having to resort to eBay and I like the whole idea of the black colour theme. Sounds appealing.

13-08-2012
scenester

When I read the thread title I was expecting something along the lines of the W Magazine cover with all three of them in the bed together - silly me

I love all three covers. None of them can do wrong in my book.

13-08-2012
V.I.P.

I tend to be a fan of all things dark and dramatic, but am I the only one that thinks this make up makes all three of these beautiful ladies look like they just got out of a fight?

Daria's looks bad (and I usually never say that about anything she is in) and Kate's is the worse. Lara's is only sub-par and I am in awe that these were shot by Mert & Marcus. I loathe that gray background..and they have managed to bored me to tears not once, not twice, but three times with such pitiful covers.

NO appeal what-so-ever....

windowshopping

Daria looks amazing.

13-08-2012
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat Cyruss View Post
italian is the new french
and yet the girls wear Dolce and none of those models is french lol... yeah: "celebrating la Parisienne"

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2012, daria, kate, lara, marcus, mert, moss, paris, september, stone, vogue, werbowy