How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

13-08-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bertrando3 View Post
and yet the girls wear Dolce and none of those models is french lol... yeah: "celebrating la Parisienne"
Yes, I actually thought the same... I'm a little skeptical to all the changes... I hope that this will bring more substance into the already kind of dry vogue.

13-08-2012
backstage pass

I think this is absolutely awful! I do not like any of the covers and I have yet to see an identity that says "Alt" and which blends into the Vogue girl. I find it ridiculous that it's always the same cover subjects and only shows how scared Alt is of taking risks. Fashion is ever changing. It's an industry that continuously evolves yet VP remains stagnant and stale. I have seen all of this before and if Alt thinks that changing the layout of a magazine and changing the font is going to give a magazine a new identity then she needs to think again. This is the worse September issue of any fashion magazine, and I don't even need to see the contents to know that it will be everything that's she has done before in the same rotation... Disappointed!

Last edited by Modelo; 13-08-2012 at 06:36 PM.
13-08-2012
fashion elite

im shocking at the idea that being parisienne or celebrating parisienne models have to wear french made clothes. seriously, how silly and narrow minded when people are criticizing this fact.

imo, celebrating parisienne means celebrating their cultures, styles, etc. wearing italian or american brands doesnt mean u r any less parisienne. the origins of clothes could be from anywhere in the world as long as it fits the aesthetic of parisinne.

haters will always be haters!

13-08-2012
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by congacon View Post
imo, celebrating parisienne means celebrating their cultures, styles, etc. wearing italian or american brands doesnt mean u r any less parisienne. the origins of clothes could be from anywhere in the world as long as it fits the aesthetic of parisinne.
I agree with you.

13-08-2012
V.I.P.

that flashing gif file with the 3 covers in 1 is really interesting. they all have similar cheekbones and mouths in this pic. and their bodies don't look all that dissimilar from one another either. just the eyes and pose, really.

i think it's a beautiful cover, because i think that they 3 of these supermodels are each just breathtaking. i'm not a fan of the grey background. and i do wish that they'd done something different for each of them. but overall - i do think i'd stop in my tracks were i to stumble across this in a magazine shop.

rising star

Kate's pose makes the ugly Dolce dress look decent, Daria looks gorgeous, and Lara's body language looks lazy. Having said that I do love all three girls but I'm not a fan of all three having to wear the exact same hair, makeup, and design. Maybe it would have looked better if they carried out a common theme with different designs.

14-08-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
I'm not amazingly happy with the three previews, but I totally agree with this statement. It's about that effortless aesthetic of the Parisian woman.

fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by congacon View Post
im shocking at the idea that being parisienne or celebrating parisienne models have to wear french made clothes. seriously, how silly and narrow minded when people are criticizing this fact.

haters will always be haters!
riiiiiiight because when you think about PARISIENNE you don't think of someone french or a top french model wearing some french high end brand yeah and you call people narrow minded? I meannnnn it's like if you would have a cover of Chinese Vogue and put a Russian or African American model and put the coverline 'The chinese woman'. It doesn't make any sense whatsoever and people get confused with the simple fact of showing the real deal according to the main message: therefore I believe that even though YES celebrating 'La parisienne' could mean enhancing her style, the french aesthetic and everything, it's still BETTER and CLEARER to show a FRENCH MODEL (helloooo Constance, Noémie, Laiticia...) wearing a french label such as Chanel or Dior (especially since the name of its new designer is on the cover) like duh!

14-08-2012
V.I.P.

From what I understood from the article, Emmanuelle said that VP is about celebrating the Parisian woman in general and that this issue is dedicated to black, hence the lack of French women and clothes on the covers. On the other hand, last month's issue that was about Paris, had a French actress on the cover and the main editorial was all about the city.

trendsetter

Quote:
riiiiiiight because when you think about PARISIENNE you don't think of someone french or a top french model wearing some french high end brand yeah and you call people narrow minded? I meannnnn it's like if you would have a cover of Chinese Vogue and put a Russian or African American model and put the coverline 'The chinese woman'. It doesn't make any sense whatsoever and people get confused with the simple fact of showing the real deal according to the main message: therefore I believe that even though YES celebrating 'La parisienne' could mean enhancing her style, the french aesthetic and everything, it's still BETTER and CLEARER to show a FRENCH MODEL (helloooo Constance, Noémie, Laiticia...) wearing a french label such as Chanel or Dior (especially since the name of its new designer is on the cover) like duh!
Or maybe Alt is trying to communicate that the vibe/aesthetic of Parisienne has transcended into becoming something global, that is universally attainable by all women, irregardless of nationality.

14-08-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abracadabra View Post
Can anyone tell me if in the past have all Vogue Paris multi covers been shipped to the UK when this has happened before? Or is it more likely that only one cover will be imported?
I remember all three covers of May 2010 arriving here, and the June/July 2008 covers arrived also. So I'm certain these should come over, at least I hope so, because I'm wanting the three.

And wasn't the August issue dedicated to a Parisienne aesthetic? Perhaps Alt has been misunderstood. From what I understand, the issue is aimed at everything black. Every single issue of French Vogue could be aimed at Parisienne influences, for me.

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vogue28 View Post
From what I understand, the issue is aimed at everything black. Every single issue of French Vogue could be aimed at Parisienne influences, for me.
^ yes it is and that`s exactly why it is Vogue Paris and not Vogue France. and it always was Vogue Paris.

front row

I love Kate cover.

fashion insider

Wasn't Kate Moss supposed to get the October cover? This is not funny anymore (it never was...). Alt is not even mediocre, she's just plain bad. Everything she does is so wrong, so washed-out, so ugly, so inferior, so dull, so boring, so pointless, so irrelevant, so banal, so forgettable, so poor... I guess getting upset at this point isn't worth it.

Vogue is a ship adrift... A very out of fashion, ugly and uninspiring ship adrift...

Last edited by Creative; 14-08-2012 at 07:55 AM.
14-08-2012
fashion elite

Quote:
let's get real here, this is a fashion magazine, so celebrating parisienne means celebrating their fashion styles. and when it comes to styles people have the option to choose clothes that best represent their aesthetic doesnt matter where the clothes are coming from. fashion wise, being parisenne is about the LOOK that best represent them rather than the name tags. and this is vogue paris, this is how they interpret fashion under their point of view.

hollywood stars wear mostly french or italian made clothes, does that make them any less hollywood/american?

im from toronto, canada, and being torontonians we would wear lots and lots of clothes that are comfy like jeans and t-shirts and the origins of these clothes have nothing to do with our style and they will never define who we are. we are not foolish enough to go after someone to check for the name tags. it's all about the look not the name tags that define our lifestyle and cultures. in fact, over 90% of the clothes that we wear are made in china, vietnam, turkey, etc.

i dont think u can go anywere with your explanation above bc it makes no sense. having a chinese on a cover of a magazine and having an italian dress are two different things. that is the case of comparing apple to orange. this is a fashion magazine. it's all about the fashion style under parisienne point of view.

beign parisienne doesnt mean u r limited to everythign french. it's all about making fashion CHOICE that best represent them. to me being parisienne, one can wear dior dress, with italian shoes, and spice it up with american made jewelery. as long as it screams sophistication, class and sexiness.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2012, daria, kate, lara, marcus, mert, moss, paris, september, stone, vogue, werbowy